Refreshing a tab

I am trying to cobble together an AutoIT script that would allow me to toggle the first tab in Internet Explorer to refresh between 1 and 2 seconds. While working in tab 2 I need to transparently toggle the refresh rates of tab 1 without losing focus.

Here is an example that I found elsewhere 

#include <IE.au3>

HotKeySet('{ESC}', 'FNC_EXIT')

Local $oIE = _IEAttach('mywebsite!')

While 1
  Sleep(1)
  _IEAction($oIE, 'refresh')
WEnd

Func FNC_EXIT()
  Exit 0
EndFunc

Without knowing what I am doing I am trying to add the function to toggle between refresh times. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the assistance!

Edited by gr8leap

You could make an embedded webpage and make the page refresh outside of the embedded area. Not really an autoit thing but it can be done. I dont know why you would want to do this but I make a virtual machine if I want to have something work independently from what Im working on.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

The code example would work exactly as needed if it had the function to switch between 1 and 2 seconds. Right now it only refreshes the tab for 1 second. If I had a toggle to switch refresh rates on the fly that would be amazing.

I'm a total noob so its probably easy.  

Thanks again