Help please, is it possible to...

Go to solution Solved by MikahS,

FileGetTime and FileGetSize needs to be returned with red text color.

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

JohnOne, Line 12

$srvname2 = '<font color="#FF0000">test.txt:  </font>'

this is the part i fully understand since this text isn't returned by a function/command/variable...

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

this is the part i fully understand since this text isn't returned by a function/command/variable...

Got it :rolleyes:

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Again, I think I'm going to say concatenation is gonna be your friend. Concatenating like such:

$testText = '<font color="#FF0000">' + $theFileTime + '</font>'  ; change the $theFileTime to your var holding the size and then do one on the time
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You're not concatenating in that line MikahS, you're adding the strings together like a math problem. Concatenation is done using "&" and not "+".

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Solution

You're not concatenating in that line MikahS, you're adding the strings together like a math problem. Concatenation is done using "&" and not "+".

haha such a dumb mistake, I apologize all :sweating:

$testText = '<font color="#FF0000">' & $theFileTime & '</font>'  ; change the $theFileTime to your var holding the size and then do one on the time
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Thanks it worked! I tought it was much harder than this  >_<

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Good deal :) Sorry about my little mistake there heh.

Glad to have helped. ;)

Snips & Scripts