#include <File.au3>

Global $file = "filenamectt.txt"
FileOpen($file, 0)

For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
    Global $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
;msgbox(0,'', $line)
Next
FileClose($file)
 Global $aDays = StringSplit($line, "::")
Global $fileName = $aDays[1]
;Local $aCmdLine = _WinAPI_CommandLineToArgv($CmdLineRaw)
WinActivate($fileName)
;MsgBox (0,"Details",$fileName)
Send("^c")

I used above code to activate my document. It working fine when I run from AutoIt editor, fine when I execute from CMD. When I try to run from my Java project as 

public void run_getPDFClipPdf1b() {
        try {
          //  Runtime.getRuntime().exec("C:\\project\\autoit\\PDF_Clip_PDFParam.exe "+param1+"");
           Runtime.getRuntime().exec("exe\\PDF_Clip_PDFParam_2.exe");
           // System.out.println("thread is running...");
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

it shows error like image below:

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 6.22.00 PM.png

Please advice where I did wrong. 

Edited by tauruzian

BrewManNH

Declare the $line variable outside of (before) the For loop. _FileCountLines needs a path and file name, you're passing it a file handle which won't work with that function.

Also, $line will only contalin the last read line of the file the way you have it set up, if that's what you're looking for, that's fine, but just be aware.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Spartan117
      By Spartan117
      Hi everyone,
      I am wondering if is there any autoit function that make the program ignore errors and move on and resume correct lines?
      Thank you
    • California
      By California
      Hello,
      I wrote a benchmark script to measure variable declarations
      to find out whether you should focus more on static or global variables
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.5 #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #Region Pre-Setting Local $iTally1 = 0 Local $iTally2 = 0 Local $iTally3 = 0 Local $iTally4 = 0 Local $iTally5 = 0 Local $iTally6 = 0 Local $iTally7 = 0 Global $GLOBALCONST1 = 1 Global $GLOBALCONST2 = 1 Global $GLOBALCONST3 = 1 Global $GLOBALCONST4 = 1 Global $GLOBALCONST5 = 1 #EndRegion Pre-Setting #Region Test Functions Func s1() Static $i = $GLOBALCONST1 Return $i EndFunc Func g2() Return $GLOBALCONST2 EndFunc Func g3() Static $i7 = "gsdgdfegbgbrwefw" Return $GLOBALCONST3 EndFunc Func g4() Static $i1 = 1 Static $i2 = "asd" Static $i3 = 234 Static $i4 = True Static $i5 = [0] Static $i6 = "hgsdg" Static $i7 = 1 Static $i8 = 1 Static $i9 = 1 Static $i0 = 1 Return $GLOBALCONST4 EndFunc Func g5() Local $i = $GLOBALCONST5 Return $i EndFunc Func g6() Local $i = 1 Return $i EndFunc Func g7() Return 1 EndFunc #EndRegion Test Functions #Region Benchmark Loop For $i = 0 To 15 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally1 += s1() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally2 += g2() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally3 += g3() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally4 += g4() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally5 += g5() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally6 += g6() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Local $tDelta = TimerInit() Do $iTally7 += g7() Until TimerDiff($tDelta) >= 1000 Next #EndRegion Benchmark Loop ConsoleWrite(@CRLF&"Static1: "&$iTally1&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Global2: "&$iTally2&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Global3: "&$iTally3&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Global4: "&$iTally4&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Local5: "&$iTally5&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Local6: "&$iTally6&" pkt"&@CRLF&"Hardcode7:"&$iTally7&" pkt"&@CRLF) #cs Result Static1: 10291881 pkt global to static Global2: 13977324 pkt only global Global3: 9886169 pkt global and static Global4: 2933051 pkt global and many statics Local5: 9937314 pkt global to local Local6: 10306484 pkt only local Hardcode7: 14835319 pkt no variable #ce Result:
      100% no variable, hardcore value
      94% only global variable use
      69% only local variable use with hardcore value set
      69% only static variable use with global variable value set
      67% declaration of local variable with global variable value set
      66% only global variable use with one static variable beside
      20% only global variable use with ten static variables beside
      My thesis of the result:
      Be careful with declarations, whether local, global or static Note: in my test the global variable performance was better than the local one, but in practice the global one would lose performance due to multiple operations

What is your best practice sharing data between multiple functions?
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I have a question please
      Can we customize error messages in autoit script?
      I mean internal error messages
      for example
      AutoIt Error
      Line 4  (File "D:\my projects\NVDA Manager\New AutoIt v3
      Script.au3"):
      $script[1] = 1
      $script^ ERROR
      Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable.
      For example, I want to customize this message
      Is this possible?
      am waiting for your answers
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I'm trying to make a program that can look at a folder directory, find all the CSV files, and then add the data from CSV's to an array. 
      The problem I seem to be running into is on the 2nd iteration (2nd file) when the script will not create an array. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance

#include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $MasterArray RefineData() Func RefineData() Local $i, $filenum, $file, $csvArray, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir $fileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFilePath, "*.csv", 1) ;Create and array of all .csv files within folder ;=====Loop through the .csv files within the folder====== For $filenum = 1 To UBound($fileList) - 1 Step 1 $file = $fileList[$filenum] $sFilePath = $sFilePath & "\" & $file ;=====Create array based on csv file===== _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $csvArray, $FRTA_NOCOUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($csvArray,"File: " & $filenum) If $filenum = 1 Then $MasterArray = $csvArray _ArrayDisplay($MasterArray, "Master") Else $MasterArray = _ArrayColInsert($MasterArray, UBound($MasterArray)) ;want column added at end For $i = 0 To UBound($MasterArray)-1 Step 1 $MasterArray[$i][UBound($MasterArray) - 1] = $csvArray[$i][4] Next _ArrayDisplay($MasterArray, "Master") EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>RefineData  
    • ur
      By ur
      In the autoit file, if we add multiple libraries (both internal and custom created one)

When we compile the code and run the exe, some time we are getting runtime errors.
      But the line number of error is not showing the exact line number, might be it is including the line number count of libraries also.
      Can you please suggest how to get the exact error line number.
      So, it will be useful for debugging.