Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyanidemonkey

Keyboard remapping? Sun kb on Win PC.

3 posts in this topic

I have an nice old Sun Micro Systems N-107 keyboard and I would like to use it on my PC. I hooks up via the PS/2 plug and most keys work, it is just that some of the mapping is not correct for Windows.

Before I look into registry modification, Is it possible to remap using autoit? something like the hotkeys.au3 so that the keys that are missed matched can send the correct value?

I am not interested in keylogging or any of that stuff, just a way to use my cool old keyboard.

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

Yes, there are a number of ways to do it: Below are just two:

Using HotKeySet

HotKeySet("{F1}", "_pressB")
HotKeySet("{F10}", "_pressC")
While 1
 Sleep(100)
WEnd
Func _pressB()
 Send("b")
EndFunc
Func _pressC()
 Send("C")
EndFunc

Using _IsPressed

#include <Misc.au3>
Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")
While 1
    If _IsPressed("70", $hDLL) Then
        Send("b")
 ElseIf _IsPressed("79", $hDLL) Then
  Send("C")
 EndIf
WEnd

The _IsPressed method, however, will usually send several strokes at a time.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Cool, thanks for the help, I will read up the help docs on those methods. I found the N-107 key codes on a website about the keyboard so I think I can use the numbers from _IsPressed()

I know there are proably other ways of doing it, but I prefer a simple app to run in the background, so if I ditch the keyboard I can just remove the app and no registry changes are required. This is for the PC at work and I don't want to monkey about with it too much, but I just hate the nasty cheap clacker I am typing with right now >_<  but because I am software testing I need to quickly take it out of the workflow if I get an issue with our software.

Edited by cyanidemonkey

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator