Sign in to follow this  
Keithw

Error when trying to create a remote COM object

Keithw

I'm trying to create a remote object using the example script on the ObjCreate function reference page:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

;Open the MediaPlayer ona REMOTE computer

Local $oRemoteMedia = ObjCreate("WMPlayer.OCX", "W2RATD5NGK32", "W2RATD5NGK32\administrator", "Win7Pilot")

If Not @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Remote ObjCreate Test", "ObjCreate() of a remote Mediaplayer Object successful !")
    $oRemoteMedia.openPlayer(@WindowsDir & "\media\tada.wav")  ; Play sound if file is present
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Remote ObjCreate Test", "Failed to open remote Object.  Error code: " & Hex(@error, 8))
EndIf

The message returns:  Failed to open remote Object.  Error Code:  80004002 

I've tried researching this error but haven't found any useful info.  All I know are these requirements below and I know for sure that the services are running, and the script is being executed as x64 with admin rights.

• The user running the script must have the appropriate permissions.
  • The Object on the remote computer must support DCOM (Distributed COM)
  • The remote computer must have 'Remote Registry Service' and 'File and Printer sharing' services running.

I'm now at a dead end and not sure how to further troubleshoot this error.  Also, the script runs fine when I use my own hostname.  Any ideas? 

Edited by Keithw

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      ; NetFirewallPolicy2 COM UDF Library for AutoIt3
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5
      ; Description ...: Windows Firewall Policy2 Interface, Provides access to the firewall policy for Windows Vista+
      Including Test Script 
      _NetFw_Get_CurrentProfileTypes                           Retrieves the currently active firewall profile(s) _NetFw_Get_FirewallEnabled                               Indicates whether a firewall is enabled locally _NetFw_Put_FirewallEnabled                               Specifies whether a firewall is enabled locally _NetFw_Get_ExcludedInterfaces                            Indicates a list of interfaces on which firewall settings are excluded _NetFw_Put_ExcludedInterfaces                            Specifies a list of interfaces on which firewall settings are excluded _NetFw_Get_BlockAllInboundTraffic                        Indicates whether the firewall should not allow inbound traffic _NetFw_Put_BlockAllInboundTraffic                        Specifies whether the firewall should not allow inbound traffic _NetFw_Get_NotificationsDisabled                         Indicates whether interactive firewall notifications are disabled _NetFw_Put_NotificationsDisabled                         Specifies whether interactive firewall notifications are disabled _NetFw_Get_UnicastResponsesToMulticastBroadcastDisabled  Indicates whether the firewall should not allow unicast responses to multicast and broadcast traffic _NetFw_Put_UnicastResponsesToMulticastBroadcastDisabled  Specifies whether the firewall should not allow unicast responses to multicast and broadcast traffic _NetFw_Get_Rules                                         Retrieves the interface to collection of firewall rules _NetFw_Get_ServiceRestriction                            Retrieves the interface used to access the Windows Service Hardening store _NetFw_EnableRuleGroup                                   Enables or disables a specified group of firewall rules _NetFw_IsRuleGroupEnabled                                Determines whether a specified group of firewall rules are enabled or disabled for the current profile _NetFw_RestoreLocalFirewallDefaults                      Restores the local firewall configuration to its default state _NetFw_Get_DefaultInboundAction                          Indicates the default action for inbound traffic _NetFw_Put_DefaultInboundAction                          Specifies the default action for inbound traffic _NetFw_Get_DefaultOutboundAction                         Indicates the default action for outbound traffic _NetFw_Put_DefaultOutboundAction                         Specifies the default action for outbound traffic _NetFw_Get_IsRuleGroupCurrentlyEnabled                   Determines whether a specified group of firewall rules are enabled or disabled for the current profile _NetFw_Get_LocalPolicyModifyState                        Determines if adding or setting a rule or group of rules will take effect in the current firewall profile  
      UDF:
      Test Script:

• rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      Hi all,
      I've recently be kinda forced into trying to learn OOP within AutoIt. I'm trying to convert XML into objects I guess instead of trying to parse it into arrays within arrays. An example is below:
      <User> <roles> <role>Agent</role> <role>Supervisor</role> </roles> </user>  
      How can I convert this? Would <roles> be $User.Roles? If so would the children be $User.Roles.Role.Agent and $User.Roles.Role.Supervisor?  If not, how do I reference each Object?
        Any assistance would be appreciated. I tried to understand XML.au3 but I'm so confused trying to wrap my head around this.
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      Hi all,
      My work has recently switched from a Win32 based application to a web based application. Thankfully there's an API for me to attach to now but I have a few questions since I'm using Objects now for some parts of my scripts...
      Do I need to run ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1") everytime before any object stuff or can I just run it once at the beginning of my script and reuse it? Is $oHTTP.Open("GET", <url>) followed by $oHTTP.Send() pretty much the same as INetRead and can I use them interchangeably? Do I need to somehow delete the Object after creating it at the end of my script? - Answered by Helpfile Thanks!
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      I was Playing around With AutoIt this evening and wondered how hard it would be to get typeinfo like the COM Viewers do only using AutoIt
      Turns out it was pretty easy.
      A Few Notes:
      CAarray info is unfinished I didn't have any objects to test it on so I left it Limited.
      The Object must have IDispatch exposed (ITypeInfo is derivative)
      Its Just a proof of concept Run with it but don't carry scissors
      ITypeInfoCOM.au3
      ITypeInfoTest.au3

Output IWebBrowserApp

Output ObjCreate(MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1)

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
       IGroupPolicyObject interface
      ;;IGroupPolicyObject #RequireAdmin #include-once #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> ; $S_OK #include <WinAPIReg.au3> ;_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle Global Enum $GPO_SECTION_ROOT = 0x0, $GPO_SECTION_USER, $GPO_SECTION_MACHINE Global Enum $GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY = 0x1, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY Global Enum $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_USER = 0x1, $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_MACHINE Global Enum $GPOTypeLocal = 0x0, $GPOTypeRemote, $GPOTypeDS, $GPOTypeLocalUser, $GPOTypeLocalGroup Global Const $sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject = "{EA502722-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject = "{EA502723-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject = _ "New hresult(wstr;wstr;dword);" & _ ; Creates a new GPO in the Active Directory with the specified display name. "OpenDSGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the specified GPO and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenLocalMachineGPO hresult(dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the computer and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenRemoteMachineGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the specified remote computer and optionally loads the registry information. "Save hResult(bool;bool;ptr;ptr);" & _ ; Saves the specified registry policy settings to disk and updates the revision number of the GPO. "Delete hresult();" & _ ; Deletes the GPO. "GetName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the unique name for the GPO. "GetDisplayName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the display name for the GPO. "SetDisplayName hresult(wstr);" & _ ; Sets the display name for the GPO. "GetPath hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the path to the GPO. "GetDSPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the Active Directory path to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetFileSysPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the file system path (UNC format) to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetRegistryKey hresult(dword;handle);" & _ ; Retrieves a handle to the root of the registry key for the specified GPO section. "GetOptions hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves the options for the GPO. "SetOptions hresult(dword;dword);" & _ ; Sets the options for the GPO. "GetType hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves type information for the GPO being edited. "GetMachineName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the computer name of the remote GPO. "GetPropertySheetPages hresult(ptr;uint*);" ; Retrieves the property sheet pages associated with the GPO. Test() Func Test() Local $iResult Local $oIGroupPolicy Local $aGpoType[5] = ["Local", "Remote", "Active Directory", "LocalUser", "LocalGroup"] $oIGroupPolicy = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject, $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject, $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject) While True If Not IsObj($oIGroupPolicy) Then ConsoleWrite("Failed To Retrieve Interface") $iResult = $E_NOINTERFACE ExitLoop Else ConsoleWrite("Success: " & ObjName($oIGroupPolicy, 1) & @CRLF) EndIf Local $sLoc, $sPath, $sName, $iType $tKey = DllStructCreate("handle hKey") $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.OpenLocalMachineGPO(BitOR($GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetDisplayName($sLoc, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetName($sName, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sLoc & " : " & $sName & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetPath($sPath, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite("Type: " & $aGpoType[$iType] & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetRegistryKey($GPO_SECTION_USER, DllStructGetPtr($tKey)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle(DllStructGetData($tKey, "hKey")) & @CRLF) ExitLoop WEnd Return SetError($iResult, 0, ($iResult = $S_OK)) EndFunc ;==>Test Note: Not well tested..