Signing of compiled scripts

Anteaus

Think this has been discussed before, but is there any way of signing a compiled script with a certificate?

Reason I ask is that some AV products keep on producing 'Generic Trojan' false positives on compiled scripts. I'm told that signing with a certificate from a trusted source might reduce this problem.

• Moderators

@Anteaus, we have this wonderful search function on the forum, that would answer whether something has been discussed before or not. A quick search might have brought you to threads such as the two below. I know there are a number of other threads discussing this issue, which I will leave to you to discover on your own:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13, I was going to think of some succinct reply, but instead I will do two things:

I will quote myself: "Think this has been discussed before" ie I have searched.

I will then quote Tankbuster, who sums it up about as well as I could:

"If someone gets offended by this, because he knows already 200 posts about it. Do not reply"

Though, the $1E06 question is whether an EV cert would be necessary to prevent false positives. I've so far found no definite answer to that. Though, feedback from C/C++ utility writers suggests neither may help that much, they still get false positives. So, forget it.

• Developers

@Anteaus, Making friends here?

Maybe you want to tone it down a bit or else will gladly help you with that.

-Click-

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic