Skysnake

How to set a Tip to a Menu Item?

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Local $idRep = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem(">My First Report", $idReportmenu) 
    GUICtrlSetTip($idRep, "Standard Report")

Nothing appears obvious.  It may be impossible to set a tip to a menu Item... ?

Any ideas please?

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

The second link that showed up in google:

I just tried using GUICtrlSetTip and couldnt get it to work on menu items either.  The best solution I can come up with unfortunately is using buttons disguised as a menu item.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nitekram
      By nitekram
      I have tried _GUIToolTip_AddTool() & GUICtrlSetTip() & TrayItemGetHandle()  but have had no luck...is there a way that I have missed, or is it not possible to create a ToolTip for an individual item in the Tray?
    • Tankbuster
      By Tankbuster
      Could someone please explain where my thoughts went wrong?

GUICtrlSetTip($arrTemp[$i][0],$arrTemp[$i][1])
      I searched the forum and I found of course some posts, but I didn't found the right idea/hint.
      I fear it's a face palm for me.....

I stripped down everything to this:

#include <Debug.au3> #include <array.au3> _DebugSetup(@ScriptName,False,2) #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 351, 270, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 64, 32, 217, 65) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 64, 112, 217, 65) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### local $MessageBundletextfile="MSGBUNDLE.INI" local $arrTemp $arrTemp=IniReadSection($MessageBundletextfile,"CONTROLTIP") _ArrayDisplay($arrTemp) for $i = 1 to $arrTemp[0][0] _debugout($arrTemp[$i][0]&":"&$arrTemp[$i][1]) GUICtrlSetTip($arrTemp[$i][0],$arrTemp[$i][1]) Next While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd

File Conent of $MessageBundletextfile="MSGBUNDLE.INI"

[CONTROLTIP] $hGui = "Hello" $Button1 = "Tip on Button1" $Button2 = "Tip on Button2"