$line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
    $arr[_FileCountLines($file)]
    $arr[$i] = $line
Next
_ArrayDisplay($line)

#cs
_ArraySort($arr,
#ce

why doesn't it work? I wanted to use _ArraySort and let it be sorted alphabetically but I didn't even came that far.. 

I wanted to read each line then write it into an array with [linenumber] - line

Edited by Siryx

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$file = "D:\Dokumente\Tracklist.txt"
FileOpen($file, 0)
Global $arr[1000]
For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
    ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($file)+1]
    $arr[$i] = $line
Next
_ArrayDisplay($arr)

#cs
_ArraySort($arr,
#ce

my bad.. but how to sort alphabetically? _arraysort helpfile doesn't help me and google doesn't help me either :/

do I have to turn the first character into ascii or sth and then sort then make it backwards? :x

nvm it does it automatically.. lol

Edited by Siryx

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Maybe FileListToArray FileReadToArray is what you're looking for?

Edited by BrewManNH
Wrong function posted

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

nah its all good, I have a txt and I wanted to read in the lines into an array, which worked, now I used arraysort to make it sort alphabetically :) I found out by trial and error :P

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

FileOpen($file, 0)
Global $arr[1000]
ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($file)+1]

For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
    $arr[$i] = $line
Next
_ArraySort($arr)
_ArrayDisplay($arr)

another question, if I want to send $arr[n] to browser, which command should I use? Send ? 

Edited by Siryx

I used the wrong function name in my previous post, I meant to say use FileRreadToArray instead.

another question, if I want to send $arr[n] to browser, which command should I use? Send ? 

​It depends on which browser you're using, AutoIt comes with the Internet Explorer UDFs that allow you to use it with IE, there's a FF UDF in the examples scripts forum, and other methods of using Chrome. Send is probably a last resort function to use, it's not very reliable.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

That is a pretty vague question; it depends on which browser, and which control within the browser. 

Edit D'oh, too slow

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I used the wrong function name in my previous post, I meant to say use FileRreadToArray instead.

​It depends on which browser you're using, AutoIt comes with the Internet Explorer UDFs that allow you to use it with IE, there's a FF UDF in the examples scripts forum, and other methods of using Chrome. Send is probably a last resort function to use, it's not very reliable.

​so I could have avoided "a lot" of work using filereadtoarray? damn .. :D hmmm okay so I will search for something to work with chrome.. 

Edited by Siryx

There is a Chrome UDF in the Examples forum.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Siryx,

F.Y.I.  Please see comments in code...

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

#cs

FileOpen($file, 0)                      ; this stmt has no effect because there is no variable assigned to contain the file handle
                                        ; the stmt would normally be written as "local $hfl = fileopen($file,0)"

Global $arr[1000]
ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($file)+1]    ; these two stmt could have been expressed as "Global $arr[_FileCountLines($file)+1]"

For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)    ; _FileCountLines again, start of performance issues...should be ubound($arr) - 1
    $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)     ; performance hog - each FileReadLine causes an open/close sequence when using a file name, as opposed to a file handle
    $arr[$i] = $line
Next
#ce

local $arr = stringsplit(fileread($file),@CRLF,3)   ; read the entire file and split on EOL chars creating array $arr

; this assumes @CRLF as the EOL sequence.  The last parm of stringsplit ("3") means
                                                    ;     use the entire delimiter string as the split criteria and do NOT return a count of lines in offset 0

;   I might have written the above nested expression as:

;       local $sFile = fileread($file)
                                                    ;       local $arr = stringsplit($sFile,@CRLF,3)

_ArraySort($arr)
_ArrayDisplay($arr)

kylomas 

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

oh well.. so basically I made it overly complicated, and it's even more compressed than before.. Isn't stringsplit supposed to make arr[0] = UBound($arr)?

Edited by Siryx

There is a Chrome UDF in the Examples forum.

​can I integrate it in scite? I made everything as instructed but theres no automatic completion when I write _Chro....

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

About stringsplit: yes, StringSplit sets the 0'th element to the total count of split elements by default. (But you can change that by supplying $STR_NOCOUNT as the third parameter, see StringSplit helpfile: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/StringSplit.htm.)

About integration in scite: yes, you can. It's a bit of a hassle IMHO, but certainly well worth it though if you often use the UDF in question. See here: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Adding_UDFs_to_AutoIt_and_SciTE

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

About stringsplit: yes, StringSplit sets the 0'th element to the total count of split elements by default. (But you can change that by supplying $STR_NOCOUNT as the third parameter, see StringSplit helpfile: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/StringSplit.htm.)

About integration in scite: yes, you can. It's a bit of a hassle IMHO, but certainly well worth it though if you often use the UDF in question. See here: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Adding_UDFs_to_AutoIt_and_SciTE

​I didnt saw that 3 = 2+1 which means both flags are active .. but it seems like I can't change it to 1 bcuz it will fk the script up in a way i dont understand, lol. well better just use ubound i guess

Edited by Siryx

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

now I got it, using 1 instead of 3 would sort $arr[0] to somewhere else. $arr[0] is then sth else and it fucks up because the amount of entrys in the array is now a string (in my case some songname starting with "!!!" .. :D

Edited by Siryx

What? 
If there is a question in there, could you rephrase it?
Also, please read the helpfile for StringSplit to which I linked earlier (or access it from SciTE). It explains what flags 0, 1 and 2 (or rather $STR_CHRSPLIT, $STR_ENTIRESPLIT and $STR_NOCOUNT) do and it also holds an important note about splitting on @CRLF.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

not a question nah; I just wanted to tell that I understood and that I did