Sign in to follow this  
snaileater

Limiting moves of a borderless window ...

Hi,

i'm trying to limit the moves of a borderless GUI. i'm on an example taken from Moving and Resizing PopUp GUIs.

I'm using the _SendMessage function so far :

While 1     
    Switch GUIGetMsg()         
    Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN             
    _SendMessage($hGUI, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0)   
    EndSwitch
Wend

I would like to add some constrain on the X,Y coords of the window (for ex. forbid X exceeding 1000) ...

How could i achieve that ? It Seems to me that i have to follow two events at the same time (EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN + EVENT_MOUSEMOVE) but i'm not sure to be on the right track ...

Could anybody help me ?

Thanks ...

WinGetPos  returns an arry 

$aArray[0] = X position
    $aArray[1] = Y position
    $aArray[2] = Width
    $aArray[3] = Height

if x y exceeds your desired position then reset window to what you want.

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

Hi,

i'm trying to limit the moves of a borderless GUI. i'm on an example taken from Moving and Resizing PopUp GUIs.

I'm using the _SendMessage function so far :

I would like to add some constrain on the X,Y coords of the window (for ex. forbid X exceeding 1000) ...

How could i achieve that ? It Seems to me that i have to follow two events at the same time (EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN + EVENT_MOUSEMOVE) but i'm not sure to be on the right track ...

Could anybody help me ?

Thanks ...

This Limits the x,y co-ordinates

; Original code - martin
#include <GuiconstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <SendMessage.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
Global Const $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012
Local $xlimit = 300, $xlimit2 = 900, $Ylimit = 300, $Ylimit2 = 500
Local $Pos, $mP[1]
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit")

local $hGUI = GUICreate("X", 100, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP)
GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00, $hGUI)
$hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 10, 35, 80, 30)
GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
            _SendMessage($hGUI, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0)
        Case $hButton
            On_Button()
    EndSwitch
    Checkx()
WEnd

Func On_Button()
    MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Button Pressed")
EndFunc   ;==>On_Button

Func On_Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>On_Exit

Func Checkx()
    $Info = GUIGetCursorInfo($hGUI)
    if $Info[2] = 1  then return

$Pos = WinGetPos($hGUI,"") ; x, y, width, height
if $Pos > $xlimit or $Pos < $xlimit2 then
    MsgBox(0,"","Returned")
    return
EndIf

Select

Case $Pos[0] < $xlimit and $Info[2] = 0
        WinMove($hGUI,"",$xlimit,$Pos[1])
        if $Pos[1] < $ylimit Then WinMove($hGUI,"",$Pos[0], $ylimit)
        if $Pos[1] > $ylimit2 Then WinMove($hGUI,"",$Pos[0], $ylimit2)

Case $Pos[0] > $xlimit2 and $Info[2] = 0
        WinMove($hGUI,"",$xlimit2,$Pos[1])

Case $Pos[0] > $xlimit and $Info[2] = 0

EndSelect
EndFunc

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

Thanks for spending some time on my question Reb but your code is not doing what i would like :

Your code allow the user to go out the "restricted area" and then check whether the moved window respect the x,y limitations.

What i would like is a way to force the x,y limitations during the move ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TXTechie
      Hello Everyone,
      I've developed my own GUI using AutoIt and I'm allowing users to minimize the GUI, but I also want to include some kind of timer so that it will automatically restore the GUI after something like 30 minutes or an hour. However, I also want them to be able to manually restore the GUI by clicking the application's icon in the taskbar.
      I've searched through the forums, but I'm not sure how to get started.
      Any ideas or functions to research are appreciated!
      Regards,
      TX Techie
    • By Dan_555
      Hi, here are few functions for the ListBox.
      I have searched the forum, but most of the functions are for listview, so i took one example code from melba23 (clear selection) and
      wrote few more functions. (Because my current project needs them).

