Script exit on - Send("{ESC}")

MvGulik

Go to solution Solved by JohnOne,

Erm. Is there some odd case known where sending Send("{ESC}") makes your script just exit ?

- Accessing some other application menu-bar options.
- exit code:
+>00:59:55 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.174

[v3.3.12.0 on WinXp(32)(Classic)]

... Guess I'm off finding a fix/workaround.

Edit: Right ... Send("{ESC}", 1) doing the job. (Erm, nope. But at least no script exit.)

Edit: O dear. {ALT} is used/redirected to a application function. (seems I run out of menu closing options. >_< )

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Is GUI?

Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ;1=ESC  closes, 0=ESC won't close

Checked, by forcing a Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 0). Nope. Still exits on sending a ESC.

Although I use GUICreate in my script, its only used to force a single instance.

My script is a command line tool that is interacting(do some stuff and exit) with a other application(active focus) when the ESC is send.

Edit: A older autoit compiled version is not having this issue. Think its using v3.3.0.0.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• Solution

Are you able to create a reproducer?

EDIT:

And just for sanity sake, do you employ a Hotkey which uses Esc and is an exit function by any chance?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

EDIT:

And just for sanity sake, do you employ a Hotkey which uses Esc and is an exit function by any chance?

Aha, there we go.

I did had a general personal include that was using ESC in a hotkey. Disabling that include made the script flow normally again.

(Its a old script, but I should have thought about possible ESC hotkey conflicts here.)  :>

Time to take a closer look at that part.

(pending slapping a solved tag on the topic)

Edit: Yep, that definitely was it. *Solved*

Thanks JohnOne.   :)

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...