BobSherman

IE.au3 Error When Submitting Simple Form

3 posts in this topic

I am attempting to enter the logon ID and password into the form below and submit it.

But, I am experiencing an error in IE.au3 whether I use _IEAction to submit a click (which does submit the form) or _IEFormSubmit (which does not submit the form before it errors out).

The form seems rather simple:

<form method="post" action="logon_submit.php">
                       <input type="hidden" name="visit" value="sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" cellspacing="0">
                    <tr>
                      <td valign=top><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Username: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td width="80%"><input type="TEXT" name="user" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Password: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td><input type="password" name="pass" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit Form">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><a href="resetpw.php?visit=sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH" class=white>Forgot your password ?</a></td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                          <p>&nbsp;</p>
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                  </table>
                </form>

My function to perform the logon is:

Func StartUp()
   _IELinkClickByText ( $oIE, "Log On" )
   Sleep(2000)
   Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE)
   Local $iNumberOfForms = @extended

For $iForm = 0 To $iNumberOfForms - 1
     $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, $iForm)

Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm)

Local $iNumberOfFormElements = @extended

For $iElement = 0 to $iNumberOfFormElements - 1
         Local $oFormElement = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, $iElement )
         If $oFormElement.name = 'user' Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oformElement, "xxxxx", 0)
         elseif $oFormElement.name = "pass" Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oFormElement, "yyyyy", 0)
            ; Sleep for 2 seconds.
            Sleep(2000)
            Local $oSubmit = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Submit")
            _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
            Sleep(3000)
         EndIf
      Next
   Next
EndFunc

After the submission of the form completes and goes to the next page I'm getting the following error as a popup from AutoIt:

Line 970 (File "D\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"):
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject.elements.length
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject^ ERROR
Error: The requested actions with this object has failed.

It's hard to imagine that such a simple form is causing so many problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

That line number is located inside the function _IEFormElementGetCollection. Your code calls this function multiple times. Have you determined which call is generating the error?

I suspect it's the initial one, but can't tell from your post. Suggest that you add some error checking for each call to the IE functions.

Thanks Danp2.

It was simply a dumb mistake.

I found that i submitted the form after filling in the 3'rd input element. This moved on to the next page.

But, the loop continued to examine the 4'th element which no longer existed.This caused the error.

So, I added an "Exitloop 2" statement after the final sleep which worked to get out of the two For loops.

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tippex
      By Tippex
      I have a problem trying to use _IEAttach to recover control after a Windows Explorer reset (e.g. on Windows 7), since all the 
      InternetExplorer.Application objects appear to be destroyed by this event. An example of this is when a PC has some kind of fault causing a pop-up error message "Windows Explorer has stopped working". I can simulate this event by using Windows Task Manager to end the Explorer.exe process then to file, new task (run...) Explorer.exe
      After this event, _IEAttach gives an @error of: 
      7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) - No Match
      However, using WinList() followed by WinGetText() I can recover the URL for an IE session that has lost its 
      InternetExplorer.Application object which could be used to _IECreate a new session (the $iTryAttach fails) and WinKill() the original session but the result is a if a refresh had been done (any form entries are lost) . Unfortunately form entries do not appear as text or hidden text to Windows so I'm looking for the best way to read the contents of an Internet Explorer screen (even if just text without structure). 
      When there is no InternetExplorer.Application object (because of some Windows fault) but still with an Internet Explorer session running, I tried to read its contents by a "Select All" & "Copy to Clipboard" but its form entries are blanked and combo boxes choices are all displayed with no way of finding out which ones were selected.
      Local $ClipBoardSave = _ClipBoard_GetData() ;not ClipGet() which is text only ClipPut("") ;Clear User's Clipboard Local $sText = "" Local $hWnd = WinActivate("Window Title", "") If IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Local $bStatusCtrlSend = ControlSend("Window Title", "", "", "^a^c") If $bStatusCtrlSend Then Local $bStatusCtrlClick = ControlClick("Window Title", "", "") If $bStatusCtrlClick Then $sText = ClipGet() _ClipBoard_SetData($ClipBoardSave) ;not ClipPut($ClipBoardSave) which is text only  
      Is  there a solution to this please?
    • nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • Tippex
      By Tippex
      I'm having a problem with _IEBodyReadText() which is a function from the IE.au3 UDF include.
      My problem is that randomly it will crash my script with:
      Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText) Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body^ ERROR I don't know why the error isn't caught by __IEErrorHandlerRegister but looking at this function, I can see that there is a check done by IsObj($oObject) to ensure that the object "$oObject" exists but no check that it contains the property "innerText"
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Author ........: Dale Hohm ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IEBodyReadText(ByRef $oObject) If Not IsObj($oObject) Then __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType") Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType, 1, 0) EndIf If Not __IEIsObjType($oObject, "browserdom") Then __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType", "Expected document element") Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType, 1, 0) EndIf ; Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText) EndFunc ;==>_IEBodyReadText I'm struggling to find out how to test if "$oObject.document.body.innerText" exists before allowing the following Return statement to reference it with the assumption that it does exist (crashing my script when it doesn't).
      Any ideas please?
    • argumentum
      By argumentum
      UDF to intercept the error window of AutoIt, showing more details about the error, including ability to save and send by email!
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I get this error, Whenever I try to find a date. Does anyone have any idea why? I saw some post from 2015, However I would imagine this is fixed by now. @water
      >"J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\Call Report Automation.au3"     "J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR >Exit code: 1    Time: 5.791 #include <Excel.au3> Global $sExcelFile1 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsm)") Global $sExcelFile2 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "Excel Sheet (*.xlsx;*.xls)|All (*.*)") If FileExists($sExcelFile2) Then Global $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2,$sExcelFile2) EndIF If FileExists($sExcelFile1) Then Global $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1,$sExcelFile1,Default,Default,"2007") EndIF $oRead = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"A2",3) _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7") Sleep (1000) _Excel_RangeFind ($oExcel1,$oRead,"E4:FD92") MsgBox (0,"Test",$oRead) UPDATE:
      If I take out this line it works. By works I mean I don't get the error. :/  However, I need it. I am just confused.
      _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7")  
      UPDATE 2: I also get this error when trying to use the helpfile examples. I have version 3.3.14.2
      \AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (670) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oSheet = $oWorkbook.Sheets($iIndexSheets) $oSheet = $oWorkbook^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 0.8931