Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpinningCone

Odd problem with stdinwrite

3 posts in this topic

OK so i'm trying to build a tool part of which adds a GUI to a command line tool.  my tests seemed to work fine but when i ported my function into a GUI they break, the first time i invoke the commandline it returns nothing, then each subsequent time i press the button that calls to command line it ignores the current command and re-sends the last command. if i press the button a second time the command updates.    IE let's say  i have a command line app with a counter as one of the inputs.

Press button to generate output -> "0" returned
Press Button again with same paramaters -> "Hello world 1" returned

Change counter to "2" press button  -> "Hello world 1" returned

press the button again ->  "Hello world 2" returned

THis was boggling my mind so i stripped out the GUI and took the function that was being called in the GUI and make it a hotkey call.   now the exact same code that calls the commandline has different behavior

Press hotkey to generate output -> "0" returned

Press hotkey again with same paramaters -> "Hello world 1" returned

Change counter to "2" press hotkey-> "Hello world 2" returned

So a hotkey act's "normally" bot only after the initial "0" is returned.

if I perform the function call for the command line before the hotkey while loop it functions properly the first time. :   This seems like some sort of autoit bug but i have no idea how to work around it. : example code

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\datwater\documents\autoit\projects\otp tool\otp tool.kxf
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 392, 448, 191, 148)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Form1Close")
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("seed", 23, 57, 35, 17)
$txtSeed = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 66, 55, 213, 21)
$btnRandomSeed = GUICtrlCreateButton("Create Seed", 287, 53, 74, 25)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "btnRandomSeedClick")
$txtCounter = GUICtrlCreateInput("5", 72, 96, 71, 21)
$txtLength = GUICtrlCreateInput("6", 223, 96, 48, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Counter", 24, 99, 41, 17)
$label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Length", 173, 98, 37, 17)
$txtOutput = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 38, 213, 326, 201)
$btnGen = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run Command", 149, 154, 80, 25)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "btnGenClick")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

local $key      = ""
local $length   = 8
local $count    = 5

Local $cmd = Run("cmd.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_SHOWNORMAL, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func btnGenOTPClick()
    $length = GUICtrlRead($txtLength)
    $count = GUICtrlRead($txtCounter)
    $Seed  = GUICtrlRead($txtSeed)
    $otp = runCommand($Seed,$length,$count)
    GUICtrlSetData($txtOutput,$otp & @CRLF, "|")

EndFunc

Func btnRandomSeedClick()
    GUICtrlSetData($txtKey,genKey(40))
EndFunc

func runCommand($s,$l,$c)
    ;build the command
    $command = "oathgen.exe -c " & $c & " -l " & $l &" -s " & $s & "& @CRLF
    ConsoleWrite("COMMAND: " & $command & @CRLF) ; debug check
    ;send command to the console
    StdinWrite($cmd, $command)
    $line = ""
    ;loops and gathers all the command output
    While True
        $line &=  StdoutRead($cmd)
        ConsoleWrite($line)  ;debug
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        ;to exit the while loop we look for the blank command prompt, the trimming is needed to get a clean match.
        If StringRight($line,StringLen(@ScriptDir) + 1) = @ScriptDir & ">" Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(30)
    WEnd

;i do some parsing here of the output then return it , that all works fine

EndFunc

Basically where i'm calling StdinWrite($cmd, $command) i can see that $command is what i want it to be,  but the first time it runs nothing is sent and the second time you press the button the command is correct but it actually sends the *old* command to standard in . This is only when running in a GUI though. if you lop out the runCommand function and run it just in a script it works as expected

To better understand the issue i started from scratch and made 3 different scripts to illustrate the problem
 (see attached)

cmdBug-Script.au3 works as intended.  cmdBug-Hotkey.au3 and cmdBug-form.au3 exhibit the oddity with sending old commands.

cmdBug-hotKey.au3

cmdBug-form.au3

cmdBug-Script.au3

nm, figured out my problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello.
      Drag option works only on parent window but as we can see on the parent gui is showed up child gui (on the right side with the color).
      Desired action is when we want to drag whole program we can also drag child gui and child gui will drag with parent gui.
      How to do this?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "_NCHITTEST") $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, -1, -1) $cButton_0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 0", 10, 10, 80, 30) $cButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 1", 10, 50, 80, 30) $cButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 2", 10, 90, 80, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; guis Global $hChild_[3] Global $countGUI = UBound($hChild_) - 1 ;MsgBox("","",$countGUI) ; licznik dla GUI Global $gui = 0 $hChild_[0] = GUICreate("Child 0", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $hChild_[1] = GUICreate("Child 1", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) $hChild_[2] = GUICreate("Child 2", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cButton_0 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $gui = 0 Case $cButton_1 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[1]) $gui = 1 Case $cButton_2 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[2]) $gui = 2 EndSwitch WEnd Func _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[0]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) EndFunc Func _NCHITTEST($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) If $hWnd = $hGUI Then Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) If Abs(BitAND(BitShift($lParam, 16),0xFFFF)- $aPos[1]) < 500 Then Return $HTCAPTION EndIf Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc  
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      What's next?
      I'm planning to add my own programming language to it!
      Its going to be implemented with an ActiveX COM dll.
      The syntax is going to be a bit like Lua I guess, any ideas are welcome!

Todo:
      Add sounds. Make an icon / logo. Design a better grammar ( Backus-Naur-vorm: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus-Naur-vorm ). Make test "Console-Scripts" for it. Add a file type for script files ( like batch scripts ). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (maybe). Call neo   
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added tab key Main edit has focus now on startup Made a pdf that explains the upcoming programming language (need feedback about it!)  
      Until the dll is ready you can have fun with what I already have, hope you like it!
      UDF can be downloaded from the attachments.
      Regards

[The programming language part is been postponed]
      [It's been a while, made a custom recursive descent parser in AutoIt, language and updates will be uploaded soon!]

TheAutomator

Console.au3
      ConsoleScript.pdf
    • IAMK
      By IAMK
      Hello,

I have a script which uses a GUI with two buttons. It gets shown and hidden., and pressing the buttons (including their hotkeys) highlights the button, making you able to press enter the next time.
      However, I don't want that.

I've tried using WinActivate() to make enter do things on another program, but the enter is still tied to the AutoIT GUI (which still has the button highlighted).

Here's the important part of my code:
      $MY_GUI = GUICreate("Check.exe", 400, 300, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 200), -500) WinSetOnTop($MY_GUI, "", 1) ;Keeps the window on the top. $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pass (Ctrl+P)", 40, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fail (Ctrl+F)", 240, 250, 120, 40, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $GUIText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 20, 10, 360, 230) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlSetData($GUIText, Execute($stepMessage[$step])) $showGUI = "True" GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While($showGUI = "True") $buttonPressed = GUIGetMsg() Switch $buttonPressed Case $Button1 ;Pass $pass = "True" $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) Case $Button2 ;Fail $buttonPressed = 0 $showGUI = "False" GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) While($message = "") $message = InputBox("Check.exe", "Please enter the reason the step failed." & @CRLF, "", "", 300, 200, ((@DesktopWidth / 2) - 150), -400) WEnd Return $message EndSwitch WEnd Local $pass = "False" ;Whether "Pass" or "Fail" was pressed. Local $failLog = xxxfunc($pass) ;Returns a message to log if the step failed. ##THIS CALLS THE CODE SNIPPET ABOVE## FileWrite($file, _Now() & ": Step " & $step & getStatus($pass) & "and took " & Ceiling(TimerDiff($timer) / 1000) & " seconds." & @CRLF) If($failLog <> "") Then FileWrite($file, "Logged comment: " & $failLog & @CRLF) EndIf WinActivate("[TITLE:ProgramName]") ;Hotkeys: HotKeySet("^{p}", "pressPass") HotKeySet("^{f}", "pressFail") Func pressPass() $buttonPressed = $Button1 EndFunc Func pressFail() $buttonPressed = $Button2 EndFunc  
      The GUI's button/hotkey pressing works correctly.
      The same WinActivate code works in another script of mine.
      Together, WinActivate is not take "Active" away from the GUI's last-pressed button. How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
    • fatpig
      By fatpig
      Dear AutoIT Community.
      I am currently working on a program that will display lots of images in a scroll down GUI.
      I create the GUI based on the number of images, which works fine.
      But all images I place using GuiCtrlCreatePic above a threshold of around 32000 pixels (cant say exactly) are placed at negative locations and finally will reach 0 again
      and will then populate on top of the images placed there before.
      For $i = 1 To $Images[0] ; Get picture dimensions $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($ImgRep & $Images[$i]) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) ; Resize & place images in GUI $Pic[$i] = GUICtrlCreatePic($ImgRep & $Images[$i], $Spacer, Round($yPos, 0), $MaxImgWidth, $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX)) $yPos = $yPos + $MaxImgWidth * ($iY / $iX) + $Spacer $log = $log & "|" & $yPos $currentlut = $Images[1] Next I have found a limit at 32767 pixels for some GUI elements when googling around.
      Can someone tell me how to circumvent that?
      thanks!
      cheers
      Felix
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys this is my gui and i need the numeric value typed in the highlighted  inputbox. if this value is greater than 1 i need to perform some operations
      \

Here is the summary about that field which i got from wininfo tool

i tried writing the code as shown below.. but the msgbox is popping up empty value..when the same code is pasted under some button action i am able to access the value present in the field..but when placed alone as written in the attached script i am unable to fetch it... 

here i am using the valu present in the field

can you guys tell me what's wrong??? or how can i get that value?

My_GUI.au3