Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyDepth

CSV to Array Troubles

JohnnyDepth

Hi all,

I have been playing around with AutoIt for a couple weeks now, just making random things for fun.  There is one thing I cannot wrap my head around for the life of me..

Here is what I am wanting to do:

I have a csv file with this following data/columns:

Hey,Hey1,Hey2,Hey3

Hello,Hello1,Hello2,Hello3

Hi,Hi1,Hi2,Hi3

(let's say this csv file is located C:\Test Folder\Test.csv)

So the csv is three rows(for this example) and has four columns.

I cannot figure out how to get this data out and store it into an array that I can use to type each column into 4 different word docs that are open.  I do not need help with moving the mouse to each word doc, but i just don't know how to get the data out, put it into an array.

Once I have the data in an array, I know I can figure out how to loop through, but getting to that point is my problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JohnnyDepth

Thanks!  Will that bring in all 4 columns of the csv file?  How do I 'sendkey' each column individually after it has been stored in the array?

AutoBert
4 hours ago, JohnnyDepth said:

Thanks!  Will that bring in all 4 columns of the csv file?  

Yes, when your CSV is named test.csv or you change script to your CSV-name. Just test and see: 29_ArrayDisplay.jpg.dc245314e5e458259d2b

4 hours ago, JohnnyDepth said:

How do I 'sendkey' each column individually after it has been stored in the array?

Don't understand, please be more specific about your intention.

JohnnyDepth
4 hours ago, AutoBert said:

Don't understand, please be more specific about your intention.

Sorry.  I'd like to take the data in an array and type it into certain fields of a website.  So i would want to type column one into a text box field on a website, then column two may be in another text box on a different page of the same website.  Same with column 3 and 4. 

I know how to do everything in between such as moving the mouse and waiting for pages to load, but just inserting the individual columns from the csv is what i need help with.

AutoBert

I am no native English speaker so please read Language Reference - Variables specialy Arrays, i hope this example sending each elemnt from the array to NotePad helps a little bit:

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
Dim $aCSV[1]
_FileReadToArray('test.csv', $aCSV, Default, ',')
_ArrayDisplay($aCSV)
; Run Notepad with the window maximized.
Local $iPID = Run("notepad.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
$hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

For $iRows = 1 To $aCSV[0][0] ;starting in row 1 (row 0 contains dimensions info
    For $iCols = 0 To $aCSV[0][1] - 1 ;starting in col 0
        ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "Edit1", 'Row ' & $iRows & '|Col ' & $iCols & ': ' & $aCSV[$iRows][$iCols] & @CRLF)
        Sleep(2000)
    Next ;col
Next ;row

;single element row 2 | col 3
ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "Edit1", @CRLF & 'row 2 | col 3: ' & $aCSV[2][3] & @CRLF)

; Display the text of the edit control.

; Close the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
WinClose($hWnd)

JohnnyDepth

Thanks for all your help autobert!  

Question, wouldn't the $aCSV[1] need to be $aCSV[3] (assuming it is zero based) since there are four entries per row in the CSV?

iamtheky
For $iRows = 1 To $aCSV[0][0]      ;For $iRows = 1 to the Row Count that _FRTA put in row 0 column 0 (making the useful part of the array 1-based) 

For $iCols = 0 To $aCSV[0][1] - 1  ;For $iCols = 0 to the Column Count that _FRTA put in row 0 column 1 minus 1 (because columns still start at 0)

i assume you mean here, because $aCSV is not a 1D array, hopefully those comments help.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

JohnnyDepth
10 hours ago, iamtheky said:
For $iRows = 1 To $aCSV[0][0]      ;For $iRows = 1 to the Row Count that _FRTA put in row 0 column 0 (making the useful part of the array 1-based) 

For $iCols = 0 To $aCSV[0][1] - 1  ;For $iCols = 0 to the Column Count that _FRTA put in row 0 column 1 minus 1 (because columns still start at 0)

i assume you mean here, because $aCSV is not a 1D array, hopefully those comments help.

I apologize for the dumb questions, but what does _FRTA mean in your comments? 

iamtheky

FileReadToArray

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

JohnnyDepth

Got it to work perfectly, thanks again for all the help!  For those curious, here is the code:

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Global $aCSV[1]
Global $intCount = 0
Global $intRow = 0
Global $intCol = 0
Global $intLineCount = 0

_FileReadToArray("C:\Test Folder\Test CSV.csv", $aCSV, Default, ",")
$intLineCount = _FileCountLines("C:\Test Folder\Test CSV.csv") - 1

While $intCount <= $intLineCount

$intCount = $intCount + 1
    ;$intRow = $intCount

MouseClick("primary",63,16,1)
    Send($aCSV[$intRow+$intCount][$intCol])
    Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("primary",301,16,1)
    Send($aCSV[$intRow+$intCount][$intCol+1])
    Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(1000)

MouseClick("primary",532,16,1)
    Send($aCSV[$intRow+$intCount][$intCol+2])
    Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

_ArrayDisplay($aCSV)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• corz
      By corz
      Associative Array Functions
      I've seen a couple of UDFs for this on the forum. One of them I quite like. But it's still nearly not as good as this method, IMHO.
      I don't recall if I discovered the "Scripting.Dictionary" COM object myself or if I got the original base code from somewhere online. I have recently searched the web (and here) hard for any AutoIt references to this, other than my own over the years I've been using this (in ffe, etc..), and I can find nothing, so I dunno. If anyone does, I'd love to give credit where it's due; this is some cute stuff! It could actually be all my own work! lol
      At any rate, it's too useful to not have posted somewhere at autoitscript.com, so I've put together a wee demo.
      For those who haven't heard of the COM "Scripting.Dictionary".. 
      If you've ever coded in Perl or PHP (and many other languages), you know how useful associative arrays are. Basically, rather than having to iterate through an array to discover it's values, with an associative array you simply pluck values out by their key "names".
      I've added a few functions over the years, tweaked and tuned, and this now represent pretty much everything you need to easily work with associative arrays in AutoIt. En-joy!
      The main selling point of this approach is its simplicity and weight. I mean, look at how much code it takes to work with associative arrays! The demo is bigger than all the functions put together! The other selling point is that we are using Windows' built-in COM object functions which are at least theoretically, fast and robust.
      I've used it many times without issues, anyhow, here goes..
      ; Associative arrays in AutoIt? Hells yeah! ; Initialize your array ... global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "AAError") ; Initialize a COM error handler ; first example, simple. global $simple AAInit($simple) AAAdd($simple, "John", "Baptist") AAAdd($simple, "Mary", "Lady Of The Night") AAAdd($simple, "Trump", "Silly Man-Child") AAList($simple) debug("It is said that Trump is a " & AAGetItem($simple, "Trump") & ".", @ScriptLineNumber);debug debug("") ; slightly more interesting.. $ini_path = "AA_Test.ini" ; Put this prefs section in your ini file.. ; [test] ; foo=foo value ; foo2=foo2 value ; bar=bar value ; bar2=bar2 value global $associative_array AAInit($associative_array) ; We are going to convert this 2D array into a cute associative array where we ; can access the values by simply using their respective key names.. $test_array = IniReadSection($ini_path, "test") for $z = 1 to 2 ; do it twice, to show that the items are *really* there! for $i = 1 to $test_array[0][0] $key_name = $test_array[$i][0] debug("Adding '" & $key_name & "'..");debug ; key already exists in "$associative_array", use the pre-determined value.. if AAExists($associative_array, $key_name) then $this_value = AAGetItem($associative_array, $key_name) debug("key_name ALREADY EXISTS! : =>" & $key_name & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug else $this_value = $test_array[$i][1] ; store left=right value pair in AA if $this_value then AAAdd($associative_array, $key_name, $this_value) endif endif next next debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) debug(@CRLF & "Removing 'foo'..");debug AARemove($associative_array, "foo") debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) debug(@CRLF & "Removing 'bar'..");debug AARemove($associative_array, "bar") debug(@CRLF & "Array Count: =>" & AACount($associative_array) & "<=" , @ScriptLineNumber);debug AAList($associative_array) quit() func quit() AAWipe($associative_array) AAWipe($simple) endfunc ;; Begin AA Functions func AAInit(ByRef $dict_obj) $dict_obj = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") endfunc ; Adds a key and item pair to a Dictionary object.. func AAAdd(ByRef $dict_obj, $key, $val) $dict_obj.Add($key, $val) If @error Then return SetError(1, 1, -1) endfunc ; Removes a key and item pair from a Dictionary object.. func AARemove(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) $dict_obj.Remove($key) If @error Then return SetError(1, 1, -1) endfunc ; Returns true if a specified key exists in the associative array, false if not.. func AAExists(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) return $dict_obj.Exists($key) endfunc ; Returns a value for a specified key name in the associative array.. func AAGetItem(ByRef $dict_obj, $key) return $dict_obj.Item($key) endfunc ; Returns the total number of keys in the array.. func AACount(ByRef $dict_obj) return $dict_obj.Count endfunc ; List all the "Key" > "Item" pairs in the array.. func AAList(ByRef $dict_obj) debug("AAList: =>", @ScriptLineNumber);debug local $k = $dict_obj.Keys ; Get the keys ; local $a = $dict_obj.Items ; Get the items for $i = 0 to AACount($dict_obj) -1 ; Iterate the array debug($k[$i] & " ==> " & AAGetItem($dict_obj, $k[$i])) next endfunc ; Wipe the array, obviously. func AAWipe(ByRef $dict_obj) $dict_obj.RemoveAll() endfunc ; Oh oh! func AAError() Local $err = $oMyError.number If $err = 0 Then $err = -1 SetError($err) ; to check for after this function returns endfunc ;; End AA Functions. ; debug() (trimmed-down version) ; ; provides quick debug report in your console.. func debug($d_string, $ln=false) local $pre ; For Jump-to-Line in Notepad++ if $ln then $pre = "(" & $ln & ") " & @Tab ConsoleWrite($pre & $d_string & @CRLF) endfunc  
      ;o) Cor
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      Is there a way wherein I can access the data from an array coming from an Excel file then have it assigned on to a variable?
      Below is a snippet of my current code. For now, it just reads and outputs the data from the excel file and have it displayed via an array.
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error creating application object." & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & " Extends: " & @extended) ; Open Excel Woorkbook and return object Local $sWorkbook = @ScriptDir & "\Excel Files\Test Data.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, False, True) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error opening workbook'" & $sWorkbook & ".'" & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & "Extends: " & @extended) _Excel_Close($oExcel) Exit EndIf Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook) ; Error Trapping If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error reading data from '" & $sWorkbook & ".'" & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & " Extends: " & @extended) _Excel_Close($oExcel) Exit EndIf _ArrayDisplay($aResult) My Excel file has values from Column A to H with values from 1 to 30, what I desired to do is have the value in "A7" assigned on to a variable. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • Abdulla060
      By Abdulla060
      i have a 3d array that is [10][20][6] for now lets assume that its [3][3][3] so it looks something like this 
      [[[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3]], [[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3]], [[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3]]] i need to add another 1d  array to the position [2][3] ( i hope its clear) so it becomes like this 
      [[[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3]], [[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3]], [[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[1,2,3],[4,5,6]]] and i have no idea how  
    • NizonRox
      By NizonRox
      Hi, i'm currently facing problems with understanding how arrays work, or atleast a few commands that alter arrays.
      My current situation is:
      1. I'm taking the process list and putting it all in an array
      2. I want to remove the boring common windows processes
      3. Profit
      And i'm currently stuck on step 2, while i already found this thread it dosn't seem that i can make it do what i want.
      Current code:
      Local $PList = ProcessList() Local $RL[6] = ["smss.exe", "csrss.exe", "svchost.exe", "iexplore.exe", "chrome.exe", "conhost.exe"] Sleep(1) For $i=1 To Ubound($RL)-1 Sleep(1) While Not @Error $iIndex = _ArraySearch($PList, $RL[$i], 1, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDelete($PList, $iIndex) WEnd Next It seems to remove all but smss.exe from the array list unless i have it two times in the array.

Note: The sleep(1) is there to clear the error else the command wont fire for the rest of the array, any other way of doing it?
    • Randwulf
      By Randwulf
      To save myself a "search" nightmare, I'm trying to wrap my head around 3D arrays.
      Example: In "No Limit Hold'em", if I only play kings "KK" and queens "QQ"
      and I only play them from the positions of the "Button" or "Blinds"
      and do one thing if it's raised ahead or another if not raised.
      I know that this example would be simple as a 2D array but if I'm dealing with 77 possible hands in 9 possible positions and 6 possible conditions then I'm dealing with almost 700 data lines.
      Lastly, if I have a variables to represent the hand like $hand = "QQ"
      and $position = "Button" and $ahead = "Raised", could the 3D array simplify my search, or should I just stick to the 2D array ??
      Thank you in advance for any thoughts...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.