Sign in to follow this  
michaelslamet

Execute JavaScript Event using FF.AU3

I'm trying to simulate a click on a button using FireFox (FF.AU3), but no success in these last few days :(

This is the source code of the page:

<a href="#" class="btn btn-sm btn-green" id='superbutton' onclick="kickme(event,'ids11')" > <span class="icon"><i class="super-icon"></i></span> <span id='superbutton'>&nbsp; ClickMe</span> </a>

Tried with no success:

_FFClick("superbutton", "id")
_FFClick("btn btn-sm btn-green", "class", 0)

That "0" index also already replaced by other numbers (in order to do a try and error approach).

The _FFLinkClick result below looks promising:

_FFLinkClick("ClickMe", "text")

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//a[contains(.,'ClickMe')]",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: http://thisistheweb.com/thepage# - {toString: function() {...}, target: "", download: "", ping: "", rel: "", relList: {...}, hreflang: "", ...}
__FFSend: try{FFau3.simulateEvent(FFau3.xpath,'MouseEvents','click');}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: 1

Seems it found the button and click it, but in fact: it doesn't. Or maybe it did click it, but the result is totally different with if I click the button manually.

So...

I'm thinking if I cant simulate a click on the button, I should execute the JavaScript onclick event.

But... how?

Thanks a lot :)

On 20/10/2015 at 7:29 AM, Danp2 said:

Have you tried this?

_FFXPath( "//input[@id='superbutton']")
_FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.onclick()")

Thanks a lot, Danp2 :)

I guess that will work, but finally I got it work perfectly using this code before tried _FFCmd above:

$oInput = _FFXPath('//*[@id="superbutton"]')
Sleep(500)
_FFDispatchEvent($oInput, 'keypress', 13)

Hope it help everyone who face a similiar problem.

Thanks, again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FUD
      hello 
      please i need help 
      i need to open link in default browser only one windows without duplicate if i try to open the same link 

thanks 
    • By mdwerne
      Hello,
      Before Broadcom took over Symantec, I was able to use the following code as the base to scrape daily definition downloads from the web. Since the pages were moved over to the Broadcom web servers, I get a page full of what I believe may be JavaScript instead of the fully rendered page that lies behind it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can read the full rendered webpage using AutoIt?
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE_DEFS = _IECreate("https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=sep14", 0, 0, 1, 1) $sString_DEFS = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_DEFS) MsgBox(0, "https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=sep14", $sString_DEFS) The above code will show the JavaScript, but if you go to the URL in a browser that has JavaScript enabled, you will see the fully rendered page that I would like to access. I hope my question makes sense, and I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working again.
      All the best,
      -Mike
    • By picorico2
      Hi all, 

I´m trying to use the command "WD_LoadWait" because I want to pause the script until the web page fully loads in Firefox but I don´t know how to use it.
      Here´s the full help
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _WD_LoadWait ; Description ...: Wait for a browser page load to complete before returning ; Syntax ........: _WD_LoadWait($sSession[, $iDelay = 0[, $iTimeout = -1[, $sElement = '']]]) ; Parameters ....: $sSession - Session ID from _WDCreateSession ; $iDelay - [optional] Milliseconds to wait before checking status ; $iTimeout - [optional] Period of time to wait before exiting function ; $sElement - [optional] Element ID to confirm DOM invalidation ; Return values .: Success - 1 ; Failure - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero ; Author ........: Dan Pollak ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: No ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _WD_LoadWait($sSession, $iDelay = Default, $iTimeout = Default, $sElement = Default) Local Const $sFuncName = "_WD_LoadWait" Local $iErr, $sResponse, $oJSON, $sReadyState   If $iDelay = Default Then $iDelay = 0 If $iTimeout = Default Then $iTimeout = $_WD_DefaultTimeout If $sElement = Default Then $sElement = ""   If $iDelay Then Sleep($iDelay)   Local $hLoadWaitTimer = TimerInit()   While True If $sElement <> '' Then _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'name')   If $_WD_HTTPRESULT = $HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND Then $sElement = '' Else $sResponse = _WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, 'return document.readyState', '') $iErr = @error   If $iErr Then ExitLoop EndIf   $oJSON = Json_Decode($sResponse) $sReadyState = Json_Get($oJSON, "[value]")   If $sReadyState = 'complete' Then ExitLoop EndIf   If (TimerDiff($hLoadWaitTimer) > $iTimeout) Then $iErr = $_WD_ERROR_Timeout ExitLoop EndIf   Sleep(100) WEnd   If $iErr Then Return SetError(__WD_Error($sFuncName, $iErr, ""), 0, 0) EndIf   Return SetError($_WD_ERROR_Success, 0, 1) EndFunc

Any sugestions or examples?
    • By water
      Internet Explorer is nearly dead, newer versions of Firefox can't any longer be automated using Stilgar's FF UDF.
      Hence more and more users (including me) need to look at automating Webbrowsers using WebDriver.
      That's why I have started to create a tutorial in the wiki.
      It should describe all necessary steps from intallation to usage.

I'm still collecting ideas for the tutorial - that's where you come into play.
      What do you expect to see in such a tutorial?
      Which browsers should be covered (Firefox, Chrome and Edge are settled)? Any questions for the FAQ? Which (high level) coding examples do you expect (like "How to attach to a running browser instance") ... Like to see your comments

ToDo-List:
      Add "Tools" section and add ChroPath plugin. Done. FAQ: "How to attach to a running browser instance". Done. Explain the difference between iuiautomation, iaccessible, autoit, webdriver. Done. The AutoIt FAQ 40 has been extended. Detailed description of each function. Done Example for "how to deal with downloading". Use function _WD_DownloadFile. Example for "how to deal with popups (alerts, print or save dialog). Use function_WD_AlertRespond to respond to a user prompt. Example for "how to deal with multiple tabs". Use functions _WD_NewTab (create a new tab), _WD_Window (close or switch to a tab) and _WD_Attach (attach to existing tab).
    • By Chimp
      Making the integration between AutoIt and the BrowserControl easier may facilitate the development of interesting programs. Just think of all those (fantastic) libraries and frameworks available for javascript that could be integrated and exploited in an AutoIt program. For example, to graphically present the results of an AutoIt processing in the GUI, ... and many other possibilities. Providing the basic functions to implement this synergistic interaction is the purpose of this post (if for no other reason, just even to collect some tests done over time here and there, so as not to leave them scattered and easily find them in just one place)
      In this UDF there are only a few functions (or better if called wrappers), but I hope to add more as I go and, even better, to receive suggestions and advice on new features and techniques to improve and expand it.
      _WebBrowser_GUICtrlCreate Create an Internet Explorer 'Browser Control' _WebBrowser_SetHTML Set a new HTML listing in the BrowserControl _WebBrowser_CSS_Inject Creates into the html document a CSS node element with embedded the passed CSS _WebBrowser_JS_Inject Creates into the html document a javascript node element with embedded the passed javascript _WebBrowser_JS_Eval Evaluates a passed string as JavaScript code and executes it _WebBrowser_JS_setTimeout Calls a javascript function or executes a javascript code snippet [option after a specified delay] _WebBrowser_JS_ElementGetRef Retrieves a reference to an element suitable to be used from AutoIt _WebBrowser_ExecuteDotNotation Get a reference to an object's child member or the value of a property, by means of a dotted path _WebBrowser_BasicHTML Returns a basic html page listing (a little enhanced than about:blank) The three examples provided in the attached ziped file are a bit 'improvised' and do not take advantage of all the possibilities offered by the underlying javascript libraries used. They are just three "hello world" scripts to test the ABC of the interaction with the "BrowserControl".
      (ToDo: Interaction with javascript custom events)
      Bug reports, creative criticisms and suggestions (particularly regarding the interaction with javascript custom events) are welcome
      I hope you can have fun with the Browser Control
      BrowserControl.zip