Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patrickkidd

Latest iamge recognition?

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to automate an app that uses lots of non-standard gui elements, and so image search is the only way. The only image search functionality I can find for AutoIt is ImageSearchDll.dll but it looks quite old now (2009) and I can't seem to get it to work. There are many old forum posts on it and once you dig to find one of a few different dll downloads, it's still difficult to debug and get working.

Is there a better way these days? I'm on a headless (hence the need for automation) Windows 7 system.

Thanks so much!

I found this one that was updated in 2012. >Link

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I am trying to automate an app that uses lots of non-standard gui elements, and so image search is the only way. The only image search functionality I can find for AutoIt is ImageSearchDll.dll but it looks quite old now (2009) and I can't seem to get it to work. There are many old forum posts on it and once you dig to find one of a few different dll downloads, it's still difficult to debug and get working.

Is there a better way these days? I'm on a headless (hence the need for automation) Windows 7 system.

Thanks so much!

What issues are you running into? I'm pretty good with imagesearch.

If you need help with your stuff, feel free to get me on my Skype.

I often get bored and enjoy helping with projects.

What issues are you running into? I'm pretty good with imagesearch.

I cant get imagesearch to work at all. Take a screenshot of your desktop and crop out a small square of the picture. Open a window (like a browser window) to cover the area of the desktop that was cropped. Have a msgbox appear saying success when I minimize the browser window and the cropped image is visable. Please post the code for this simple example.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Paste in your imagesearch code

If you need help with your stuff, feel free to get me on my Skype.

I often get bored and enjoy helping with projects.