These functions work only on a Multi-selection ListBox . 
      Edit: Only 1 function does not work with single selection box.
      The functions do: Clear Selection, Delete Selected items, Invert Selection, Move selected items up and down.
       The example code has 2 Listboxes. The selected items on the left ListBox can be moved up and down. The right Listbox has buttons for the other functions.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $singlesel = 0, $iMsgBoxAnswer = 0 ;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=Yes and No, Icon=Question, Modality=Task Modal $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(8228, "Choose Listbox selecton type", "Yes for single, No for multi selection box") If $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 Then $singlesel = 1 ;Yes Local $BL_1,$BL_2,$BR_1,$BR_2,$BR_3,$BR_4,$BR_5,$BR_6 Global $hForm1 = GUICreate("Listbox test", 349, 287) $LB_1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 6, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) If $singlesel = 1 Then $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) Else $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) $BR_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reverse Sel", 272, 22, 68, 17) EndIf $BL_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 20, 3, 35, 18) $BL_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 60, 3, 35, 18) $BR_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 200, 3, 35, 18) $BR_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 240, 3, 35, 18) $BR_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear Sel", 217, 22, 52, 17) $BR_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", 175, 22, 40, 17) $BR_6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Populate", 290, 3, 50, 18) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) For $x = 0 To 50 If $x <= 10 Then GUICtrlSetData($LB_1, $x & " test", 0) GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $BL_1 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, -1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BL_2 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, 1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BR_1 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, -1) Case $BR_2 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, 1) Case $BR_3 Listbox_ReverseSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_4 Listbox_ClearSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_5 Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($LB_2) Case $BR_6 ;Populate GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, "") ; Clears the listbox For $x = 0 To 50 GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next EndSwitch WEnd ;note $hLB_ID - is the Listbox id Func Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($hLB_ID) Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Get selected items Local $i, $slb = 0, $y, $x If $aSel[0] = 0 Then ;If the array is empty, there is no selection, or it is a single selection listbox For $x = 0 To _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) - 1 $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $x) If $y = True Then $slb = 1 _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $x) ;Perform a delete on single sel. LB ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Loop backwards and delete the selected items _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i]) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems Func Listbox_ClearSelection($hLB_ID) ;Removes the selection from multi and single selection ListBox Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Code from Melba23 - Autoit Forum Local $slb, $x, $y If $aSel[0] = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, -1) $slb = 1 EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], False) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ClearSelection Func Listbox_ReverseSelection($hLB_ID) ;Logically, this function works only on multi-selection listboxes Local $i Local $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) Local $cSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCaretIndex($hLB_ID) ;Save the caret _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 0 To $aCou _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $i, Not (_GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $i))) Next _GUICtrlListBox_SetCaretIndex($hLB_ID, $cSel) ;Restore the caret _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ReverseSelection Func Listbox_ItemMoveUD($hLB_ID, $iDir = -1) ;Listbox_ItemMoveUD - Up/Down Move Multi/Single item in a ListBox ;$iDir: -1 up, 1 down ;Return values -1 nothing to do, 0 nothing moved, >0 performed moves Local $iCur, $iNxt, $aCou, $aSel, $i, $m = 0, $y, $slb = 0 ;Current, next, Count, Selection, loop , movecount $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Put selected items in an array $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) ;Get total item count of the listbox If $aSel[0] = 0 Then $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCurSel($hLB_ID) If $y > -1 Then _ArrayAdd($aSel, $y) $aSel[0] = 1 $slb = 1 EndIf EndIf ;WinSetTitle($hGUI, "", $aSel[0]) ;Debugging info Select Case $iDir = -1 ;Move Up For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) ;Save the selection index - 1 text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) ;Replace the index-1 text with the index text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) ;Replace the selection with the saved var $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m Case $iDir = 1 ;Move Down If $aSel[0] > 0 Then For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next EndIf For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m EndSelect Return -1 EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ItemMoveUD  
    • By Rskm
      Hi, recently i created a GUI for some calculations in AutoIT.  The GUI has 2 tabs and on the first tab, it has few inputboxes where i use to click with mouse and start entering the inputs. i recently made some changes in the position of these textboxes. I made this by changing the autoit code file instead of making changes in KODA. Now i cannot click inside these textboxes with mouse. However, i can use TAB key to cycle through/enter input in these input boxes. what could have made the inputboxes not responding to mouseclicks. thanks
    • By TheDcoder
      Hi everyone,
      I am bit stumped as to why I am not able to set the time in the Date control
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("1953/04/25", 10, 10, 185, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm:ss" GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ; Set time Local $iRet = GUICtrlSetData($idDate, '13:33:37') ConsoleWrite('GUICtrlSetData returned ' & ($iRet = 1 ? 'success' : 'failure') & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example The documentation for GUICtrlSetData clearly mentions that it uses the same format as GUICtrlRead:
      But I get failure
      What gives?
      Thanks for the help in advance!
    • By thedemons
      Introduction
      ImGui is a popular library written by ocornut, it can make awesome user interface based on directx. It is being used by many big apps/games.  The UI is nice and flexible, easy to use because of frame-by-frame drawing. So I decided to convert the entire ImGui library to AutoIt
      At first it's just an experiment, i converted some basic draw functions of imgui, compile to a dll, then using DllCall in autoit to call the functions. I was testing to see how much FPS i can get in autoit, and i was expected a low FPS, since autoit is slow. Suprisingly, the FPS turned out to be so high, it works really fast, even when drawing 1000 buttons at the same time. Features
      More than +270 functions converted from ImGui (compiled dll). Has 90% of the capability of what you can do in C++; Usable ImGuiIO and ImGuiStyle, so you can set whatever configurations you like. Preview

Usage
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include "ImGui.au3" ; Create a window Local $hwnd = _ImGui_GUICreate("AutoIt ImGui", 1024, 768) _WinAPI_ShowWindow($hwnd) ; Set style color _ImGui_StyleColorsLight() ;~ _ImGui_StyleColorsDark() Local $f_value = 5 While 1 ; when the user click close button on the window, this will return false if Not _ImGui_PeekMsg() Then Exit ; must call _ImGui_BeginFrame() _ImGui_Begin("Another window") _ImGui_Text("Hello there..") If _ImGui_Button("click me") Then $f_value = 5 _ImGui_SliderFloat("slider", $f_value, 2, 20) If _ImGui_IsItemHovered() Then _ImGui_ToolTip("what r u doing?") _ImGui_End() ; must call _ImGui_EndFrame() Wend  
      Remark
      Most of the functions were converted automatically. I haven't tested all of them yet, if some function doesn't work for you, please tell me. Still missing some features of ImGui, please tell me if you needed any. Run \tools\imgui-au3-setup.au3 to add _ImGui functions to SciTE auto-complete. Source Code
      Require: DirectX GitHub: imgui-autoit