_Winamp_GetCurrentTrackFilePath() returns '?' characters when this file path has Korean or other characters (then english) in it.

Hi I recently enjoyed using Winamp Automation Library from this forum- '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>, but when I ConsoleWrite(_Winamp_GetCurrentTrackFilePath()) or GuictrlsetData(GUICtrlCreateLabel ( ""&_WinampGetTitle(),...)) it displays fine for english named files/ file path but not for those which has Korean or other languages between the file path or file names. How to avoid that '?' and return actual file path/file name with that language used?

Edited by peter1175

the console (cmd.exe) uses ANSI by default, code page 866, 862 etc. depends on the languages installed in Windows.

you can either force Unicode to the console, which requires registry manipulation (see here: (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14109024/how-to-make-unicode-charset-in-cmd-exe-by-default),

or export the data to a unicode-supported platform, such as write it to a file.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

I'm not sure even using the console is the problem. Your using _Winamp_GetCurrentTrackFilePath() with english. I don't think the authors of that library ever put in support for korean or other languages.

Could be wrong, but just my 2 cents. ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