Running setup file with paramaters

tsicoupe

Hello,

I am having an issue getting this program to install correctly. If i run the following command in a command prompt it installs exactly how i want it to:

msiexec /i "SMARTEducationSoftware.msi" INSTALL_NOTEBOOK=1 INSTALL_BOARD=1 ENABLE_MATH_TRIAL=0 INSTALL_RESPONSE=1 INSTALL_INK=1 DESKTOP_ICONS="" CUSTOMER_LOGGING=0 NB_PROD_KEY=XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-AAA ACTIVATE_LICENSE=1 NETWORK_CONTENT=1 CONTENT_TARGET_PATH="domaindatasmartgallery" /qn

i tried having a script open the command prompt and then use the send command to send that as a long keystroke but i keep getting syntax errors. I also tried to compile it using ShellExecute and i get the same syntax errors. I know its obviously something i am typing wrong but if you could help me out or if there is a better way of doing this i would appreciate any help.

This is what i tried:

Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
WinWaitActive("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
send('cd C:appssmart14.2)' & "{ENTER}")
send("msiexec /i "SMARTEducationSoftware.msi" INSTALL_NOTEBOOK=1 INSTALL_BOARD=1 ENABLE_MATH_TRIAL=0 INSTALL_RESPONSE=1 INSTALL_INK=1 DESKTOP_ICONS="" CUSTOMER_LOGGING=0 NB_PROD_KEY=XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AAA ACTIVATE_LICENSE=1 NETWORK_CONTENT=1 CONTENT_TARGET_PATH="domaindatasmartgallery" /qn{ENTER}")

as well as

ShellExecute("msiexec.exe" [, "/i "SMARTEducationSoftware.msi" INSTALL_NOTEBOOK=1 INSTALL_BOARD=1 ENABLE_MATH_TRIAL=0 INSTALL_RESPONSE=1 INSTALL_INK=1 DESKTOP_ICONS="" CUSTOMER_LOGGING=0 NB_PROD_KEY=XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AAA ACTIVATE_LICENSE=1 NETWORK_CONTENT=1 CONTENT_TARGET_PATH="domaindatasmartgallery" /qn"])

Edited by tsicoupe

• Developers

try:

ShellExecute("msiexec.exe" , '/i "SMARTEducationSoftware.msi" INSTALL_NOTEBOOK=1 INSTALL_BOARD=1 ENABLE_MATH_TRIAL=0 INSTALL_RESPONSE=1 INSTALL_INK=1 DESKTOP_ICONS="" CUSTOMER_LOGGING=0 NB_PROD_KEY=XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AAA ACTIVATE_LICENSE=1 NETWORK_CONTENT=1 CONTENT_TARGET_PATH="\\domain\data\smartgallery" /qn')

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

thanks that did work, lastly i am trying to delete a registry entry when that program is finished installing. This is what i did:

ProcessWaitClose("msiexec.exe")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun", "SMART Floating Tools")

only problem is msiexec stays running after the setup is complete so it never processes this command unless you manually end the process. Any suggestions on that? Maybe i could have it wait until a shortcut file exists then process that command since the registry entry would of been created by then. How would i do that?

ShellExecute and Run return the ProcessID.

So you can do :

$iPid = ShellExecute("msiexec.exe" , '/i "SMARTEducationSoftware.msi" INSTALL_NOTEBOOK=1 INSTALL_BOARD=1 ENABLE_MATH_TRIAL=0 INSTALL_RESPONSE=1 INSTALL_INK=1 DESKTOP_ICONS="" CUSTOMER_LOGGING=0 NB_PROD_KEY=XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-AAA ACTIVATE_LICENSE=1 NETWORK_CONTENT=1 CONTENT_TARGET_PATH="\\domain\data\smartgallery" /qn')

ProcessWaitClose($iPid)
Edited by jguinch

• Moderators

His example doesn't care if the PID changes, not sure why you feel that's an issue.

There's also ShellExecuteWait (read description in the help file)

Or for your suggestion to wait for a shortcut, you can always use FileExists() in a loop:

ShellExecute("data here")

While Not FileExists("path\filename.lnk")
    Sleep(100) ; for cpu resting
WEnd

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.