souldjer777

SimpleSpy fine under XP but not Windows 7 x64

3 posts in this topic

Good Morning All,

:ILA:

I'm using the latest UIA_V0_51 on XP and Windows 7 x64. I'm able to see focus, elements and all options under Windows XP for SimpleSpy - but not on Windows 7 x64. With Windows 7 x64 all I can focus on is the window frame. Very odd.   :think:  I've tried running simplespy "#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n" and the app under x32 on the Windows 7 x64 device. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I believe this is a simple thing I am overlooking... Thank you AutoIT Gurus!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Thanks

:cheer:

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you junkew - YOU ARE THE MAN BY THE WAY!!!

I figured out what was wrong, I had to run simplespy with "#RequireAdmin" - I tell ya, some Windows security features can really fowl up applications. All good now, I can focus on everything! Thank you for making the application junkew!

I was really driving myself crazy on this one and I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• souldjer777
      By souldjer777
      Good Evening Everyone
      Long time since I've been in the forums - missing AutoIt and programming dearly - but on with the question... I hope this one is easy
      I am using SimpleSpy / UIAWrappers.au3 to automate an application. I basically have a "Stop" button that I am waiting to change from UIA_IsEnabled:= <False> to UIA_IsEnabled:= <True>
      How do I check for the UIA_IsEnabled condition ?  Of course SimpleSpy gives all the details of GUI elements... but what code do I use to just check the GUI "Stop" buttons UIA_IsEnabled condition?
      Local $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP0, "title:=Stop;ControlType:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree)
      Thanks!
    • careca
      By careca
      Hey there, i have the code from simplespy but have no idea about what to use, got the UIA_V0_64 files.
      I look at the examples but i get lost, i ask for guideance in this matter.
      Best regards.

To get to this window simply run:
      control.exe /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageFileAssoc
      select a filetype and click "change program"
    • zenocon
      By zenocon
      I'm building a fake WinForms GUI that I'm using to test.  In one instance, it has a panel with a number of text elements.  I have the inspect.exe output of the real target UI that I'm trying to automate, but I'm trying to build a fake one now that emulates it so I can more easily test.
      The problem is the order of the text elements in the pane is different, and I'm having a helluva time trying to figure out how to set the order -- if that's even possible.  The WinForms TabIndex property doesn't do it.  There is no Index property on it otherwise.  I'm worried it may not even be possible, so I figured I'd ask here.
      Thank in advance