Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelslamet

Execute JavaScript Event using FF.AU3

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to simulate a click on a button using FireFox (FF.AU3), but no success in these last few days :(

This is the source code of the page:

<a href="#" class="btn btn-sm btn-green" id='superbutton' onclick="kickme(event,'ids11')" > <span class="icon"><i class="super-icon"></i></span> <span id='superbutton'>&nbsp; ClickMe</span> </a>

Tried with no success:

_FFClick("superbutton", "id")
_FFClick("btn btn-sm btn-green", "class", 0)

That "0" index also already replaced by other numbers (in order to do a try and error approach).

The _FFLinkClick result below looks promising:

_FFLinkClick("ClickMe", "text")

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//a[contains(.,'ClickMe')]",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: http://thisistheweb.com/thepage# - {toString: function() {...}, target: "", download: "", ping: "", rel: "", relList: {...}, hreflang: "", ...}
__FFSend: try{FFau3.simulateEvent(FFau3.xpath,'MouseEvents','click');}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: 1

Seems it found the button and click it, but in fact: it doesn't. Or maybe it did click it, but the result is totally different with if I click the button manually.

So...

I'm thinking if I cant simulate a click on the button, I should execute the JavaScript onclick event.

But... how?

Thanks a lot :)

Have you tried this?

_FFXPath( "//input[@id='superbutton']")
_FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.onclick()")

1 person likes this

On 20/10/2015 at 7:29 AM, Danp2 said:

Have you tried this?

_FFXPath( "//input[@id='superbutton']")
_FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.onclick()")

Thanks a lot, Danp2 :)

I guess that will work, but finally I got it work perfectly using this code before tried _FFCmd above:

$oInput = _FFXPath('//*[@id="superbutton"]')
Sleep(500)
_FFDispatchEvent($oInput, 'keypress', 13)

Hope it help everyone who face a similiar problem.

Thanks, again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Marc
      By Marc
      Profiler - yet another backup script for Firefox and Thunderbird profiles
      It automatically detects the last recently used profile directories of Firefox and Thunderbird (installed versions, no portables).
      Clicking the Backup-Button creates a complete Backup of the found profiles with a timestamp.
      Restore deletes the according profile dir and extracts the content of the selected archive into the profile directory.
      Uses Winrar as compression tool, but feel free to change it to your needs
      Best regards
      Marc

Profiler.au3
    • BOUNCER
      By BOUNCER
      I'm trying to get the output data from https://www.guilded.gg but it uses a web app that generates that output on the fly and this doesn't show up in the page source.
      Only in web inspector of each browser does this data show up. How do I read this data in autoit (equivalent to the web inspector)

thank you
    • Patryk
      By Patryk
      Dear Colleagues,
      I have no idea how to refer to style.display in my loop. There is a button like: 
      <input name="ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento" class="button" id="bodyPlaceholder_btnFecharProcessamento" style="display: none;" onclick="FecharJanelaProcessamento();return false;" type="submit" value="Fechar"> I want it to be clicked as soon as button's style change from style="display: none;" to  style= ="display: inline-block;" 
      This is what I got, but it's not working...
      Func GetButtons() $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oForm,"ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento",-1) $i = 0 While $i <> 1 For $oBtn In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oBtn) = "Fechar" And $oBtn.document.style.display = "display: inline-block;" Then $i = 1 _IEAction($oBtn, "focus") _IEAction($oBtn, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next WEnd EndFunc  
      I will really appreciate if you could help me with these loop!
    • Pao
      By Pao
      Hello, I've recently updated from Firefox 50 to 54.0.1.
      My Autoit script that previously worked fine, now seems to have erratic problems.
      It's almost as if some Send() commands are sometimes skipped when dealing with the Firefox UI (it's still mostly fine on the actual pages).

To temporarly fix the problem, I had to put some Sleep(200) pauses and avoid grouping keys together (e.g: TAB 2), but I'm not exactly sure about the correct way to deal with this..
      Could this be caused by the new multiprocess feature? (e10s)
      Are there better Autoit commands or rules that I should use?

• Omnitica
      By Omnitica
      Hello!
      I'm new to the forums! Couldn't find any threads covering this issue. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I'm having problems changing the text/value of a input box. The particular box doesn't have a name or id, just: class="jq_hotkeys_enabled form-control".
      This class appears multiple times throughout the source, so I don't think It's right to reference that object. 
      See image 1.
      However, I've managed to find a object with the name "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" which contains the value of the input box, and the id for the person in the dropdown/combobox left of it. (with "dummy-1" selected).
      See image 2.
      As you can see the value is 3982,4545     ( name , time )
      But when I try to change the value of it by doing:
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach(WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]"),"embedded") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm") Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper") _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337") The box doesn't get its new value. I  can see in the source that it's changed though.
      See image 3.

However, if I do: 
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach(WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]"),"embedded") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm") Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper") _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337") $oIE.document.parentwindow.execScript("theForm.submit()") ; But it needs to reload the page The box gets its new value after the page reloads by the theForm.submit() function. 
      This is a bit unfortunate as I want the changes to happen instantly like when I type in the box with the keyboard... or select in the combobox.
      Maybe someone knows how I can do this? Looking forward to an answer! 
      Thanks in advance.

Note: Unfortunately I can't provide with the real URL as it is constricted to employees in the company I work for, but let me know If I should provide anything else.