rodent1

I need to detect wake event on windows 10

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an Asus transformer tablet with Windows 10 32 bit. When I close it, it goes to sleep. When asleep, wifi is turned off. There is a WM_POWERBROADCAST message that is supposed notify applications that a power-management event has occurred, such as waking up. When the tablet wakes, it does not turn wifi back on. So I wrote a script to check the message, and sure enough, it does not fire. I was going to use that to force start wifi on wake up. I'm looking for an idea to get around that. But so far, I don't have anything. Besides complaining online about Microsoft or Asus bugs, does anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

$gobjWMI_CIMV2 = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")
$gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemSink")
ObjEvent($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "__PowerEVT_SINK_")
$gobjWMI_CIMV2.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "Select EventType from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func __PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady($wmiObject, $wmiAsyncContext)
    Switch $wmiObject.EventType
        Case 7
            MsgBox(64+262144, Default, "OS reports resume from suspend is complete", 0)
            ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\force_start_wifi.exe")
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>__PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

Hi Exit,

Thanks for your post. It looks like it should work. But it went through several sleep and wake cycles, and it did not work.

The __PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady function never fired. To check that, I added a logging function at the top of the function, and got no log.

I also tried it as administrator, just in case an app needs special rights to receive those messages, which in this case would be odd, That did not help anyway.

Here is the code:

$gobjWMI_CIMV2.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($gobjWMI_PowerEVT_Sink, "Select EventType from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

AddToLog($wmiObject.EventType, @ScriptDir & "\" & "EventList.log")
        Case 7
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Func AddToLog ( $What, $LogFileName)
dim $File
    $File = FileOpen ( $LogFileName, 1 )
    If $File = -1 Then Return
    FileWriteLine ( $File, @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & @TAB & $What & @CRLF )
    FileClose ( $File )
EndFunc

In case that's relevant, the tablet runs Windows 10 home 32 bits with a quad core cpu, Z3775.

Thanks!

Maybe this thread will help.  The code is a little old, but hopefully it helps.  

Adam

I changed the Case statement
to:                 Case 6,7,8

While Sleep(100)
WEnd

Case 6,7,8  ; RESUME CRITICAL/SUSPEND/STANDBY = 6/7/8
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>__PowerEVT_SINK_OnObjectReady

1 person likes this

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      Hello,
      In Windows 10 PowerShell, one can do this to change the metric for a NIC in Windows 10:
      Get-NetAdapter | Where-Object -FilterScript {$_.InterfaceAlias -Eq "Ethernet 2"} | Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceMetric 2 I know I can script the above PowerShell line (and it works!), but I wanted to try something I hadn't done before after looking into jguinch's most excellent Network configuration UDF. I wanted to make use of the SetIPConnectionMetric method in the WMI classes. There is an example VBscript here but this is not for Windows 10. Using AutoIT would also give better control over capturing error return codes than with PowerShell.
      But I cannot get my script to work! The return from SetIPConnectionMetric() is 0, which would indicate success. Yet the change does not happen. I also tried WMI methods using .put_ but this fails.
      Anyone more experienced than I have ideas to make this work?
      #RequireAdmin _SetNicInterfaceMetric2("Ethernet 2", "2") Func _SetNicInterfaceMetric2($NIC_NAME, $METRIC) Local $s_setIndx = 0 $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\" & "." & "\root\cimv2") $colNICItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE NetConnectionID = '" & $NIC_NAME & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNICItems) Then For $objItem In $colNICItems $s_nicIndex = $objItem.Index Next ConsoleWrite("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'" & @CRLF) $colNAC = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNAC) Then For $objNetCard In $colNAC If $METRIC <> $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric Then ConsoleWrite("Metric was set to " & $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric & ". Setting to " & $METRIC & "." & @CRLF) $s_isSet = $objNetCard.SetIPConnectionMetric($METRIC) ConsoleWrite("SetIPConnectionMetric Result = " & $s_isSet & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Metric is already set to " & $METRIC & @CRLF) EndIf Next EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>_SetNicInterfaceMetric2  
    • mlazovjp
      By mlazovjp
      OK, this one is baffling me and my coworkers.
      I created an AutoIt script with Windows 10 1607 (or maybe 1511) that would do a RunWait "DisplaySwitch.exe /clone" to have both monitors display the same content.  It worked without issue.  Then I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to Windows 10 1703 (Creators Update).  Now when I run the script, it executes everything before and after the RunWait command but the display properties never change.  I used variables to capture the result of the RunWait command and the value of @error.  RunWait returns 0, @error returns 1 (though I don't know what that means exactly).
      I started over with a two-line AutoIt script which attempts to run DisplaySwitch.exe and nothing happens.  I modified the RunWait command to run C:\windows\system32\DisplaySwitch.exe but nothing happens.  So, I created a batch file which just attempts to run C:\windows\system32\DisplaySwitch.exe followed by a pause statement so I could read the results.  It reports "'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.".
      So I modified the batch file to perform a directory listing of C:\Windows\system32\*.exe .  It generates a list of 337 files, but if you look through the list, DisplaySwitch.exe is missing.  I then modified the batch file to perform a recursive search for DisplaySwitch.exe from the root of C:\ and it eventually finds this single file: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-displayswitch_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.15063.0_none_fdd58a325d4a2de2\displayswitch.exe
      I can run that file from the batch file and it works fine.  If I run the batch file directly rather than through an AutoIt script, it works fine and it lists DisplaySwitch.exe in C:\Windows\system32 .  
      I have compiled the AutoIt script using v3.3.14.2 and in desperation, I even compiled it with autoit-v3.3.15.0-beta-setup.exe with the same results.  I also tried adding #RequireAdmin with the same results.  If I look at the security properties of the file I cannot find anything which implies that a script could not access it.  I also notice that if I open a command prompt and do the same directory listing of all .exe files in C:\windows\system32 it lists 660 files, compared to only 337 files when that command is run through my AutoIt script.  I can also report that when I made these two files available for download through Google Drive to my colleague running Windows 10 1511, Smart Filter and Symantec both complained about the files, but we bypassed the warning and they executed properly (i.e. DisplaySwitch.exe was visible in C:\windows\system32 and it switched to Clone Mode).  My other colleague with 1703 has the same problem as me where DisplaySwitch.exe is invisible to scripts running from within an AutoIt script.
      switch.au3
      switch.cmd
    • rg20
      By rg20
      Greetings all,

