Can AutoIT merge DLL's into an EXE when compiling?

Hello Friends,

I've seen this question pop up a few times but without answer.  So here goes...

I have developed an application using AutioIT.  The application is a simple GUI that enables the user to configure hardware remotely from their terminal.  The hardware is a new computer IC that has multiple complex parameters and is connected to the network through WiFi, USB, Ethernet, or Cellular Modem. 

I have the whole system working very well and would like to simplify it, making the installation process as simple as copy/paste.  The system relies on half a dozen DLL's to operate, so to achieve my goal I'll have to merge the DLL functionality into my code or find an automated method to merge an existing .exe (generated by AutoIT) with DLL's (some from AutoIT, like COM, others from 3rd parties).

I've tried to use ilmerge (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/people/mbarnett/ilmerge.aspx) with no luck.  Visual Studio has a method that would work if I wasn't using AutoIT (it does the merge at compile time).

So.. does anyone have similar requirements and if so how are you doing it?

A little background... I've asked this question on several other forums and usually get responses like "why would you want to do that, it sounds silly".  It probably does sound silly at first, but here's the reason just in case it helps...  The end customers don't want to have to go through a Windows software installation to run this tool.  They are primarily in education and want to be able to carry a single file on a memory stick or email a single .exe to students.  The key learning for the student is how to use the specific hardware integrated circuits the software talks to and they don't want the students getting defocused from this in any way.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the time you spent reading this post and for any advice you can give.

Doug

If you have the dll code it is remotely possible that you could write same in autoit.

Otherwise, there are methods to embed and call dll functions from within the executable.

I have not done this and read the threads some time ago.

Search in examlpe scripts for terms like 'embed dll', 'run binary'

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

A little background... I've asked this question on several other forums and usually get responses like "why would you want to do that, it sounds silly".  It probably does sound silly at first, but here's the reason just in case it helps...  The end customers don't want to have to go through a Windows software installation to run this tool.  They are primarily in education and want to be able to carry a single file on a memory stick or email a single .exe to students.  The key learning for the student is how to use the specific hardware integrated circuits the software talks to and they don't want the students getting defocused from this in any way.

There is MemoryDLL options.

But, if that's the only issue you're looking at, then a simple FileInstall() straight from your app with the objects needed would be fine.

Here's a >FileInstall Helper tool for that.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.