byarotsky

Issue with displaying GUICtrlCreateRadio in a GUICtrlSetOnEvent script

2 posts in this topic

I am working on a script that pulls the current time from the internet and then reads contents from our backup server based on the month and week folders that are already created. This script will ultimate pass variables to another program that will restore the data from the respective folder to the computer that the script it running on. The script is built to find the 'windows' folders in the server structure which is \\server\serverfolder\01_16\3week

\\server\serverfolder - is the server share

01_16 - is month and year as to sort properly

3week - is obviously the week

Within the week folder there are user folders (eg. bsmith, jdoe, ganderson), in these folders are backups of full hard drives with include the windows folder which we are looking for.The script is running and is fully function the first time that it is run. I have also added a back button so if for some reason you are in the wrong list of folders you can navigate to the correct folder and then show the results again.

The issue I am having is that I can show the contents and everything works well, unless I use the back button and navigate to a different set of folders (different week). The radio buttons do not respond properly. They will show both incorrect data and the count of radio buttons is not being updated.

I have attempted to look for a solution and have tried many different ideas, but I just don't fully understand how a GUICtrlCreateRadio in a for loop with GUICtrlSetOnEvent should work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the messy code.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _GetTimeOnline
; Description ...: Retrieve the current date and time from TimeAPI.org.
; Syntax ........: _GetTimeOnline($iTimeZone)
; Parameters ....: $iTimeZone           - An integer value of the timezone .
;                  0 - UTC (Universal Time)
;                  1 - EST (Eastern Time)
;                  2 - CST (Central Time)
;                  3 - MST (Mountain Time)
;                  4 - PST (Pacific Time)
;                  5 - AKST (Alaska Time)
;                  6 - HAST (Hawaii-Aleutian Time)
; Return values .: Success: Returns the current Date and Time in the format YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS
;                  Failure: Sets @error to non-zero and returns the same format as a successful return but using the system time.
; Author ........: guinness
; Link ..........: According to http://www.programmableweb.com/api/timeapi, this is for non-commercial use.
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================

Opt("GUIResizeMode", 1)
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $vGUI_V = 450
Global $vGUI_ = 400
Local $ServerPath = "\\vault\backups\"
Local $aFileList, $Current_Radio, $CurrentMonthFolder
Local $Current_Gui = GUICreate("Test", 450, 400)
Local $GuiBack = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 200, 250, 40, 40)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please select the Windows folder to use", 20, 20)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($GuiBack, "BackPressed")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "SpecialEvents")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "SpecialEvents")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "SpecialEvents")

_GetTimeOnline(2) ;Central time zone
_SelectFolder()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Exit

Func _GetTimeOnline($iTimeZone)
    ; Retrieve the current time from TimeAPI.org.  Ideal if your Windows clock is out of sync.
    Local $aTimeZone[7] = ['utc', 'est', 'cst', 'mst', 'pst', 'akst', 'hast']
    Local $sRead = BinaryToString(InetRead('http://www.timeapi.org/' & $aTimeZone[$iTimeZone] & '/now?format=\Y/\m/\d%20/\H:\M:\S'))
    If @error Then
        SetError(1, 0, @YEAR & '/' & @MON & '/' & @MDAY & '/' & @HOUR & ':' & @MIN & ':' & @SEC)
    EndIf
    Local $aDays = StringSplit($sRead, "/") ; Split the string of days using the delimiter "," and the default flag value.
    ;    For $i = 1 To $aDays[0] ; Loop through the array returned by StringSplit to display the individual values.
    ;        MsgBox(4096, "", "$aDays[" & $i & "] - " & $aDays[$i])
    ;    Next
    $CurrentMonthFolder = $ServerPath & $aDays[2] & "_" & StringTrimLeft($aDays[1], 2) & "\" & Ceiling((@MDAY + (7 - @WDAY)) / 7) & "week"
EndFunc   ;==>_GetTimeOnline

Func _SelectFolder()

Local Const $sMessage = "Select users folder to restore data from:"

; Display an open dialog to select a file.
    Local $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, $CurrentMonthFolder)

If @error Then
        ; Display the error message.
        ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No folder was selected.")
        Exit
    Else
        ; Display the selected folder.
        ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "You chose the following folder:" & @CRLF & $sFileSelectFolder)
        $aFileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFileSelectFolder, "Windows", 14, -3, $FLTAR_SORT)
        If @error = 1 Then
            MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid or Windows folder not found.")
            _SelectFolder()
        EndIf
        If @error = 9 Then
            MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.")
            _SelectFolder()
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $CurrentMonthFolder = $sFileSelectFolder
    _ShowGui()
EndFunc   ;==>_SelectFolder

Func _ShowGui()
    Local $startline = 20
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(4096, "ERROR", "Error occured, no INI or incorrect Sections")
    Else
        For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
            $Current_Radiou = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aFileList[$i], 25, $startline + 20 * $i, 400)
            GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "myEvent") ; This will tell us which radio was clicked
        Next
    EndIf
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Current_Gui)
EndFunc   ;==>_ShowGui

Func BackPressed()
;    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Go Pressed", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle & " CtrlHandle=" & @GUI_CtrlHandle)
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Current_Gui)
    _SelectFolder()
EndFunc   ;==>BackPressed

Func myEvent()
    For $x = 1 To $aFileList[0] + 6 ; this is broken
        If GUICtrlRead($x) = 1 Then MsgBox(0, GUICtrlRead($x), GUICtrlRead($x, 1)) ;this is the path to the profile
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>myEvent

Func SpecialEvents()
    Select
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Close Pressed", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
            Exit
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Window Minimized", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Window Restored", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
    EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>SpecialEvents

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

In OnEventMode you can use @GuiCtrlID to identify the Control which fired the event. So you can use:

MsgBox(0, GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId), GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId, 1)) in your func myEvent.

The ControlId you read with $aFileList[0] + 6 maybe wrong when the func ShowGui is executed more then once.

You must also delete the current radios before creating the new radios.

So it's a good idea to store the ControlId's in an array.

Here the complete script:

