Go to solution Solved by sahsanu,

Not working for me :sweating:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 251, 192, 124)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 16, 8, 593, 169, $ES_WANTRETURN)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, StringFormat("As I explain below, my claim only holds true testmail@mail.com when one accepts my definition of what a valid email \r\naddress really is, and what \r\nit" & Chr(39) & "s not. If you want to use a different definition, you" & Chr(39) & "ll have to adapt the mail2@gmail.com regex. Matching a valid email \r\naddress is a perfect \r\nexample showing that before writing m3@ts1.es a regex, you have to know exactly what you" & Chr(39) & "re trying to match, and what \r\nnot; and \r\nthere" & Chr(39) & "s often a trade-off between what" & Chr(39) & "s exact, and what" & Chr(39) & "s practical."))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Show emails", 16, 192, 419, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            $aArray = StringRegExp(GUICtrlRead($Edit1), '\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH)
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1
                MsgBox(0, "" & $i, $aArray[$i])
            Next

#cs
            RESULT:
            testmail@mail.com
            mail2@gmail.com
            m3@ts1.es
            #ce
    EndSwitch
WEnd

probably am wrong somewhere....

In the sets you use A-Z which matches uppercase while the mail addresses are lowercase, so you must make the regex case insensitive using (?i)

BTW better use  $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH  to get all the matches instead of  $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH  which returns only the first one

Edited by mikell

• Solution

Not working for me :sweating:

mikell pointed to the the solution to solve your problem. You have two options, make the search case insensitive

$aArray = StringRegExp(GUICtrlRead($Edit1), '(?i)\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b',  $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)

or add a-z to the pattern to match lowercase letters.

$aArray = StringRegExp(GUICtrlRead($Edit1), '\b[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}\b',  $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)

Anyway, in the page I linked yesterday, you had this info ;) "If you want to use the regular expression above, there's two things you need to understand. First, long regexes make it difficult to nicely format paragraphs. So I didn't include a-z in any of the three character classes. This regex is intended to be used with your regex engine's "case insensitive" option turned on."

Cheers,

sahsanu

Edited by sahsanu