Sign in to follow this  
Guy_

A shortlist of short List questions

Been using GUICtrlCreateList for the first time in the last few days and am wondering for how many currently perceived shortcomings I am still to blame... ;)

Been scanning some of the special settings here and there, but currently still wondering about these...

Even "yes" or "no" can be helpful. More is welcome if it saves me some hours  :)

1) When wanting to hilite a List item with the help of GUICtrlSetData ( $myList, data, $hiliteThisItem ), my impression is that this is not case sensitive? If not, can this be set to be so? [solved, if *not* using $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL only?]

2) Is it possible to have right-clicking an item also immediately making it the active item (highlight it)...?

3) Is manually dragging items for custom sorting possible?

4) While using my scroll wheel inside a List, I've been hearing some beeps, as if it wanted to tell me when I got to the edge of either end. However, it does not seem to work consistently and I don't want these sounds anyway. Are they from AutoIt and can I disable them?

5) Is it possible to multi-select items?  (à la Ctrl-click) [solved with $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL]

6) [non-List question] Is it possible that using the Return key inside a GUICtrlCreateInput field activates a Function?

Thanks for any tips!

Edited by Guy_

5) Is it possible to multi-select items?  (à la Ctrl-click)

www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/141202-simple-gui-with-listbox-and-some-functions/page__view__findpost__p__992976

EDIT: normal link was broken, so link only in TXT way ... (new cripled forum is really hell :-( )

Edited by Zedna

Thanks & sorry..., there *was* a huge oversight on my part... :>

(5) is kinda solved now by including $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL

However...

I had solved (1) by using ...

$_idx = _GUICtrlListBox_FindString ($idList, $newItem, 1) ; find item (case sens.)
_GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel(($idList, $_idx)

But after adding $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL the above scrollTo & hilite code does not work anymore... (and neither does the 'Default' parameter in GUICtrlSetData)

I figured by prepending a "Select none" to the prev. 2 lines it might work again, but it doesn't...

_GUICtrlListBox_SelectString ( $idList, "")

Is that a known limitation, or do I need to unset something else first...?

Edited by Guy_

2) Yes. in the same manner as point 3) if not in other ways.

3) See Drag-and-drop reordering listbox. Note that subclassing is much easier implemented with the four functions SetWindowSubclass, GetWindowSubclass, RemoveWindowSubclass and DefSubclassProc (all implemented in WinAPIShellEx.au3) than with _WinAPI_SetWindowLong.

4) I have never heard beeps when I have used the scrool wheel in a listbox. I think it has something to do with your specific code.

Have you looked at GUICtrlCreateListView and the GuiListView UDF? A listview is an advanced version of a listbox. Because a listview natively supports more functionality than a listbox most of your questions are easier to implement for a listview than for a listbox. Also the forums contains many more questions/answers and code examples for listviews than for listboxes. GUIListViewEx is a very popular example.

6) This can be implemented with GUISetAccelerators.

Edited by LarsJ

Thank you Larsj! Very helpful  :)

Have you looked at GUICtrlCreateListView and the GuiListView UDF?

Just discovered it. When I looked at a Listview example yesterday it reminded me of Excel or _ArrayDisplay() and I was like "No, that's not what I need at the moment." But I will look at the UDF to see if it can be a simple box too.

6) This can be implemented with GUISetAccelerators.

I was figuring as much when running across that after my opening post. Good to have confirmation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By panlatv
      Hello everybody (and sorry for my bad english)

I try to get the position of a contextmenu (GUICtrlCreateContextMenu) on a TreeView, with ControlGetPos, but i can't.
      Someone can help me ? Thank you :)

PS: I need the position to select item wtih rightclick before read the text of the item, because rightclick don't select item (only leftclick).

• By coronatuss
      Hello eveyone,
      I installed the latest version of Autoit (x86 - for greater compatibility) and SciTE.
      Every time I want to generate the GUI code designed in Koda, the program freezes (only Koda, not SciTE).
      Have you ever had this problem? Do you know how to fix it?
      Thanks!
    • By TheAutomator
      I'm working on a script that needs to work with a huge database inside a combobox.
      I'm looking for the best way to link a multidimensional array to that data to load that data on to textfields.

example:
      combo item 0 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 0] [1,0,5,4,87,9,"xyz"]
      combo item 1 = "B", data = [index linked to combo item 1] [1,6,5,4,87,9,"zzz"]
      combo item 3 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 3] [1,6,4,4,87,9,"aaa"] ; yes also double items!
      Would also like to be able to delete and add items on the fly btw..
      Local $INDEX[0][10] ; ubound wil be resized like a stack while loading from a textfile ;inside gui: local $Combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo('...', 10, 10, 290, 25) ;gui loop: While True Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Combo display() ; how do i link my array index to the combo labels to know what to show in the textfields? ; NOTE: (there are duplicate items in the combobox!) EndSwitch WEnd Any toughs are welcome.
      I was thinking about using _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($Combo) and use that integer to refer to the index (dimension 1) of the array 
      Thanks, TheAutomator

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning all.
      first lit me give you all a thinks to your help
      you're help me allot thank you all.
      sirs today i've a new problem
      it's not a problem but thing i want to add it to blind accessability.
      the ListBox can send a notification when the user send a double click on it items
      but as we know that the blind users can't use the mouse for that they use the keybord to navigate.
      as we know that the enter replace the double click on the keybord
      for that i need when the user send a inter above any listBox item the list send a double click notification.
      i know some of you tell me that i can use the  GUISetAccelerators function
      but the enter has a other tasks such as leav a blanc line on edits and activate the defaultButton and other tasks.
      that what i need and i hope that you can help me
      this is a simple example.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StructureConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ListBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $sMESSAGE = "The following buttons have been clicked" GUICreate("My GUI list") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered Local $idButton_Add = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add", 64, 32, 75, 25) Local $idButton_Clear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear", 64, 72, 75, 25) global $idMylist = GUICtrlCreateList("buttons that have been clicked", 176, 32, 121, 97) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 200) ; to limit horizontal scrolling GUICtrlSetData(-1, $sMESSAGE) global $DummyList = GUICtrlCreateDummy() GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, 1) Local $idButton_Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("my closing button", 64, 160, 175, 25) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_command, "WM_command") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idButton_Add GUICtrlSetData($idMylist, "You clicked button No1|") Case $idButton_Clear GUICtrlSetData($idMylist, "") Case $idButton_Close MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "the closing button has been clicked", 2) Exit case $DummyList $g_iTemp = GUICtrlRead($DummyList) if $g_iTemp = $LBN_DBLCLK then ;$LBN_DBLCLK then msgBox(64, "", "") endIf GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, 0) EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>Example Func WM_command($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg Local $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = $lParam $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ; Hi Word Switch $hWndFrom Case GUICtrlGetHandle($idMylist) Switch $iCode Case $LBN_SELCHANGE, $LBN_DBLCLK, $LBN_SELCANCEL, $LBN_SETFOCUS GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyList, $iCode) case else ;GUICtrlSendToDummy($DummyTreeview, 1) EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, i've created a tool to the blind users, this tool helps the blind to listen to a audio effect when moving between the GUIs controls on they computers
      where this tool can get the class for the current focus control and play a sound from a folder
      i've added all the knowne classes, but i found some problems i hope any one can help me.
      this is the code that i created

#include <WinAPISys.au3> Global $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = "", $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = "" AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50) Func WindowAudioFocus()     Local $h_NewHWNDFocus = WinGetHandle("[active]", "")     Local $h_NewControlHWNDFocus = ControlGetFocus($h_NewHWNDFocus, "")     If ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) And ($h_NewControlHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus) Then Return 0     AdlibUnRegister("WindowAudioFocus")     If Not ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) Then         SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\WindowChanged.wav")     Else         Switch _WinAPI_GetClassName(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus))             Case "Button", "Start", "TrayButton", "TrayShowDesktopButtonWClass", "sbutton", "CirrussButton", "ODbcButton", "ThunderRTCommandButton", "ThunderSSOption", "ThunderSSCommand", "ThunderCommandButton", "ThunderRT6CommandButton", "ThunderRT5CommandButton", "TButton", "TBitBtn", "TAdvGlowButton", "ButtonWndClass", "afx:0:376:baa946", "_AOL_Button"                 If _IsCheckBox(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\checkBox.wav")                 ElseIf _IsRadio(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\radio.wav")                 Else                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\button.wav")                 EndIf             Case "ComboBox", "ComboBoxEx32", "MSOBALLOONREComboBox20W", "REComboBox20W", "ThunderComboBox", "ThunderDriveListBox", "ThunderRT6ComboBox", "TORComboEdit", "TCombobox", "TComboBoxEx", "TORComboBox", "TColorBox", "TNFComboBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentCmbobx", "ComboWndClass", "_AOL_ComboBox", "ThunderRT5ComboBox", "ComboLBox"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\list.wav")             Case "Edit", "SearchBox", "TChatRichEdit", "_WwN", "_WwO", "RichEdit20A", "RichEdit20WPT", "RICHEDIT60W", "OKttbx", "RichEditA", "ThunderTextBox", "ThunderRT6TextBox", "ThunderRT5TextBox", "TEdit", "TRichEdit", "TRichEditViewer", "TMemo", "TInplaceEditList", "TLabeledEdit", "TMaskEdit", "TDateTimePicker", "TRichEdit", "TCaptionMemo", "TAddictRichEdit", "TCaptionEdit", "RichTextWndClass", "TextWndClass", "PasswordWndClass", "TextAreaWndClass", "MSWorksDoc", "_AOL_Edit", "SysDateTimePick32"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\edit.wav")             Case "ListBox", "ComboLBox", "REListBox20W", "SUPERGRID", "OUTEXVLB", "WMSUIVLB", "SchdmapiVLB", "VLBClass", "ThunderDirListBox", "ThunderFileListBox", "ThunderListBox", "ThunderRT6ListBox", "ThunderRT5ListBox", "TListbox", "TValueListEditor", "TORCalendar", "TColorListBox", "TCheckListBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox", "ListBoxWndClass", "ListWndClass", "hh_kwd_vlist", "afx:8:376:0:946", "_AOL_ListBox", "_AOL_Tree", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\List.wav")             Case "SysListView32", "OpenListView", "wuDuiListView", "ListView20WndClass", "TcxGridSite", "TListView", "TSystemListView", "ListViewWndClass", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\ListView.wav")             Case "SysTreeView32", "SearchTreeList", "FeatureTree", "TreeView20WndClass", "TSystemTreeView", "TTreeView", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\TreeView.wav")             Case Else                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\focus.wav")         EndSwitch     EndIf     $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = $h_NewHWNDFocus     $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = $h_NewControlHWNDFocus     AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50)     Return 1 EndFunc   ;==>WindowAudioFocus Func _IsCheckBox($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_CHECKBOX) = $BS_CHECKBOX EndFunc   ;==>_IsCheckBox Func _IsRadio($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON) = $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON EndFunc   ;==>_IsRadio
      what i need from you is :
      play a sound when a menu item focus, that sound named menu.wav
      play a sound named items.wav when the users move on list box items or list view or treeview items or a combobox items
      please if can any one help me i'll very happy
      thanks on advance