Exit

How to switch user ?

6 posts in this topic

No luck in using search for switch user.

I have two user accounts on a Win10 64bit PC and want to easily switch from one user to the other by a desktop Icon.

I found a solution here , but it uses shutdown restart with registry tweaks.

Is there a way to just Logout/Login ? Any ideas ?

I will code myself, but some pointers are welcome. :)

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

Windows key + L might get you started.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Send() function does not accept WIN+L

See my script:

; SwitchUser  (work in progress)

Send("#l")  ; does NOT open "switch user" window, but types "l" at the current cursor location.

; Place cursor here -->  <-- and press F5

_WinAPI_LockWorkStation() can be used instead if #l, but this won't allow you to automate the user login.

A way could be to apply an autologon (with autologon.exe : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963905.aspx), but it requires a reboot to be effective.

_WinAPI_LockWorkStation() can be used instead if #l, but this won't allow you to automate the user login.

Confirmed. :(

A way could be to apply an autologon (with autologon.exe : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963905.aspx), but it requires a reboot to be effective.

That is the same as my reference in first post.

But I would like to preserve my first session and switch to the other session. And vice versa.
Btw, this would be much faster than rebooting.

Any ideas ?

Exit,

I found this using "switch user programmatically win7" from Google.  Hope it helps.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• VIP
      By VIP
      I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
      I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
      But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.
      Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning guys
      How are you? Hope you're fine
      I'm doing some field checking...
      Can you suggest me something? Something like: If the user doesn't prompt anything in a field, MsgBox and focus on the "blank" field, else, keep up with the script.
      I thought on a nested If...Else, but I have something like 10+ edit to control...
      Thanks guys! 
      EDIT:
      And I would like to know either how to retrieve all listview item ( 2 columns ) from a ListView...
      Column A|Column B
      abcd         | 1234
      bcda         | 1432
      How can I retrieve an array with abcd|1234|bcda|1432 ?
      Thanks  

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this code?
      I'm trying to take user input and then run a function with the same name, but it's not calling the function.
      So in the below after pressing Shift+F8 I would enter the text (without quotes) "testFunc".
      As you can see I've also tried this with IF statements, I'm new to using Switch/Case.
      HotKeySet("+{F8}", RunManually) Func RunManually() ;Use a case statement with 1 hot key and an InputBox to manually run functions $funcName = InputBox("Which Func to Run?", "Enter the name of the function to run") MsgBox(0, "Entered value", $funcName) ;If $funcName = testFunc Then testFunc() ;If $funcName = test2Func Then test2Func() Switch $funcName Case testFunc MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") testFunc() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") Case test2Func MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") test2Func() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") EndSwitch EndFunc While 1 ;testFunc() Sleep(1000) WEnd Func testFunc() MsgBox(0, "func running", "Seems to work!") EndFunc Func test2Func() MsgBox(0, "func 2 running", "2 Seems to work!") EndFunc Thanks!
    • ur
      By ur
      I have never used switch in AutoIT earlier.

But today, when I started to implement it in my code, I am getting errors.
      So I tried to execute default example, but still getting the same error.

Any suggestions please...
    • SaeidN
      By SaeidN
      Hi,
      I want to tell pixelsearch to search for red color shades in for example 5 different x,y,h,w of the screen. If color red was not found in these 5 area, then do something.
      I wrote this, but it's working only if the first case is not found. Is select a good choice? or it's better to use switch or if or something else?
      ٍEdit: all "do something"s are same function. (search for red color untill in these 5 areas, it couldnot find red color, then if it couldn't find red color, perform that 1 function)
      Thanks
      Select Case 1 $color1 = PixelSearch(67, 614, 77, 617, 0xE62121, 10) If @error Then do something... EndIf Case 2 $color2 = PixelSearch(165, 614, 175, 617, 0xE62121, 10) If @error Then do something... EndIf Case 3 $color3 = PixelSearch(265, 614, 275, 617, 0xE62121, 10) If @error Then do something... EndIf Case 4 $color4 = PixelSearch(365, 614, 375, 617, 0xE62121, 10) If @error Then do something... EndIf Case 5 $color5 = PixelSearch(465, 614, 475, 617, 0xE62121, 10) If @error Then do something... EndIf EndSelect