Anyone know of a C# macro/automation framework?

BubuX

Hi folks,

does anyone know of a C# framework or library for Macro/Automation like AutoIT?

I'm aware of this: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

But that is using AutoIt from C#. I want a native C# library/framework that does similar things as AutoIt.

The best I've found is http://sourceforge.net/projects/botlib/ but it seems a bit limited.

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Based on your posts and the link above, I am going to suggest you read the Forum Rules, especially the part where discussion of game automation and interaction is forbidden (mainly because it is lame and stupid).

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The UI Automation framework is a general purpose automation framework, that can be used with all modern MicroSoft development languages.

You can find an AutoIt implementation of the framework here.

Based on your posts and the link above, I am going to suggest you read the Forum Rules, especially the part where discussion of game automation and interaction is forbidden (mainly because it is lame and stupid).

Thank you! I actually didn't know that.

Good thing I'm looking for automating tedious office tasks, not games. But I appreciate your attention.

Definitely +1 for UI Automation framework, unless you're targeting DirectX/OpenGL windows or something where those won't be as effective. It's really easy to just make your own solution then, it's not nearly as arcane as writing DllCall's in AutoIt. E.g. a "Move cursor C#" search on SO will give you a few short (3-10 lines) solutions.

Inverted, You are generally wrong in both your assumptions. All standard MicroSoft controls supports UI Automation. All applications/programs build on these controls supports UI Automation.

This includes all Microsoft programs on your PC e.g. Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Calculator, Paint, the Office package etc.

You can easily automate all these programs with AutoIt and the UI Automation framework.

.NET and Windows Forms based applications supports UI Automation. Generally programs created with all modern MicroSoft development languages supports UI Automation.

The UI Automation framework can be used on Windows XP SP3 and later.

Because the UI Automation framework is the automation platform, which is developed and supported by MicroSoft in these years, a lot of software companies all over the world also supports UI Automation. This includes most major development companies.

More and more non-MicroSoft GUI toolkits like wxWidgets supports UI Automation.

If a third-party application is created with controls that supports UI Automation, this application can be automated.

To test if a program supports UI Automation you can use Inspect.exe from Windows SDK. Or the "Simple spy tool" in the link above.

Most companies consider automation code as valuable additional code. Programs like AutoIt and similar programs can be used to automate tedious and repetitive tasks. Many programs like NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) and similar programs are highly depending on automation code build into computer software.

To support automatic testing, many development companies adds much extra automation code to the programs that they develop. This test code is of course only useful for the development company. Normally the test code is removed before the program is released.