Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, issue with ImageSearch and more

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am a complete newb to Autoit (although it seems incredible) and while the first hours i felt like I was getting better so quickly and  would soon dominate the world, right now I've lost any confidence in running any script at all, even copy pasted supposedly working ones..

So first I was just doing timings with sending keys and sleeping and pressing clicks etc etc... that was ok.

Then i saw the ImageSearch and it seems so good I would give a lot just to get it working and I have browsed over every single thread or youtube video or anything there is about it I have tried EVERY tutorial about this I spent the last 10 hours just doing tutorials about ImageSearch.

Even when i use what other say are working lines of codes for this, I fail (I've learned to consider different factor such as OS, 64/32x etc etc).

This was what looked the cleanest and simplest to start with (found on google) :

#include <ImageSearch.au3>
HotKeySet("S", "Start")
$X = 0
$Y = 0
Func Start ()
   $Search = _ImageSearch('boss.bmp', 0, $X, $Y, 0)
   If $Search = 1 Then
   MsgBox( 0, "Success", "WooHoo!")
   ElseIf $Search = 0 Then
   MsgBox( 0, "Failed", "wahhhhh!")
while 1

I do not even get an error message box while the thread opener said he had everything working good (even the error) ; i get this :

>"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:UsersUlysseDocumentsScripts et botslol.au3"     and i get this even with working simple scripts (although when they work they get the job done unlike here where I have no msg box)

Yes I used what the guy said were his working files, yes i deleted any blank border from the picture.

But even this I couldn't get to work (I was also wondering why there is no #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>).

I copy pasted ImageSearchDLL.dll and the au3 to C:\Windows\System32\  to the include folder, to my script folder, to C:Windows folder... I m not even sure there is a repertory in my computer that lacks those files...

The BMP picture is in my include folder, my script folder (the one folder where i saved the script i am actually writing), my dekstop (so it's seen by the macro), it's even opened on the screen so I make sure the macro will not miss it. I tried different BMP bit versions (256 etc).

I downloaded what is supposed to be the latest version of Autoit including all softs in 1 package (no compatibility problems i assume) from the official website.

I was still trying every DLL version I could find (hopefull X64 or x32 fixes) for different OS, i tried all the tips such as compiling and running in different settings.. I tried gaining confidence by running my first low timing scripts (lol) and i decided to seek for help because my new problem (which i googled for 2 hours too) is that whatever script i run, even the most simple one (like Winactivate) that actually work i still get this error line  :


>"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:UsersUlysseDocumentsScripts et botslol.au3"  


So now I'm at my wit's end, i thought do a thread or just give up and I hate quitting so here i am begging for mercy  :

Edited by Ulysse31

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you're going to stay at your wits end unfortunately.

There are no game automation threads allowed here.

Forum Rules

Surprised that somewhere in 10 hours of gaming/imagesearch youtube videos didn't mention that once.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...