RichardL

Autocomplete is operating in comment blocks.

3 posts in this topic

As I'm typing in comment blocks #cs #ce then autocomplete is operating.  Same on line comments.  think it didn't used to do this, i.e. only autocomplete in code, and that would be much better for me.  I've just updated to SciTE 3.6.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I have "SciTE Version 3.6.0 Aug  4 2015 17:34:27" and it's the full version with the long tools menu.  Now that I've looked at it again, the autocomplete is only partly functioning in comment blocks.  If I type normally, the outline of the autocomplete window flashes briefly for the first few chars of each word (until the word cannot be one of its set of words).  It only functions fully if I type the first two chars of a word in very close succession.  This is tolerable, where in the previous version it was autocompleting all the time making it impossible to type long comments.  (Autocomplete is working normally and perfectly in code sections.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello,
      I try to add a new UDF to my AutoIT library, and it seems I fail. I started to work following the insturctions found on the wiki . 
      I made an extra folder just next to my AutoIT folder, called ExtraUDF, and copied the file CUIAutomation2.au3 in it (I try to use this UDF for automating a program) then I run sciteconfig, set this folder up as User Include Folder, applied the changes, then run the calltip manager and got a msg when I tried to parse it. I attach a few pictures for better present the problem.
      I think I miss something here, should i put anything else on the ExtraUDF folder? I dont think that the CallTip manager added the udf to scite, If I try to run it i get a msg saying that I Scite cant open the include file and naturally after that, It can't use the functions called from it.
      Thank you for your help and insight as always! Please ask, if anything is fuzzy about the problem
       





    • IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      Basically I'm trying to figure out what would be the most efficient means of making multiple use buttons.  What I'd like is to be able to click a button and pop up a msgbox to gather some info, or two message boxes, but upon entering that info and the msgbox dialogue being over, it'll then switch to a different function.  I was thinking of using 1/0 to designate which is true or not, but not sure if that'd be the most efficient way.  Still very new to coding, and autoit, any help would be great!
    • Yash91
      By Yash91
      Hi Experts,
      I want to integrate AutoIT with Eclipse to write my code in java for automating the desktop base application, i have integrate jacob 1.18 and verify the dll's also but i am getting How to fix java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51 issue.
      I am using 32 bit windows xp with java 1.6 version.
      Java 1.7 is unsupported in 32 bit windows xp. is there any solution for the same.
    • AndyS01
      By AndyS01
      I recently installed AutoIt and SciTE4AutoIT and when I edit a file and change the editor's screen position and size, then exit and edit the file again, the editor reverts to the original GUI metrics. My laptop is running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit OS.   I have a laptop with the same software, but 32 bit OS and it  works OK.
    • YashShrivastava
      By YashShrivastava
      Hi Experts,
      I am getting error: _ExcelBookOpen() undefined function in auto IT scite whenever i execute any program using functions.
      i defined the functions name also but this error is not getting resolved.
      _ExcelBookOpen(): undefined function
      _ExcelReadCell():undefined function
      require your inputs to fix this issue. I'm going through the forums and examples, but can't find anything and follow the suggestions but this issue hasn't got resolved.