Get all values for loop in new variable

How do I get all values of the for loop, currently I get the last.

Local $path = "D:\xxx\test"
   Local $ae = _FileListToArray($path, "*")

test()

Func test()

For $i = 0 To UBound($ae) - 1
      $newPath = $path & $ae[$i]
      $time = FileGetTime($newPath,0,1)
   Next

ConsoleWrite($newPath)
   ConsoleWrite($time)

EndFunc

Thus $time does me give no value.

Edited by NiceBoy1234
  • Moderators

NiceBoy1234,

You need to put the ConsoleWrite inside the loop to iterate all the elements of the returned array.

And to get a valid path - you will need to insert a "\" into the return, add a trailing "\" to the $path variable, or set the $bReturnPath parameter when listing the files.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

NiceBoy1234,

Probably because the path you pass to FileGetTime is invalid - that is why I mentioned how to get a valid path when I replied above.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#include <File.au3>
Local $sPath = @ScriptDir
Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sPath, "*", 1, 1)

Local $sFileTime, $sFilePath, $sFilePathTime

For $i = 1 To UBound($aFileList) - 1
    $sFilePath = $aFileList[$i]
    $sFileTime = FileGetTime($sFilePath, 0, 1)
    $sFilePathTime &= $sFilePath & " - Time:" & $sFileTime & @CRLF
    ;ConsoleWrite($sFilePath & " - Time:" & $sFileTime & @CRLF)
Next

ConsoleWrite($sFilePathTime & @CRLF)

Regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheAlienDoctor
      Hi, I was looking into creating a script that would detect if a file exists, then move it (and in some cases rename it, depending on the file) as well as write to a log file.
      The issue is, there is a lot of files that need to be moved, sometimes some files will exist and others won't depending on the use-case. However if a file does exist, it will always be going into the same directory with the same name.
      Currently I have an array nested inside of the array, with each array inside that array having both the old and new directory, and then a For loop to actually run through and do the file transferring. The issue I am having is how to call the Array inside of the array, because how do I specify  which the old directory is and which the new is?
      Global $FileTransfer[2000] = [Global $Dir1[2] = ["original dir 1", "new dir 1"], Global $Dir2[2] = ["original dir 2", "new dir 2"]] For $FileTransfer = [0] To [1] Step +1 If FileExists({original dir}) Then FileMove({original dir}, new dir, 1) FileOpen("log.latest.txt", 1) FileWrite("log.latest.txt", "{original dir} found, moved it to new dir." & @CRLF) FileClose("log.latest.txt") Else FileOpen("log_latest.txt", 1) FileWrite("log_latest.txt", "{original dir} not found, ignoreing it." & @CRLF) FileClose("log_latest.txt") EndIf Next I have put what I want the old and new directory to be for each array in {}, so hopefully its easier to tell which part is working and whats not.

I am still reasonably new to AutoIT, any help is appreciated. Thankyou
    • By arunkw
      I have a spreadsheet - daily routine which has two columns: activity and time as shown here
      | Activity             | Time     | |----------------------|----------| | Sleep               |  6:00 am | | Toilet              |  6:15 am | | Get ready for gym  |  6:30 am | | Exercise            |  7:50 am | | ... more things      |  9:00 pm | | ... still more       | 10:45 pm | | Sleep               |  6:00 am |   I wanted to find out, say in C1 which activity is current for me using now() I.e., if it’s 6:45am on my watch, it should show me Exercise  in C1 Thanks to Adam D. PE, this formula works like magic to get the result =VLOOKUP(MOD(NOW(),1),{B2:B,A2:A},2,1)   Now, I want to reproduce same result in autoit, how to do that? To have easy solution say, I copy-paste spreadsheet data in array directly in code, right? Use for loop and run the above vlookup function and show the answer using tooltip. How to achieve this? please help.  
    • By AutoitMike
      A process of mine opens a HML file, modifies it and then saves, closes it.
      I then need to run an.exe that opens this file right after this.. However, nothing that I find on this forum works that supposedly tests to see if the fie is still open, ready to be used by another process.
      Right now, I just Sleep(2000) .
      I would like something cleaner than this.
      This function, for example, returns False when nothing has it opened or if I open the file with notepad or any other editor.
      I am running on a win7 laptop, if that has any bearing.
      $File="C:\Utilities\test\report.hr5" MsgBox(0,"", _FileInUse($File)) Exit Func _FileInUse($sFilePath) ; By Nessie. Modified by guinness. Local Const $hFileOpen = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, $CREATE_ALWAYS, $FILE_SHARE_WRITE) If $hFileOpen Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFileOpen) Return False EndIf Local $fReturn = False If _WinAPI_GetLastError() = 32 Then $fReturn = True Return $fReturn EndFunc  
    • By goku200
      I have an Autoit script that lists files from a folder into an array list. Is there a way to separate the filenames by an underscore and include the id, version, name and date into separate columns in Excel.
      Example of filename:
      12345_v1.0_TEST Name [12345]_01.01.2022.html
      12345 would be in one column
      v1.0 would be in another column
      TEST Name [12345] would be in another column
      01.01.2022 would be in another column
      .html would be in another column
      Note: filenames always change each day.
      Here is my code that lists the files into column C and then writes the column Headers into Column D, E, F, G. Just need some help with separating them into columns by the _ delimiter

• By mLipok
      Usually when I collect data from DataBase I need to give EndUser a possibility to select rows which should be taken in the processing loop.
      I was searching on the forum and I'm not able to find any UDF or even example of how to select data from array.
      I have my own solutions but I think they are not worth posting on the forum as it is very old code and I am looking for a better solution.

Could anybody point me to some examples/solutions ?

Thank you in advance.
      @mLipok