dynamicRadios.au3

dynamicRadios.au3

Edited by AutoBert

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• czardas
      By czardas
      Haven't had much time to code recently. However the following thread inspired me.
      The debate about linear, parallel and binary search methods was rather interesting and, in an attempt to be diplomatic, I decided to combine @jchd's suggestion with @LarsJ's binary search example. I decided that the binary search algorithm required modification to make it more linear. As usual, 'if you invent something, it probably already exists and if it already exists, it exists for a reason'. My first attempt was not all that good. The code worked but was really a mess. I blame peer pressure (to post an example of a parallel search method).  I will delete that old code in due course.
      With a little memory jogging and a glance at the help file, the solution turned out to be quite easy: I just needed a better understanding of Euler. Further modification will be needed to work with more complicated unicode strings. The output could be returned as an array or a delimitered string. I'm not so interested in those details. I'm just going to post the algorithm for now and anyone, who wants to, can modify it to suit their needs. Both arrays must contain at least 1 element.
      Local $aFoo = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20,23,24,26,30,35,39,40,41] Local $aBar = [0,1,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,19,21,24,25,26,27,34,35,38,40] ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) ; Compares two lists - returning positive matches. Each input array must be unique (individually) and in alphabetical order. Func ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) Local $sFind, _ $iMin_F = -1, $iMax_F = UBound($aFoo) -1, $Lo_F = $iMin_F, $Hi_F, _ $iMin_B = -1, $iMax_B = UBound($aBar) -1, $Lo_B = $iMin_B, $Hi_B While $iMin_F < $iMax_F And $iMin_B < $iMax_B ; Toggle Arrays - Which array has most untested elements? This is the one we want to search next, ; so we can bypass more comparisons because (in theory) mismatches have a greater chance of being skipped. If $iMax_F - $iMin_F >= $iMax_B - $iMin_B Then ; $aFoo has more (or an equal number of) untested elements $Hi_F = $iMax_F $iMin_B += 1 $sFind = $aBar[$iMin_B] While $Lo_F < $Hi_F ; search $aFoo For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_F - $Lo_F) / Log(2)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F + 2^$i If $aFoo[$Lo_F] = $sFind Then $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $Lo_F & "] = $aBar[" & $iMin_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aFoo[$Lo_F] > $sFind Then $Hi_F = $Lo_F -1 $iMin_F += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; minimum increment is one WEnd Else ; $aBar has more untested elements $Hi_B = $iMax_B $iMin_F += 1 $sFind = $aFoo[$iMin_F] While $Lo_B < $Hi_B ; search $aBar For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_B - $Lo_B) / Log(2)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B + 2^$i If $aBar[$Lo_B] = $sFind Then $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $iMin_F & "] = $aBar[" & $Lo_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aBar[$Lo_B] > $sFind Then $Hi_B = $Lo_B -1 $iMin_B += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; minimum increment is one WEnd EndIf WEnd EndFunc ;==> ParallelExponetialSearch I hope this will be useful to someone. I believe it deserved a thread of its own!
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!
    • Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.
      This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
      The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
      Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
      plumbing.
      The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
      figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
      ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file. ; The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay. ; Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future ; plumbing. ; ; The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot ; figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #include-once #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2] ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number] Don't get confused! [Row][Column] Local $i = 0 Local $iLeft = 30 Local $iTop = 30 Local $sName Local $sNumber Local $aArray Local $iMaxCol = 5 Local $iRow = 0 Local $iCol = 0 Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2] $aArray1 = ReadFile() $aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1) _ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers) ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func ReadFile() Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt" Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $aArrayFile Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2] Local $aName Local $sCheckBox1 Const $iL = 10 ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up Local $sFill Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0 ; Put the Names into an Array _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile) For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Names If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next $iCol = 1 $iRow = 0 $sFill = "" For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Numbers If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next Return $aTextFile EndFunc ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the Name and Number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func DisplayNames($aArray1) Local $aName[$iMax] Local $aNumbers[$iMax] $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1) $iMMCount -=1 Local $iWidth = 300 Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30 GUISetFont(12) $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Name Number",1,5) ;$iTop += 30 ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0] $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText) $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the ; new number. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iLeft = 60 GUIStartGroup() $iTop = 28 For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1] $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount) $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1 Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount] Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2] $iLeft = 30 Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idCloseGUI For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1 Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0] Case $GUI_UNCHECKED EndSwitch Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1]) EndSwitch Next ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1 GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1] EndIf Next GUIDelete($hGUI) Return $aCheckedNameNumber EndFunc This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.
      * This is a dummy file with a Name and Number * The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number. Name:Taggart Number:916 Name:Mongo Number:90 Name:Hedley Lamarr Number:22 Name:Bart Number:9999 Name:The Waco Kid Number:2244 If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
      Jibberish
      NameNumber.txt
    • Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am working on a Video Player Test Script. I am reading a text file into a 3d array to be displayed in a GUI.
      Array Content:
      [x][0]FileName.mp4
      [x][1]UsageCount -> Up to a 4 digit number
      [x][2]EnableUsageCount (True/False)
      In the GUI the user can check the filename box, edit the number of usages and check EnableUsageCount to turn on the UsageCount control using the UsageCount number for the maximum number of plays.
      To make this easier to deal with I have removed the EnableUsageCount section, and am just concentrating on getting a method to put the edited (or unchanged) UsageCount in the array. Currently nothing is read into the array, due to my using the wrong method in the Case statement.
      Here are code snippets of what I am trying to do:
      ; Snippets from script ; I read the text file at the bottom and put the .mp4 filenames in $aManifest[x][0] and UsageCount in $aManifest[x][1] ; Then I create a GUI to display the .mp4 filenames with checkboxes and the UsageCount to the right. UsageCount is editable by the user. ; If the filename is checked, I want to read the filename into $aCheckedVideos[x][0] and the updated UsageCount in $aCheckedVideos[x][1] ; The GUICtrlRead($aVideoName[$i]) with Case $GUI_CHECKED & UNCHECKED works for the checkboxes ; This section puts the filenames in the GUI with a checkbox For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sMP4Text = $aManifest[$i][0] $iMP4Length = StringLen($sMP4Text) $aVideoName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sMP4Text,$iLeft, $iTop) $iTop += 30 Next ; This section reads numbers from the Manifest array, and I want to be able to change the number and have them saved. ; So the Case $GUI_CHECKED & UNCHECKED won't work here, and I can't figure out what I should be doing here. For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sUsageText = $aManifest[$i][1] $aUsageCount[$i] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sUsageText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUICtrlSetPos($aUsageCount[$i],200) $iTop += 30 Next While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idCloseGUI For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1 Switch GUICtrlRead($aVideoName[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedVideos[$i][0] = $aManifest[$i][0] ; If checked, I put the results into a two D array Case $GUI_UNCHECKED ; where Video Name is $aCheckedVideos[x][0] EndSwitch Switch GUICtrlRead($aUsageCounter[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedVideos[$i][1] = $aUsageCount[$i] ;I want to put the text (numbers) in $aCheckedVideos[x][1] Case $GUI_UNCHECKED ;but what is returned is blank, probably due to EndSwitch ; $GUI_CHECKED being the wrong thing. Next ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ;The txt file I'm reading has the following: ;~ /** Title #1: Big Buck Bunny 1080p **/ ;~ "Name": "Big Buck Bunny", ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\bbb_1080_60s.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 9999, ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\bbb_1080_60s_enc1.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 45, ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\bbb_1080_60s_enc1.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 2, ;~ /** Title #2: Tears of Steel 4K **/ ;~ "Name": "Tears of Steel 4K", ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\tos_4K_60s_HEVC.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 9876, ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\tos_4K_60s_HEVC_enc2.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 0, ;~ "URI": "..\\MediaFiles\\tos_4K_60s_HEVC_enc2.mp4", ;~ "UsageCount": 5, I am certain that the section
                          Switch GUICtrlRead($aUsageCounter[$i])
                              Case $GUI_CHECKED
                                  $aCheckedVideos[$i][1] = $aUsageCount[$i]    ;I want to put the text (numbers) in $aCheckedVideos[x][1]
                              Case $GUI_UNCHECKED                                ;but what is returned is blank, probably due to
                          EndSwitch                                            ; $GUI_CHECKED being the wrong thing.

is wrong, and this is what I am looking for help with. Instead of $GUI_CHECKED what should I be looking for?
      The worst part of this is I had this working late last night, and then lost my changes and cannot for the life of me remember how I had this working.
      Help is truly appreciated!
      Jibberish

• algiuxas
      By algiuxas
      Hello everybody, so I might found a bug in _ArraySearch:

#include <Array.au3> Local $abc[2] = ["b", "b"] $h = "+---------------------------------+" & @CRLF ConsoleWrite($h) For $i = 0 To 1 $abc[0] = 0 out() $abc[0] = 1 out() $abc[0] = -1 out() $abc[0] = "Abc" out() $abc[1] = "Hello" Next Func txt() Return "$abc = [" & $abc[0] & ", " & $abc[1] & "]" & @CRLF & _ "> _ArraySearch($abc,""Hello"") = " EndFunc ;==>txt Func shouldoutput($ans) Return "_ArraySearch Should return: " & ($ans ? 1 : -1) EndFunc ;==>shouldoutput Func out() ConsoleWrite("> " & txt() & _ArraySearch($abc, "Hello") & @CRLF & "> " & shouldoutput($abc[1] == "Hello") & @CRLF & $h) EndFunc ;==>out Exit Sorry for this messy script