Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ViciousXUSMC

_ReplaceStringInFile() RegEx version?

6 posts in this topic

I was working on something last night and decided to use StringRegExpReplace() for a config file, I never noticed that you cant just "overwrite" the file with the update so easily it required a few more pieces of code to work properly.

Is this the simplest way (what I used) and while I searched for it and did not find it do we have or will we have a RegEx equivalent for _ReplaceStringInFile()?

$sFile = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\test.txt")
$hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\test.txt", 2)
$sNewContent = StringRegExpReplace($sFile, "(test)", "new$1")
FileWrite($hFile, $sNewContent)
FileClose($hFile)

The simplest way IS the current _ReplaceStringInFile() , which uses a StringReplace along with all the needed error checkings and options
Using a regex would not make it simpler  :)

What I am asking is if you need regex, is what I posted above account for the simplest way to accomplish the same task but with regex capability.  

My config file did not have a static string, it has varying length and values so I needed regex to ensure capture/replacement (IP Address + NIC Adapter)

Ah, now I understand  :)
In this case, yes your code seems to be the most proper way... read file, then regex, then write file, could you do it otherwise ?

Just making sure there was not a function I did not know about or some tip/trick.

I did not like the idea of having to run FileRead() and FileOpen() feels redundant.  

It's not redundant !
Did you have a look at the _ReplaceStringInFile func in File.au3 ? if you open a file in read mode (as FileRead does) you must close it and reopen to write inside it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ViciousXUSMC
      By ViciousXUSMC
      So I ran into this crazy "program" that cant be uninstalled via WMI, MSIExec, etc.
      The only way to uninstall it was from Add/Remove programs manually... Or I found if you find it in the registry under HKCU and run the  uninstall string, it will also uninstall.
      However the string in the registry cant be run directly in a cmd window because of the format errors.
      It has spaces without quotations, it has invalid characters, etc, etc 
      I know things run different when executed in the registry, so maybe there is a way I can run the regsitry key just like how the system does?  If so chime in.
      Otherwise I did this a crude way using several stringregexpreplace() functions and have it working.
      The solution feels so barbaric and crude that I wanted to post it so some of you guys better than me can clean up the code, maybe offer alternative ways to do it, or reduce the number of times I process the string.
      Here is the string right out of the registry:
      c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe /Uninstall file:///C:/Users/it022565/AppData/Local/Temp/OOBAXTOWordAddIn/ApplicationXtender.AXTO.Word.vsto Here is my cave man scripting to turn this into a run able string.

Func _UninstallOld() For $i = 1 to 100 ;Enumerate Registry $sEnumBase = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" ;Look in HKCU for the uninstall string for the old version $sEnum = RegEnumKey($sEnumBase, $i) If @Error Then Return If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) If StringInStr(RegRead($sEnumBase & $sEnum, "DisplayName"), "Word Addin") Then ExitLoop Next If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) $sKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $sEnum $sKey2 = RegRead($sKey, "UninstallString") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "Original Install Location", $sKey2) $sKey3 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey2, "(?i)(c:.*exe)", '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey3) $sKey4 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey3, "(?i)file:///", "") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey4) $sKey5 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey4, "%20", " ") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey5) $sKey6 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey5, '(?i)((?<!")c:.*vsto)', '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey6) RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & '"' & $sKey6 & ' /s"', "", @SW_HIDE) EndFunc Basically step by step I add quotations, strip bad characters, etc.  Kind of proud for using look behind for once
      Looking forward to what you guys come up with.
    • tezhihi
      By tezhihi
      I have a file (see attached file) with a string all line and this problem on here is I want to separate all $00:, $03:, $10:, $20:, $25:, $30:, $40:, $45:, $110:, $115:, $120: and $T. It's mean that each $ with value start a new line ( a new paragraph). I tried with Regular Expression in notepad++ ex:
      Find ($00:, $01:, $03: and so on) with regex (\$)([0-9]+): and replace is \r\n\1\2 (I think \r\n is @CRLF (not sure :() ) Find $T with regex (\$T)(.*?)(\$T) and replace is \1\2\r\n\3 When I try these regex to replace in notepad on StringRegexReplace the results is incorrect . I have read some example simple about regex. Please advise me how to do that with some example on autoit . The result will be in attached photo. Thanks 
      ahihi.txt

• MyEarth
      By MyEarth
      Hello, i need to validate a string can be different things. I just need a True - False return value, no groups or things like that. It will be always one line at time to be processed by StringRegEx
      Valid:
      13:52|String
      02:52 XX|String
      13:52~SUN, MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT|String
      02:52 XX~SUN, MON, FRI|String
      22/04/2017 13:52|String
      22/04/2017 02:52 YY|String
      Not Valid
      22/04/2017 13:52~Dom|String
      I need to validate until and inclusively the | after that i don't care
      The XX and YY value are two $sVariable from my script
      SUN, MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT are fixed value, the can be mixed but always in the same order like
      SUN
      SUN, TUE, WED
      SUN, SAT 
      The time can be 12 or 24 hours, the date is always in the same format DD/MM/YYYY. If there is a date can't be a day after that ( see not valid )
      Well i think is all
      Sorry if i don't provide a working code, regex is too way complex.
      Thanks
    • Trong
      By Trong
      Need help to make function better  with full infomation
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> _TEST(@ScriptFullPath) _TEST("A:") _TEST("A:\B.c") _TEST("D:\E\F\") _TEST("G:\H/../J.k/") _TEST("M:\N\k..J.k") _TEST("D:\E\F\..\G\G\I..J.K.M") Func _TEST($sFilePath) Local $sDrive = "", $sFullPathDir = "", $sDirPath = "", $sDirName = "", $sFileName = "", $sFileNameExt = "", $sExtension = "", $sExt = "" Local $aPathSplit = _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sFullPathDir, $sDirPath, $sDirName, $sFileName, $sFileNameExt, $sExtension, $sExt) ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $sFilePath & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $sDrive & @CRLF) ; C: ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sFullPathDir & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sDirPath & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $sDirName & @CRLF) ; etc ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $sFileName & @CRLF) ; hosts ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $sFileNameExt & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $sExtension & @CRLF) ; .exe ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $sExt & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $aPathSplit[0] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $aPathSplit[1] & @CRLF) ; C: ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[2] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[3] & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $aPathSplit[4] & @CRLF) ; etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $aPathSplit[5] & @CRLF) ; hosts ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $aPathSplit[6] & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $aPathSplit[7] & @CRLF) ; .exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $aPathSplit[8] & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aPathSplit, "_PathSplit of " & $sFilePath) EndFunc ;==>_TEST Func _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, ByRef $sDrive, ByRef $sFullPathDir, ByRef $sDirPath, ByRef $sDirName, ByRef $sFileName, ByRef $sFileNameExt, ByRef $sExtension, ByRef $sExt) If StringInStr($sFilePath,"..") Then $sFilePath=_PathFull($sFilePath) Local $aPartOfPath=StringRegExp($sFilePath, "^\h*((?:\\\\\?\\)*(\\\\[^\?\/\\]+|[A-Za-z]:)?(.*[\/\\]\h*)?((?:[^\.\/\\]|(?(?=\.[^\/\\]*\.)\.))*)?([^\/\\]*))$", $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) ;~ If @error Then ReDim $aPartOfPath[9] ;~ $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ;~ EndIf $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe $sDrive = $aPartOfPath[1] ; C: $sFullPathDir = $aPartOfPath[1] & $aPartOfPath[2] ; C:\Windows\System32\etc If StringLeft($aPartOfPath[2], 1) == "/" Then $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\/") Else $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\\") EndIf $aPartOfPath[2] = $sFullPathDir ; C:\Windows\System32\etc $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"\","") $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"/","") $sFileName = $aPartOfPath[3] ; hosts $aPartOfPath[5] = $sFileName ; hosts $sExtension = $aPartOfPath[4] ; .exe $aPartOfPath[7] = $sExtension ; .exe $aPartOfPath[3] = $sDirPath ; \Windows\System32\etc\ $aPartOfPath[4] = $sDirName ; etc $aPartOfPath[6] = $sFileName & $sExtension ; hosts.exe $sFileNameExt = $aPartOfPath[6] ; hosts.exe $sExt = StringReplace($sExtension,".","") ; exe $aPartOfPath[8] = $sExt ; exe Return $aPartOfPath EndFunc ;==>_PathSplitByRef  
    • DavidLago
      By DavidLago
      Hello. 
      I need to list only the folders that has a name composed of numbers only.
      How do I do this?
      OBS: I just posted the relevant content to the folder.
      Global $path = "G:\jobs\" For $i = 1 To $aArray[0] Local $search = FileFindFirstFile($path & $aArray[$i] & "\[0-9]" ) I tried with "\*.*" and it returns me the expected result, but the other doesn't.