BobSherman

IE.au3 Error When Submitting Simple Form

BobSherman

I am attempting to enter the logon ID and password into the form below and submit it.

But, I am experiencing an error in IE.au3 whether I use _IEAction to submit a click (which does submit the form) or _IEFormSubmit (which does not submit the form before it errors out).

The form seems rather simple:

<form method="post" action="logon_submit.php">
                       <input type="hidden" name="visit" value="sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" cellspacing="0">
                    <tr>
                      <td valign=top><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Username: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td width="80%"><input type="TEXT" name="user" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right"><b>Password: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                            <td><input type="password" name="pass" style="width: 90%;">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit Form">
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><a href="resetpw.php?visit=sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH" class=white>Forgot your password ?</a></td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                          <p>&nbsp;</p>
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                  </table>
                </form>

My function to perform the logon is:

Func StartUp()
   _IELinkClickByText ( $oIE, "Log On" )
   Sleep(2000)
   Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE)
   Local $iNumberOfForms = @extended

For $iForm = 0 To $iNumberOfForms - 1
     $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, $iForm)

Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm)

Local $iNumberOfFormElements = @extended

For $iElement = 0 to $iNumberOfFormElements - 1
         Local $oFormElement = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, $iElement )
         If $oFormElement.name = 'user' Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oformElement, "xxxxx", 0)
         elseif $oFormElement.name = "pass" Then
            _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oFormElement, "yyyyy", 0)
            ; Sleep for 2 seconds.
            Sleep(2000)
            Local $oSubmit = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Submit")
            _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
            Sleep(3000)
         EndIf
      Next
   Next
EndFunc

After the submission of the form completes and goes to the next page I'm getting the following error as a popup from AutoIt:

Line 970 (File "D\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"):
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject.elements.length
Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject^ ERROR
Error: The requested actions with this object has failed.

It's hard to imagine that such a simple form is causing so many problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Danp2

That line number is located inside the function _IEFormElementGetCollection. Your code calls this function multiple times. Have you determined which call is generating the error?

I suspect it's the initial one, but can't tell from your post. Suggest that you add some error checking for each call to the IE functions.

BobSherman

Thanks Danp2.

It was simply a dumb mistake.

I found that i submitted the form after filling in the 3'rd input element. This moved on to the next page.

But, the loop continued to examine the 4'th element which no longer existed.This caused the error.

So, I added an "Exitloop 2" statement after the final sleep which worked to get out of the two For loops.

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      Hi, i feel im close to getting it to work, but there must be something im missing that's probably easy for you experts.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $Visible = 1 Local $oIE $oIE = _IECreate("https://beemp3s.net/mp3-download.html", 0, $Visible, 1, 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) If $oIE <> @error Then ;_ArrayText() _QuerySite('Finding Hope - Without You') ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not create a new window') EndIf ;============================================================================= Func _QuerySite($Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToSearch = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'query') _IEDocInsertText($oIE_ObjectToSearch, $Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "search-action") _IEAction($oIE_ObjectToClick, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oSubmitClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "col-md-12") _IEAction($oSubmitClick, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oBtn In $oBtns If String($oBtn.classname) = "col-md-12" Then If String($oBtn.innertext) = "Download / Play" Then ConsoleWrite($oBtn.innertext & @CRLF) _IEAction($oBtn, 'click') EndIf EndIf Next ;============================================================================= ;Local $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) ;For $oElement In $oElements ; If $oElement.id Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Element Info", "Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement.innerText) ;Next ;============================================================================= ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit ;============================================================================= EndFunc ;==>_QuerySite ;============================================================================= Func _ArrayText() If FileExists('Titles.txt') Then Local $FO = FileOpen('Titles.txt') Local $R2A = FileReadToArray($FO) Local $iLineCount = @extended FileClose($FO) For $f = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ConsoleWrite($f & ' - ' & $R2A[$f] & @CRLF) _QuerySite($R2A[$f]) Next Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not find the file Titles.txt') EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ArrayText ;============================================================================= The idea is to get into this site, write into the search and click, which i did, but now the problem is clicking in any of the buttons in the results page, im looking for a way to click the first one, it always matches to what i want, so no need to fiddle around.
      Site
      Thanks for help in advance.

• yoschga
      By yoschga
      is there a possibility to let ie.au3 click into a form? i use on a project where i need to click into a form where items are loaded just writing it in or fill the form is no option

• vati1011
      By vati1011
      Hey, guys.
      Currently, I'm using Opencv UDF and i'm  encountering issues with DLLOPEN(). it is failing and returning -1
      But, I cannot figure out why it is failing.
      I need help from people.
      I'm running windows 10 32bit.
      This's my code.
      #RequireAdmin $fileopen = DllOpen("opencv_core2413.dll") MsgBox(0,"Result",$fileopen) Example.au3opencv_core2413.dll
    • ademon
      By ademon
      Hi. I can not automate the click at a button, because there are three of them exactly in the source page.
      Imagine you have this html source code:
      <div class="submit"><span class="button btnDefault"><span><input type="submit" value="Search" /></span></span></div> How could I select just one element, and do click as an action on it?
      $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//input[@type='submit'][@value='Search']") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'click') That just do not work.
      Any ideas?

• xiantez
      By xiantez
      This script used to work on an older version of AutoIT. Currently I am running AutoIT v3.3.14.5 and it's failing.
      Func PublicIP() ;Post public facing IP address Local $url = 'https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+my+ip&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8' Local $getIPaddress = BinaryToString(InetRead($url)) Local $sStart = 'clamp:2">' Local $sEnd = '</div>' Local $ipaddress = _StringBetween($getIPaddress, $sStart, $sEnd For $i In $ipaddress MsgBox(0, 'External IP', "Your public IP address is " & $i) Next EndFunc ;==>PublicIP The console output shows:
      "C:\Users\user\Documents\AutoIT\Scripts\WSI Tools.au3" (197) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: For $i In $ipaddress For $i In $ipaddress^ ERROR ->14:12:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>14:12:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 9.811