Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schnabulation

"Send" and "ControlSend" not working in fullscreen application

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello all

I am new here and signed up to ask this question. The internet and this forum has already been searched by me to this time but sadly it did not solve my problem.

I wrote a hotkey script that writes a rather long text with the push of a button. The script is working as intended on every application except the one that I need it to. Which is the game: MechWarrior Online

I am fairly aware that game automation is not supported within this forum so I want to say this is not about automation (see my code below).

What I have come to so far:

- The script works in every application but MechWarrior Online. MechWarrior Online is a fullscreen application. So when the game is running and I hit the hotkey it just does not do anything.

- I compiled the script to an .exe and run it with admin privileges. Did not change anything.

- I added #RequireAdmin which did not change anything.

- I exchanged "send" with "ControlSend" and the window title which solved the problem partly: The hotkey still does not work when the game has focus. When I alt-tab out of the game (still running in the background but no focus) and hit the hotkey the text is written into MechWarrior Online perfectly. But I always have to alt-tab out of the game to use the hotkey which is not bearable.

So I would be really glad if you guys can point out what the problem is. Please see the code below:

#RequireAdmin

HotKeySet("{F1}","f1")

While 1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func f1()
    Sleep(50)   
    ControlSend("MechWarrior Online","","","Hello teammates, bla bla bla...")
FuncEnd

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Steve

Edited by Schnabulation

Schnabulation,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

I am fairly aware that game automation is not supported within this forum

But not aware enough it seems. :(>

hit the hotkey the text is written into MechWarrior Online

That still falls under the prohibition of:

Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game

So this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area