lrstndm

command prompt shows up at compiled code

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am working on a application with a GUI and command prompt in 1.

Currently my code looks this simple >

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

But when I compile this and run the compiled version there is also a command prompt shown. But I don't want this.

Besides that, I also want it to be possible when I run my script from the command prompt, the program will give feedback in the command prompt where it was started from. With the setup above. This is possible with the ConsoleWrite command. 

Is it possible to hide the command prompt one way or another when I start the GUI? Or do I have to change my script?

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
lrstndm

21 minutes ago, lrstndm said:

Remove these two lines

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

When I do that and I run the program from the command line it starts the GUI and does not post the ConsoleWrite to the command prompt. That is my problem.

You have 2 choices, run it as a GUI program, or run it as a CUI program with a command window, there's no way to hide the window at program start. Instead of using a console window for consolewrites, open a second GUI with an edit control in it and write the text into THAT instead of the console window that you don't need.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

That would be the best then I think. Thanks for your time.

Try this:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Process.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

If _ProcessGetName(_WinAPI_GetParentProcess(@AutoItPID)) = "cmd.exe" Then ;hide CMD window when started not in CMD
    ConsoleWrite("Started from cmd box" & @CRLF)
Else
    $var = WinList()
    For $i = 1 To $var[0][0]
        If $var[$i][0] <> "" And BitAND(WinGetState($var[$i][1]), 2) Then
            If WinGetProcess($var[$i][0], "") = @AutoItPID Then
                WinSetState($var[$i][1], "", @SW_HIDE)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    MsgBox(0, "Info", "Started from windows explorer task", 10)
EndIf

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