_ArrayDeclareFromString, _ArrayToDeclarationString, _ArrayShuffleMultiDim, _ArrayCompare, _ArrayEnumValues, _ArrayAssign, ...

jguinch

Thanks.
Now, you can do the reverse, build the array from a string :

$array = _ArrayDeclareFromString('[[["Art"],["Painting",2,7],["Music",2,3],["Drama",3,4],["Dance",1,10]],[["Science"],["Maths",6,6],["Physics",5,1],["Chemistry",5,6],["Biology",5,6]],[["Sport"],["Football",12,8],["Golf",4,0],["Snooker",1,1],["Chess",10,0]]]')
$aEnum = _ArrayEnumValues($array) ; useful for arrays > 2 dimensions
_ArrayDisplay($aEnum)

• 3 years later...

Hello yy, I searched for what felt like forever until I found this brilliant script! What a great job! 👋

I haven't been working with Autoit for long and I'm having a lot of trouble reading into other people's scripts and even more problems understanding them. 

So I have a question: I would like to use the "_ArrayAssign" function in a "for ... next" loop and add a new line to the array with each new loop. What would be the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Hello @Celina76.

Thanks for your message.

In fact, the _ArrayAssign function is only useful in very rare cases. I think you have a 99.9% chance of not needing it.
I advise you to use the native array declaration method, and in particular ReDim which will allow you to resize an array and therefore add rows easily