Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked_Caty

Making a backup of the entire Registry

3 posts in this topic

I wanted to have a few lines that copy the whole registry into a file. I know that there is RegRead, but I don't want to type every single key into my code...

Any way of doing this easily? Filetype doesn't matter, as long as it isn't encrypted. A batch or exe would be okay, if it's in the same location on every PC. Doing this without admin permissions would be awesome too

I would check this out.

Thanks... Was way too obvious >.<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Marc
      By Marc
      Profiler - yet another backup script for Firefox and Thunderbird profiles
      It automatically detects the last recently used profile directories of Firefox and Thunderbird (installed versions, no portables).
      Clicking the Backup-Button creates a complete Backup of the found profiles with a timestamp.
      Restore deletes the according profile dir and extracts the content of the selected archive into the profile directory.
      Uses Winrar as compression tool, but feel free to change it to your needs
      Best regards
      Marc

Profiler.au3
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      I wondered why negative integers I wrote into registry (e.g. negative x-coordinates of a gui if using two monitors and the right one is the main one) wouldn't return right when reading. Now I know: it is saved as an unsigned integer (without algebraic sign). So here is a snippet that is changing unsigned to signed integer:
      Global Const $g_sRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" & @ScriptName ; path to registry RegWrite($g_sRegKey, "Value", "REG_DWORD", -2147483647) ; write some negative integer into registry; -2147483647 highest possible negative integer , 2147483648 highest possible positive integer if talking of 32bit Local $sValue = RegRead($g_sRegKey, "Value") ; read out registry ConsoleWrite("Value: " & $sValue & @CRLF) ; show real value in console Local $sResult = _SignedInteger($sValue) ; change to signed value ConsoleWrite("Result: " & $sResult & @CRLF) ; and show it in console Func _SignedInteger($iUnsignedInteger) Local $iSignedInteger If $iUnsignedInteger > (2^31) Then ; then it means a negative integer $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger - (2^32) Else $iSignedInteger = $iUnsignedInteger EndIf Return $iSignedInteger EndFunc It took me some time to find out the problem and so I hope I can help somebody with this.
      Regards, Conrad
    • careca
      By careca
      Hello, this is a tool made to be used with regedit, it starts regedit when run, then saves a list of the paths in registry the user browsed, on double click in the "history" list, it jumps to that key, it has 2 methods of jump, one is through favorites, the other through "lastkey".
      In certain cases you can use the context menu "follow" in keys like
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.abc
      to jump to
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\abcfile
      As an example.
      The other context menu is "Clear", and its obvious it clears the listview.
      Best regards.
    • GreenSparks
      By GreenSparks
      Hi!
      I post here because i was wonderring if someone in this forum could help me with my script.
      What i'm trying to do, is to basically install a new keyboard layout in Windows and activate it. I want to acheive by the registry or the command line, but not with the autoit automation tools, i don't find it stable...
      Thanks for your help and have a good day!
    • Leo1906
      By Leo1906
      Hello guys,
      I'm having a problem right here ..
      I was trying to create a few Registry Values using autoit, but it seems to me that Autoit can't write those values to this specific part of the registry ..
      Here is the code I'm trying to run:
      RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\test\command", "", "REG_SZ", "C:\test\convert.exe %1 geojson|convert") I'm definitly sure that the path is correct. Script is runned with Admin Rights. Everything's fine here.
      It's possible to read other values stored by Windows in this directory:
      MsgBox(0, 0, RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Windows.burn", "Description")) But you can't edit those using Autoit. I don't know what this is. In my eyes it's an Autoit Bug or something like that ...
      Possible solution for me is to write a ".reg" file and run it afterwards, but this is an unclean method I don't really want to use ..
      Any suggestions on this?

Edit: the OS is Windows 7 x64 German Language btw ..