Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QIGuy

Editing image(.png) file details/tags

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Dear All,

I need help finding a way to edit file tags or authors information through a script.

Multiple users are using my programs to edit a bunch of files. I need a way to identify the last user who edited the file, without writing that information directly into the file.

When I open file properties, the details tab is where all the tags which have an assigned value are: 

QdjI1NI.jpg

I would like to edit information for "Tags" or "Authors", so that I can sort the files by those categories in details view:TLCFAE5.png

I had found ways to write tags into my .txt files, but nothing regarding .png image type.

I'm sure there is an easy way for this too, I just don't see it right now.

Thanks in advance,

QI

Edited by QIGuy

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Have a look at this topic: >link

It shows a way to do this by installing DSOFile COM object from microsoft. Example is in the last post of this thread.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the AutoIt forum QIGuy! :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Have a look at this topic: >link

It shows a way to do this by installing DSOFile COM object from microsoft. Example is in the last post of this thread.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the AutoIt forum QIGuy! :)

I have tried writing the Authors, Title or Comments to my .png and .txt files and it works, ie. i can read that information afterwards using the same object. Unfortunately it does not appear in the details view of Windows Explorer and I can not see any information there which means I can not sort all the files by that property. I can't even see the property in the details tab of the properties.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Thank you for your welcome! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas time!  :thumbsup: