Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unity06

Download Gmail emails to TXT files

2 posts in this topic

Hi Forum,

I currently want to write a script that will download the emails from my gmail account and store them on my hard drive in form of text messages. Text file name will have date followed by title of the email and the email body will be the text body. Then I will write my scripts to monitor and inspect emails and post process the data.

Anyone can suggest an easy way to achieve this?

Maybe it has to be done indirectly via first having an email client that tracks my gmail account and downloads emails to hard drive such as Outlook?

Will be very thankful for any suggestions on how to tackle this.

Regards

If you are going to use Outlook as your email client (which it sounds like you're open to) check out OutlookEX UDF in the Examples forum. You can use _OL_ItemSave to save a mail item to a specified path.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.1 build 2017-10-23 beta.7z  (1353 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ
    • ur
      By ur
      We can send mails using SMTP settings in AutoIT.
      But is there anyway to read the mails and start the program if we get the mail with the particular subject.

I mean, I have automated a build process and it starts from windows task scheduler my autoit program at morning 3 AM.
      If it fails in the middle, it will be sent to the dev team guys with the logs as attachment.
      Then I am connecting manually to the remote machine to trigger the task again.
      Is there anyway to start this task once I receive a mail with the specific subject like "start the build" automatically.

• ur
      By ur
      Is there any way to launch an application once I receive an email.
      I have an executable created in autoit and I am running it regularly on daily basis using task scheduler on windows.
      And sometimes I am running it again manually if someone asks to.
      Is there anyway to configure an email so that when I send a mail to that particular email ID then it should launch that exe directly?
    • drorshem
      By drorshem
      Hi,
      I'm looking to create a script which will download all *.txt files from a remote FTP server.
      Once downloaded, delete all *.txt files.

Can this be achieved using AutoIt ?
    • harvester2001
      By harvester2001
      Hi I need your help
      I need download backup from 200 remote pc. I calculate that I can download 20 backups in one time. I need to create loop, take localizations from txt file and start 20 downloads in one time (i want use ShellExecute and robocopy), after finish one from running 20 take another localizations from txt file until localizations finish. And I need trigger if is 7:00 pause script. I hope you know what I mean
      Many thanks for help, sorry for my english.
      This is what I got:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Date.au3> Local $targets = @ScriptDir& "\targets.txt" Local $log_name = "\autoit.log" MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "start copy", 1) Example() Func Example() If Not FileExists($targets) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The file targets.txt - doesn't exist!") Exit EndIf FileOpen($targets, 0) Global $arr[1000] ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($targets)+1] For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($targets) $line = FileReadLine($targets, $i) $arr[$i] = $line ; Check if is online Local $iPing = Ping($arr[$i], 250) If $iPing Then ; ONLINE $rc = FileCopy("\\"&$arr[$i]&"\e$\backup\", @ScriptDir&"\downloads\"&$arr[$i]&"\", $FC_CREATEPATH) If $rc = 0 Then _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & $log_name, $arr[$i]&" ONLINE error") Else _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & $log_name, $arr[$i]&" ONLINE done") EndIf Else ;OFFLINE _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & $log_name, $arr[$i]&" OFFLINE") EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>Example MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Finish downloads backups") Exit