ShellExecute .xpi file opens Firefox only through autoit

frank10

1.  When you did it manually, did you go to the directory that the xpi file was in and launch it from that directory?  I am going to assume so.

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $dir & "\Addon.xpi", $dir, @SW_HIDE)
Does that help?

3.  Or try launching (2nd param, from firefox's directory if it doesn't.

1) yes with CD.

2-3) no luck.

@JohnOne

Me too think it's not a bug, but indeed is (my) autoit causing the problem.

And again, it's not an xpi related problem, it is a ShellExecute/Run combined with FF problem.

EDIT:

I use FF 34.0.5

Edited by frank10

Do the associations actually change when you run the script and the extensions stop working?

Try looking at that before closing FF.

But I still have a sneaky feeling it is FF working dir that is the problem, do you know what FF working dir is?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Developers

Could there be a difference between 32 and 64 bits as you likely run the 32 bit shell with AutoIt3?

Maybe try with the x64 version of AutoIt3 and see what happens.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you Jos, you pointed me in the right direction!!

Normally I launch my .au3 file with a dblclick on the desktop's icon --> problem

Or from Scite --> problem

Now, to test difference with x64 version I tried "Run Script (x64)" with the right mouse button over the .au3.--> WORKS WELL!

Then I tried also "Run Script (x86)" --> WORKS also.

So, it's not a problem of x64 but something in the autoitWrapper?, something related at launching the script from Scite or dblclicking the file...

EDIT:

I have W7/64bit

Edited by frank10

• Developers

What did you do to solve the double clicking? (Set the default to AutoIt3_x64.exe?)

Can you show me the SciTE output pane info so I can see what is happening?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I solved the double clicking adding the line you suggested at the top of script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y

But the same script running in Scite doesn't solve the problem.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "E:\Domotica\TEST.au3" /UserParams    
+>08:46:27 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.0.0.0.0 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000410  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0410)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Franci3\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Franci3\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:E:\Domotica\TEST.au3
+>08:46:27 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.11.6):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "E:\Domotica\TEST.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F6 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
+>08:46:27 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>08:46:27 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.125

Edited  by frank10

So am I right in presuming that the issue is because Firefox is being launched as 32 bit when it should be 64?

Which would let AutoIt off the hook essentially, and fall back on the coder. ;)

Unless I'm missing something (not unheard of)? :blink:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I don't know if the problem is in the 64bit, as I'm already said, the script works fine also launching it in "Run Script (x86)" mode, so it shouldn't be a 64bit thing.

Besides also with the wrapper 64bit line in Scite it doesn't work.

It seems to me, that it is likely something to do with 64 bit, of which I have no experience.

It appears you are running a 32 bit version of Firefox on a 64 bit system.

I'm not sure what that means when it comes to execution using AutoIt, so I will leave that to the Wise Ones.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 4 years later...

addons2610.au3

sorry to just give the answer but it's working for me, let me know if there is problems with this (just tried with normal install of firefox on  Windows32 and 64 bits versions), just put the XPI near the m3u to compile. for the moment (just in 5 addons, essentials for me, near 5 Mo for the exe. I'm trying to know how to make it better because I want to have near 100 xpi on my pocket). the programme is 5KO sized but all XPI have is owned size. I Put them directly in the temp folder when I lauch the .exe ans ask firefox to install them when I click on each . Firefox is spécial and I don't want to renew this at each change (juste change the XPI before compile and rename them) and mozilla don't let some addons which can work I think.

PS : do you know where to find a spécial addons like cooliris (piclens and let me know witch addons are essentials or more usesefull ). regards