Getting column name

nick2price

Hi, I am not sure what is possible, but this is my situation.  At the moment I am using AutoIT to Activate a program I have running in my taskbar.  This program is a bit like Excel (but it is not Excel) in that I have columns with rows of data.  Once the program is active, I Send the command to perform Ctrl+M which will create a new row for me.  Through Sending a tab command, I can then enter data for each column within this row.

Now my script at the moment relies on the fact that when a new row is created, it will initially be set to the first column in the row.  This will be true most of the time, but I also want to put a precaution in place in case this is not the case (I dont want to write my name to the project ID column for instance).  Is there any way I can get the column name so I can make sure I am writing to the correct location?

Thanks

Maybe it is possible to send a key to get to a specific position. After that you can send tabs to get to your column.

Not the best solution, but maybe it helps.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Probably not anything easy that works reliably, the best idea I can come up with is try keyboard shortcuts that can achieve the result.  

Example: Does pressing left a few times move you all the way to the left column?  How about things like Shift+Left etc, Home, Page Up.  If you can find a key combo that works just add it as part of a Send() command.