Apps allowed by default in windows 10 firewall

JohnOne

Cannot find anything about what these are among others.

AIUoyn Router
App Connector
Cast to device functionality

Any ideas besides speculation?

EDIT: brand new fresh installation.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

No clue on the Router one

I have yet to hear any more about App Connector, beyond a vague response of: an "API Apps" that can connect to a wide array of data services applications and perform several Actions on behalf of the authenticated user."

Cast to Device was called Play To in Windows 8.1. It was billed as a ChromeCast killer, but never really took off to my knowledge. I think it works with a small subset of HDTVs.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

You must mean AllJoyn, as in the AllJoyn Router Service (off by default if anyone is wondering). Plenty of results on Google.

https://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/AllJoyn.htm

What is AllJoyn?

Driven by the AllSeen Alliance, AllJoyn is an open-source, proximity-based connectivity and services framework. Specifically designed for the Internet of Things (IoT), it enables interoperability such that various devices can discover, connect, and communicate with each other directly, without the need for an intermediary server.

The service is on or an opening in the firewall? I mean the first. I don't see it on the firewall on my computer (might be because I updated from win8?)

Sorry, I was not clear, the app is allowed in firewall by default. My problem was I had no idea what it was, but of course I was searching for something that probably does not exist.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I just grabbed the default Firewall settings, via the export option, on both the inbound and outbound rules, from a fresh Windows 10 install, after it was completely updated through 8/18/2015.

Both lists are attached. I didn't see some of the ones that you listed, JohnOne. Maybe this will assist in diagnostics? ^.^

inbound.txt

outbound.txt

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND