Downloading from Softpedia using "ControlClick"....

ReconX

I am trying to download Malwarebytes from the website Softpedia.com. Here is the link. I am trying to automate a click on the Softpedia (US) button so it will begin to download, although I cannot find a class or id for it at all. Am I using the Info Tool wrong? Any guidance please.

I am trying to stay away from using the coordinates simply because many computers range in resolution. Thanks ahead of time.

right clicking on the "Softpedia (US)" option in the link you gave will give the option to "copy link address" which gives you...

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/ac490d5d11c2b476599c76a88a8b69ab/56ab1485/13ebe/0/1?tsf=0

so bypass and link directly to the download.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

ah.. well to answer your question, yes you are using the window info tool wrong, it is for the windows on your pc.

if you want to control websites you need to look other tools such as IE.au3 for Internet Explorer or SimpleSpy.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version