GUIListView headers and variables problems

-=|GO7|=-

Hello !

I've finally decided to finish coding one of my program and I have some questions about GUI :

First I'm using a big listview (20 columns) and i'm trying to launch a sort function when the user click on a column header. The problem is that every time i do this, the program crash (no compilation error : it's a windows XP crash report popup) and I have to kill the process in the task manager. I really don't understand why and although i've done extensive testing i still can't explain why it's happening. Here is the error message :

AutoIt3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Blablabla... Error singnature : AppName: autoit3.exe AppVer: 3.1.1.0 ModName: autoit3.exe

ModVer: 3.1.1.0 Offset: 0001d2ed

I've tried searching the hex dump but it's pure garbage !

On the other hand, the simple example in the autoitv3 help file does function, so it seems to be a problem with my script, but It can't be a synthax error.

The second problem, which may be related to the first is that I'm trying to read the content of a line on my GUIListView but the result is wrong. GUICtrlGetState($listview) returns for example 6 which is supposed to be the handle id of the line I clicked in my listview. But whe i do GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($listview)) which should tell me the whole content of the clicked line, instead it returns me "View" which is the text of a button I created on another GUI window currently hidden (@SW_HIDE). So I'm asking myself, is it possible that some GUIListViewItem received a handle id which is already in use ? How to prevent this ? Is it due to too much handle ids ? (I've read that the maximum number is 4096 but I don't think I have so much GUI variables)

Thanks in advance for your help !

This is a known bug in version 3.1.1.0 !

The only thing to solve it at the moment is to use the current beta version (see thread "3.1.1++" in "v3 Developers")

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10256

This is a known bug in version 3.1.1.0 !

The only thing to solve it at the moment is to use the current beta version (see thread "3.1.1++" in "v3 Developers")

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10256

Which one is a known bug ? the control id issue or the column header crash ?

I can't find my problem in the list of fixed issues in the link you provided... Maybe I'm blind but can you point the line ? Thx

30th August, 2005 - v3.1.1.72 (beta)Added : separate colors for listview/treeview items. (by Holger) Updated : Gets more exactly position for contextmenu for listview/treeview items. (by Holger) Fixed : a small flickering bug in CtrlSetImage() for treeview items. (by Holger) Changed : TraySetState() optional parameter values. (by Holger) !!! Breaks current beta scripts if used TraySetState(x) with optional parameter !!! Fixed : GuiCtrlSetPos, GuiCtrlSetResizing use visible window. (Thanks Holger) Fixed : Crash on rightclick on treeview or listview. (By Holger)

Well that's strange : its when i click with the left mouse button that it crashes, not the rightclick !

Edited by -=|GO7|=-

Are you are really sure that you are using the beta-version!?

Just try the following: got to i.e. 'startmenu' -> 'Programs' -> 'Autoit v3' -> 'Beta' -> 'Run Script (beta)' and open your script.

Does it still crash?

Regards

Holger