runas command , run a windows command as administrator with parameters

Muzaiyan the OP is trying to run this from a non-admin domain profile; essentially you cannot use that as you would not be able to run the script with:

#requireAdmin
IsAdmin
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Did you try specifying the full path instead of just the program name with the cmd param?

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Developers

ok now it opens a command window with the cursor at C:\Windows\System32\  and nothing happens

What should it do? (Can't test this on my setup)

What happens when you type the commandline manually like this: bitlockerwizardelev.exe " u" in the opened window?

You could also try this format:

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @comspec & ' /k bitlockerwizardelev.exe \ u', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What should it do? (Can't test this on my setup)

What happens when you type the commandline manually like this: bitlockerwizardelev.exe " u" in the opened window?

You could also try this format:

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @comspec & ' /k bitlockerwizardelev.exe \ u', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

Ive only got one post left, its supposed to open a password reset screen for users to allow them to change their

bitlocker password

• Developers

Ive only got one post left,

Should be OK now.

its supposed to open a password reset screen for users to allow them to change their

bitlocker password

So what happened with the other 2 questions? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Its hard to guess when we don't have all the information. Post the most recent script used inside autoit tags or using the code editor in the comment menu.

Snips & Scripts

• Developers

doesnt work nothing happens , it runs from command prompt manually  but not from autoit script. any more ideas or has this got you all thinking :-)

The question was what happens when you manually run the command from the window opened by the script?

Just want to get confirmation that works too when running under different credential.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Nothing happens 

If manually nothing happens then I am not sure what you expect from a script? :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I doubt it's a bug in Autoit, instead its more or less debugging that hasn't been done :shifty:

Snips & Scripts

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'bitlockerwizard.elev "\ u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

this code works fine but you should try this one:

Local $Program = "bitlockerwizardelev.exe"

Local $parms = '\ U'
Local $sUserName = ""
Local $sPassword = ""

; try all flags one by one
Local $flags = 0
;~ $flags = 1
;~ $flags = 2
;~ $flags = 4
If Not FileExists(@SystemDir & "\" & $Program) Then MsgBox(16, "(File Not Found)", "Please Check The Existance of file.")
Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, $flags, @ComSpec & " /C " & $Program & " " & $parms, @SystemDir, @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16, "ERROR: " & @error, "Process failed")
    If StringRight($Program, 4) <> ".exe" Then MsgBox(16, "", "Please make sure that file is an executable or use ShellExecute() function")
EndIf