OOP Extender v0.3 Stable - Real object oriented programming with AutoIt

minxomat

• 3 months later...

Hi Minxomat.

It seems that you've made a great job and I am considering to use OOPE in a project I am currently working on. Before I can decide, I have some questions.

Is the 0.3 version stable enough to use it for a software development ?

Is it the relevent version to use: for example do you plan to add a killer-feature soon in a 0.4 or 0.5 version which would make it more interesting to wait for this new version ?

What is the plan for staying compliant with the future versions of AutoIT ?

Thx, and again, great job :)

Pedrit0, calme et tranquille, la tete dans les nuages et la b*** dans le champagne.

@pedrit0,

It seems the OOPE is the most popular project that I maintain. I provide support for OOPE and other projects almost exclusively on GitHub (since I don't actually use AutoIt anymore, I do not visit these forums frequently). My general policy is that I support every project I maintain on GitHub at the best of my abilities.

On 7.5.2016 at 11:58 AM, pedrit0 said:

Is it the relevent version to use: for example do you plan to add a killer-feature soon in a 0.4 or 0.5 version which would make it more interesting to wait for this new version ?

So the answer is a question: Do you need a specific feature? Some features are in preparation but they depend on Beta functionality. I realize the OOPE is not as well documented as it could be :) . If you have an issue or a request, just open a GitHub issue - I don't bite ;) . 

I can only judge the "stable"-ness of OOPE in the context of my own needs and thoughts. I encourage you to use it for whatever you want. Abuse it, hack it, that's the spirit anyway. Then you are very likely to run into bugs. E.g. the macro processor uses lazy parsing and might break on weird code. If that's the case, again, just open a GitHub issue, document your problem and I'll try my best :) .

What is the plan for staying compliant with the future versions of AutoIT ?

*cough*AutoIt*cough*

Well, the same applies here. If through some miracle new features or syntax break version compatibility with AutoIt, open an issue (because it's essentially a bug). I developed OOPE with the then-current beta version (because Maps and stuff) and only dumbed it down a bit to make it work with the stable.

a killer-feature

Well, maybe, if the "bug" (It's a bug for me, I'm sure the AutoIt devs heavily disagree) I mentioned in my LINQ thread is "fixed" so we can indeed call functions by reference from Maps, I just might rework OOPE to include stack-based LINQing. I don't know yet :) , so don't wait for it.

use it for a software development

If you do any kind of development that needs to be stable, you should run automated tests. I didn't create tests for OOPE, so that's you responsibility. AFAIK AppVeyor is a CI that should support AutoIt.

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2015 at 3:47 AM, argumentum said:
+>21:44:52 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\AutoIt-OOP-Extender-0.3\AutoIt-OOP-Extender-0.3\Examples\01 Simple Class.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
!> $oTest wants to be a Test object, but there is no class with that name!
!>21:44:52 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:75
+>21:44:52 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

also, why not place the #include-once on top in OOPE.au3

was problem due to EOL unix format in git. Forked repo and pushed fix here:

https://github.com/cosote/OOPEAu3.git

Cheers - Cosote.

@minxomat Great framework, love it :D !!!

minxomat

minxomat

Edited by cosote

• 5 months later...

Hey Minxomat, 

I would like to submit a feature request so that OOPE will accept field type of string. 
Because as pare : https://github.com/turbo/OOPEAu3/wiki/Creating-a-simple-Class 

"Currently, only double or int64 fields can be created in OOPE. Every field that starts with f will be double and everything else int64." I tested behavior on your "simple class example" changing the parameter from 42 to "forty two", and as expected it did not work. 

So would you be interested to add this feature? Providing you are, than is this change going to be big  that would take months to implement or rather mid /small size that maybe done in weeks or perhaps less? 

Thank you for reading this and i'm looking forward to your answare.   

Kind Regards, Geza 

• 6 months later...

@minxomat

Excellent.

Reading thru the forums I found now three ways to deal with dot syntax (AIO, OOPE, CLR)

This feature would require Maps. As soon as Maps are a thing in the stable, this will be available.

• With CLR.AU3 you have access to the hash arrays and collections of .NET and as such your required maps functionality is available
  • OOPE.au3 can you give a little technical background on what you do?
    Is this from AIO __DllStructCreateProtected ? what is this doing? Creating a COM object just by a memalloc logic?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...