Nutster

My Powershell in Windows 10 is using AutoItX

Nutster

When I check the list of commands in the Powershell included with Windows 10, I found Assert-AU3IsAdmin, from the module AutoItX.  Is anybody else getting this, or did Powershell include AutoItX as one of its modules automatically for everybody?  Did you know about this, Jon?

To reproduce, start PowerShell and enter "Help Admin".  I got Assert-AU3IsAdmin which returns 1 if run as admin and 0 if not.  The AU3 in the middle got my attention and I thought to check here.  "Help AU3" gave me a huge list of entries.  Any ideas?

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Nutster

I am willing to admit I was concerned.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PramodR
      By PramodR
      Hello,
      I have to execute below block of code in elevated previllage, as that particular wmic class will work only with admin previlage.
      i am getting out put when i launch autoit as administrator,  but i will not be able to launch autoit as admin in this particular case but my user have admin rights.
      is there any better way i can run those command as administrator.?
      tried below steps:
      i have tried #RequireAdmin but that creates a user prompt  Tried using Runas command but gives error as wrong username or password , stuck with that step.  

• IgImAx
      By IgImAx
      Hi

UPDATED Notes: ===============================================================================
      UPDATED: My main and second questions answered. Here the answers:
      To add/access WinMenuSelectItem you need to [Thanks to Fernando_Marinho]: Add AutoItX.Dotnet in Manage NuGet Packages Right Click in your Project -> Add -> Reference... -> COM ( Type Libraries )than, check the option AutoItX3 1.0 Type Library  using AutoItX3Lib; AutoItX3 au3 = new AutoItX3(); au3.WinMenuSelectItem("", ...) My full source code in C# exists in 11 posts in below. How to access those overloaded methods in AutoitX3 that are not accessible via above method!? Or how to fix AutoitX3 DLL Registration need in target computers without Autoit pre-installed on them!? Please check my post at 14 posts below!
      =============================================================================== Original Post:

I was writing a small app in Autoit to close µTorrent app. It was working. Then I try to import AutoItX into C#, but unfortunately this method
      WinMenuSelectItem Couldn't find by IntelliSense and If I typed completely it still give me this message:
      Please check the image. I Google it and I found this QA at stackoverflow: Autoit error within C# application I saw they use this line:
      au = new AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3Class(); I figure it how to add 'AutoItX3Lib' to project (by adding 'AutoItX3.dll' to reference) but again! When I use this line:
      var au = new AutoItX3Class(); I got this error message: Interop type 'AutoItX3Class' cannot be embedded. Use the applicable interface instead.
      My system info:
      Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise - v15.5.4
      X64 Windows 10 Enterprise 1607
      Thanks in advanced
      IgImAx

• dwaynek
      By dwaynek
      traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
      here's a simple script i used:
      TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
      i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
    • antonioj84
      By antonioj84
      Hi all to the forum guru and expert I am trying to  automate this. in the registry  I have the network profile name network 2 and network   I want to  change their  CATEGORY  to Private .  Can someone lead me in the right direction.
      Private is 1 and Public is 0
      #RequireAdmin Global $sHKLMRoot = @OSArch = "x64" ? "HKLM64" : "HKLM" RegWrite($sHKLMRoot &"\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\NewNetworks" ,'/v NetworkList /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 00000000 /f') see  attached picture below
      Much appreaciate