BobSherman

IE.au3 Error When Submitting Simple Form

I am attempting to enter the logon ID and password into the form below and submit it.

But, I am experiencing an error in IE.au3 whether I use _IEAction to submit a click (which does submit the form) or _IEFormSubmit (which does not submit the form before it errors out).

The form seems rather simple:

<form method="post" action="logon_submit.php">
                       <input type="hidden" name="visit" value="sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" cellspacing="0">
                    <tr>
                      <td valign=top><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Username: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td width="80%"><input type="TEXT" name="user" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Password: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td><input type="password" name="pass" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit Form">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><a href="resetpw.php?visit=sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH" class=white>Forgot your password ?</a></td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                          <p>&nbsp;</p>
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                  </table>
                </form>

My function to perform the logon is:

Func StartUp()
   _IELinkClickByText ( $oIE, "Log On" )
   Sleep(2000)
   Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE)
   Local $iNumberOfForms = @extended

For $iForm = 0 To $iNumberOfForms - 1
     $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, $iForm)

Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm)

Local $iNumberOfFormElements = @extended

For $iElement = 0 to $iNumberOfFormElements - 1
         Local $oFormElement = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, $iElement )
         If $oFormElement.name = 'user' Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oformElement, "xxxxx", 0)
         elseif $oFormElement.name = "pass" Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oFormElement, "yyyyy", 0)
            ; Sleep for 2 seconds.
            Sleep(2000)
            Local $oSubmit = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Submit")
            _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
            Sleep(3000)
         EndIf
      Next
   Next
EndFunc

After the submission of the form completes and goes to the next page I'm getting the following error as a popup from AutoIt:

Line 970 (File "D\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"):
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject.elements.length
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject^ ERROR
Error: The requested actions with this object has failed.

It's hard to imagine that such a simple form is causing so many problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

That line number is located inside the function _IEFormElementGetCollection. Your code calls this function multiple times. Have you determined which call is generating the error?

I suspect it's the initial one, but can't tell from your post. Suggest that you add some error checking for each call to the IE functions.

Thanks Danp2.

It was simply a dumb mistake.

I found that i submitted the form after filling in the 3'rd input element. This moved on to the next page.

But, the loop continued to examine the 4'th element which no longer existed.This caused the error.

So, I added an "Exitloop 2" statement after the final sleep which worked to get out of the two For loops.

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Seminko
      Hey there,
      below function returns an "object collection" (not sure if that's the correct term) of 'a' elements grabbed from within //*[@id="J_DetailMeta"].
      However, I need the returned collection not to include objects with 'aria-disabled = true'. Is there a way of removing specific objects from such a collection?
      Func GetObjectList($sPicker) $oDetailMeta = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "J_DetailMeta") If Not @error Then $tags = $oDetailMeta.GetElementsByTagName("ul") For $tag in $tags $data_ID_value = $tag.GetAttribute("data-property") If $sPicker = "color" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Or $data_ID_value = "????" Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf ElseIf $sPicker = "network" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf ElseIf $sPicker = "storage" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf EndIf Next EndIf Return $oReturnList EndFunc $oColorList = GetObjectList("color") For $oColor In $oColorList If StringInStr($oColor.GetAttribute("aria-disabled"), "true") <= 0 Then ; remove object from the collection ??? EndIf Next  
    • By BetaLeaf
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By Dwalfware
      Hi Folks
      Can not get my head around this one.
      This function gets the DNS object s
      If you have two DNS entries fine. but if you have only one! Trouble
      $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[0] = Primary DNS
      $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[1] = Secondry DNS not always there. I need a way to return 0 if not there or the IP if its there.
      Or is there a way to tell how many objects there are in the "[?]"
      I'm terrible at WMI errors, thanks for help in advance.
      Func _GETcurrentNICinfo2() $oErrors = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "Error_Handle") Local $DnsSecondry Local $objWMIService = ObjGet( "winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\CIMV2" ) Local $query = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT DNSServerSearchOrder FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = " & _GetSelectedNIC(), "WQL", 0x30 ) If @error Then Return 0 If NOT IsObj($query) Then Return 0 Else For $objItem In $query Return $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[1] next Endif EndFunc  
    • By XinYoung
      Hello again 
      I need to click this Submit button, but it's in a lightbox and has no ID (i think) and I can't figure out a way to target it. _IEFormSubmit doesn't work.

Thank you
    • By careca
      Hi, i feel im close to getting it to work, but there must be something im missing that's probably easy for you experts.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $Visible = 1 Local $oIE $oIE = _IECreate("https://beemp3s.net/mp3-download.html", 0, $Visible, 1, 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) If $oIE <> @error Then ;_ArrayText() _QuerySite('Finding Hope - Without You') ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not create a new window') EndIf ;============================================================================= Func _QuerySite($Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToSearch = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'query') _IEDocInsertText($oIE_ObjectToSearch, $Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "search-action") _IEAction($oIE_ObjectToClick, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oSubmitClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "col-md-12") _IEAction($oSubmitClick, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oBtn In $oBtns If String($oBtn.classname) = "col-md-12" Then If String($oBtn.innertext) = "Download / Play" Then ConsoleWrite($oBtn.innertext & @CRLF) _IEAction($oBtn, 'click') EndIf EndIf Next ;============================================================================= ;Local $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) ;For $oElement In $oElements ; If $oElement.id Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Element Info", "Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement.innerText) ;Next ;============================================================================= ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit ;============================================================================= EndFunc ;==>_QuerySite ;============================================================================= Func _ArrayText() If FileExists('Titles.txt') Then Local $FO = FileOpen('Titles.txt') Local $R2A = FileReadToArray($FO) Local $iLineCount = @extended FileClose($FO) For $f = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ConsoleWrite($f & ' - ' & $R2A[$f] & @CRLF) _QuerySite($R2A[$f]) Next Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not find the file Titles.txt') EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ArrayText ;============================================================================= The idea is to get into this site, write into the search and click, which i did, but now the problem is clicking in any of the buttons in the results page, im looking for a way to click the first one, it always matches to what i want, so no need to fiddle around.
      Site
      Thanks for help in advance.