Easiest / quickest way to change date

Hey guys,

I am learning this kewl new tool. I basically have a two button interface which when I click on launch changes the year to a fixed date, launches a program then changes the date back to the original date. All I need to change is year. Can anyone give me an example on how to do this codewise and please remember I am just learning thanks.... ;)

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

pls post a .small. code snippet demonstrating what you are trying to do.

W/o a better description of what you want to accomplish, the sections in the manual dealing

w/ StringReplace() and/or StringFormat() may be of interest to you.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Hey guys,

I am learning this kewl new tool. I basically have a two button interface which when I click on launch changes the year to a fixed date, launches a program then changes the date back to the original date. All I need to change is year. Can anyone give me an example on how to do this codewise and please remember I am just learning thanks.... ;)

u could always:

$f = InputBox("Date Changer","Enter new date DD-MM-YY","")
_RunDOS("date "&$f)
Edited by B3TA_SCR1PT3R

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

• 7 months later...

Thank you for your reply, I believe I ended up just doing that. Running the dos window, sending the date command and then closing the app.

Thanks again :)

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT