Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davedave

listview controlling other controls

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible for a window with a listview control and a couple of hundred listviewitems to modify another window?

for example. I'd like to be able to click on one of the listview items (with full row selected) - and on double click, open a new window in the application [which can then do its usual business of pulling information down for setdata]. As a newbie, I'm not entirely au fey with all this, so any ideas about how to accomplish this would be most appreciated.

I believe you'll need to do a search for what you are looking for, it's been done many times, search for +doubleclick +listview

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Heh, I did all sorts of searches for listview and listviewitem topics, to no avail. Somehow I managed to overlook the one you suggested. Thanks very much!

Just so this topic is not entirely useless - should anyone else stumble across it looking for similar details, this topic on doubleclick & the listview control helped me figure it out.