Easiest way to compare images?

My au3 experience is somewhat lacking and I'm also in a bit of a rush atm so maybe I'm just not thinking clearly...but, I'm having issues trying to compare 2 images that may or may not match.  I have the script grabbing a certain location on the screen and saving it to a file, then grabbing that same area and making another file.  Text may appear after the 1st image and I want to tell if that text appeared or not.

I was looking at PixelCheckSum but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted it to (again, could just be because i'm feeling rushed).  The images should have been exactly the same, but it was acting as if they were different.  I know it's not because of background pixels from moving the cursor or anything; I've eliminated as much noise from the image-taking process as possible.  Looking at them manually, I can't see any difference at all either, but the checksum is saying they are.

Is there a better way to go about doing this?  I might mess around with comparing the file sizes, since there is a difference with text, but that's not really a good way to do it..just a solution for this exact issue rather than a learning experience.

I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance