rodent1

I need to detect wake event on windows 10

rodent1

Hi,

I have an Asus transformer tablet with Windows 10 32 bit. When I close it, it goes to sleep. When asleep, wifi is turned off. There is a WM_POWERBROADCAST message that is supposed notify applications that a power-management event has occurred, such as waking up. When the tablet wakes, it does not turn wifi back on. So I wrote a script to check the message, and sure enough, it does not fire. I was going to use that to force start wifi on wake up. I'm looking for an idea to get around that. But so far, I don't have anything. Besides complaining online about Microsoft or Asus bugs, does anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

Exit
$gobjWMI_CIMV2 = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")
$gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemSink")
ObjEvent($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "__PowerEVT_SINK_")
$gobjWMI_CIMV2.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "Select EventType from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func __PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady($wmiObject, $wmiAsyncContext)
    Switch $wmiObject.EventType
        Case 7
            MsgBox(64+262144, Default, "OS reports resume from suspend is complete", 0)
            ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\force_start_wifi.exe")
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>__PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

rodent1

Hi Exit,

Thanks for your post. It looks like it should work. But it went through several sleep and wake cycles, and it did not work.

The __PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady function never fired. To check that, I added a logging function at the top of the function, and got no log.

I also tried it as administrator, just in case an app needs special rights to receive those messages, which in this case would be odd, That did not help anyway.

Here is the code:

$gobjWMI_CIMV2.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "Select EventType from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

AddToLog($wmiObject.EventType, @ScriptDir & "\" & "EventList.log")
        Case 7
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Func AddToLog ( $What, $LogFileName)
dim $File
    $File = FileOpen ( $LogFileName, 1 )
    If $File = -1 Then Return
    FileWriteLine ( $File, @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & @TAB & $What & @CRLF )
    FileClose ( $File )
EndFunc

In case that's relevant, the tablet runs Windows 10 home 32 bits with a quad core cpu, Z3775.

Thanks!

AdamUL

Maybe this thread will help.  The code is a little old, but hopefully it helps.  

Adam

Exit

I changed the Case statement
to:                 Case 6,7,8

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

Case 6,7,8  ; RESUME CRITICAL/SUSPEND/STANDBY = 6/7/8
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>__PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady

• Like 1

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :)