Problem with Dllcall optimisation

Ulysse31

Go to solution Solved by funkey,

Hi, I'd like to point out that I did days of searching because being a newb to c++ and autoit I still got pretty far into this process.

Idea was to write memory with AutoIt and nomadmemory didn't work out for me so i created my DLL in c++ and I called it, no problem so far.

C++ code : 

DECLDIR int changeparametre(int newdata)
    {
        HWND hWnd = FindWindow(0, "Caduciel"); // Nom de la fenêtre dont vous voulez modifier les variables
        if (hWnd == 0)
        {
            MessageBox(0, "Erreur impossible de trouver la fenêtre.", "Erreur", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
        }
        else
        {
            DWORD proccess_ID;
            GetWindowThreadProcessId(hWnd, &proccess_ID);
            HANDLE hProcess = OpenProcess(PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, FALSE, proccess_ID);
            if (!hProcess)
            {
                MessageBox(0, "Erreur impossible d'ouvrir le processus!", "Erreur!", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
            }
            else
            {
                int newdata = 500; // La nouvelle valeur qui remplaçera l'ancienne
                DWORD newdatasize = sizeof(newdata);
                if (WriteProcessMemory(hProcess, (LPVOID)0xF742119C, &newdata, newdatasize, NULL)) // 0x57C2A4 Correspond à l'adresse qui sera modifier
                {
                    MessageBox(NULL, "Ecriture dans la mémoire à réussis.", "Réussis", MB_OK + MB_ICONINFORMATION);
                }
                else
                {
                    MessageBox(NULL, "L'écriture dans la mémoire à échouer!", "Erreur", MB_OK + MB_ICONERROR);
                }
                CloseHandle(hProcess);
            }
        }
        return 0;
    }

Autoit call code :

$dll = DllOpen("caduciel1.dll")
DllCall($dll, "none", "changeparametre", "int", 3)

Header file :

#ifndef _DLL_TUTORIAL_H_
#define _DLL_TUTORIAL_H_  // This is basically to tell compiler that we want to include this code only once(incase duplication occurs), you include it in .cpp file(which we will soon do)
#include <iostream>       // Inlcude basic c++ standard library output header(this is used for output text on the screen in our code)
#include <windows.h>
#define DECLDIR __declspec(dllexport)

// We #define __declspec(dllexport) as DECLDIR macro so when compiler sees DECLDIR it will just take it as __declspec(dllexport)(say that DECLDIR is for readability)
// Note that there is also __declspec(dllimport) for internal linking with others programs but since we just need to export our functions so we can use them with Autoit, thats all we need!

extern "C"  // this extern just wraps things up to make sure things work with C and not only C++
{

// Here we declare our functions(as we do with normal functions in c header files, our cpp file will define them(later). Remember that DECLDIR is just a shortcut for __declspec(dllexport)

DECLDIR int changeparametre(int);
}

#endif // closing #ifndef _DLL_TUTORIAL_H_

it does the job (edits the memory).

However, the memory is correctly edited instantly and autoit is stuck "searching" 7-9 seconds after the job was done, I m wondering why and if i can change that, all help would be greatly apreciated.

Computer processor is i7 4790k

Edit : solved : 

DllCall($dll, "int:cdecl", "caduciel", "int", 3)
Edited by Ulysse31

• Solution

Try to use the cdecl calling convention in DllCall.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.