run autoit functions with runas

hello.

i am trying to run FileFindFirstFile and FileFIndNextFile with RunAs either I am doing it wrong or there may be some limitations that I am not aware of.. the return values certainly do not look right - i get numbers instead of filenames.  thanks in advance!

#RequireAdmin

#include <array.au3>
$msg_normal = 0
$msg_error = 0

$tools_dir = "\\server\pdir\subdir"

$ad_username = "uTest"
$ad_password = "pTest"

$sCmd = ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "FileExists(''' & $tools_dir & ''')"'
$iReturn = RunAs($ad_username, @LogonDomain, $ad_password, 0, @AutoItExe & $sCmd)
debug($iReturn)

If Not FileExists($tools_dir) Then
    MsgBox($msg_error, "Check for Updates", $tools_dir & " is not accessible.")
    Exit
EndIf

$search_path = $tools_dir & "\script*.exe"
;~ $sCmd = ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "FileFindFirstFile(''' & $search_path & ''')"'
$sCmd = '"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine ' & '"FileFindFirstFile(""' & $search_path & '"", "", Null)"'
$remote_prod_search = RunAs($ad_username, @LogonDomain, $ad_password, 0, @AutoItExe & $sCmd);, @ScriptDir, "runas")
debug($remote_prod_search)

If $remote_prod_search = -1 Then
    FileClose($remote_prod_search)
    MsgBox($msg_error, "Check for Updates", "Script install file cannot be found in " & $tools_dir & ".")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1
    $tCmd = ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "FileFindNextFile(''' & $remote_prod_search & ''')"'
    $file = RunAs($ad_username, @LogonDomain, $ad_password, 0, @AutoItExe & $tCmd);, @ScriptDir, "runas")
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    debug($file)
    $remote_prod_file = StringTrimRight($file, 4)
WEnd

FileClose($remote_prod_search)

Debug($remote_prod_file)

Func Debug($variable1 = "", $variable2 = "", $variable3 = "")

If IsArray($variable1) Then
        _ArrayDisplay($variable1)
    Else
        If $variable2 <> "" Then
            $variable1 &= @CRLF & $variable2
        EndIf

If $variable3 <> "" Then
            $variable1 &= @CRLF & $variable3
        EndIf

ClipPut($variable1)
        MsgBox($msg_normal, "Debug", $variable1)
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>Debug

example adopted from:

You can't do this the way you want to. RunAs returns a PID, not a search handle to the files. What you're trying to do is impossible this way.

The best you could do is to create a separate script and use RunAs to run that one.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You could try re-execution of your script.  This will run the whole script as a different user.  This will require re-writing your script a bit.  Here is a snippet that will help with the re-execution.  

Global $sUser = "USERNAME"
Global $sPassword = "PASSWORD"
Global $sDomain = "AD"
Global $iLogOnFlag = 0
Global $sParameters = ""

;Run as a different user.
If @UserName <> $sUser Then
    $sParameters = ""
    If Not @Compiled Then
        $sParameters = ' "' & @ScriptFullPath & '"'
    EndIf

If RunAs($sUser, $sDomain, $sPassword, $iLogOnFlag, @AutoItExe & $sParameters) Then
        Exit
    Else
        Exit MsgBox(16 + 262144, "ERROR!", "Unable to run as " & $sUser & ".")
    EndIf
EndIf

;Put rest of the script here.

Adam