I have an app that runs fine in windows 7 but not windows 10.
      issue : when entering the filename to save, it enters it into the saveAs dialog box, but Office still tries to save as "Diagram1" or "Presentation1"

$FileError = "" MonitorProcess2("VISIO") _DebugOut("Visio Done") MonitorProcess2("POWERPNT") _debugOut("Powerpoint Done") CloseSave($FileSavePathName, $SaveAsWindow) _DebugOut("Saved and closed Powerpoint") _VSO_DocumentSave($objVisioFile) while not _VSO_DocumentSaved($objVisioFile) WEnd _VSO_VisioClose($objVisioFile) _DebugOut("Saved and closed Visio") else _DebugOut("Filename Does not exist = "& $FilePathName) EndIf the monitor process2 just makes sure the processes are complete before trying to save the files.

The closeSave function is below, but since I am opening the file with the proper name, this is not an issue
      func CloseSave($SaveFile, $SaveAsWindow) _DebugOut("Save File ") _DebugOut($SaveFile) send("!{F4}") send ("!S") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") _DebugOut("WINDOW - current window is Powerpoint to enter filename " & $title) while not ($title = $SaveAsWindow) $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") wend ControlSetText ($SaveAsWindow,"","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]",$SaveFile) send ("!S") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") while not StringInStr($title,"Visio") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") wend EndFunc  
    • brodillo
      By brodillo
      Hello, I've experience using automation anywhere. Now I want to learn Auto It for my automatization projects.
      I've tried to implement an example using calculator program in Windows 10.
      When I used au3Info program to identify  an escefific zone in the calc window , au3info always return the same advanced class  [CLASS:ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow; INSTANCE:1] 
      Is there a restriction for windows 10?
      See my little script

Run("Calc.exe")
      WinWaitActive("Calculadora")
      WinActive("Calculadora")
      $old="0"
      $new="1020"
      $controlNumber="[CLASS:ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow; INSTANCE:1]"
      ControlSetText("Calculadora","",$controlNumber,$new)
      ControlSend("Calculadora","",$controlNumber,$new)

I've tried using controlSetText and ControlSend.

Thank you for your help

• DLS
      By DLS
      I have a working script that changes the core affinity and process priority of multiples of a specific application I have running.  
      I have that part figured out.

I would like to make a little modification to it.

Windows10 introduced virtual desktops.  I am trying to have different core affinity and priority of processes on the visible and non-visible desktops.  
      What I need is a bool function that could be described as IsWindowOnCurrentDesktop($hWnd).  I have searched the winAPI.au3 but I do not believe anything like that exists built it.
      I have searched multiple places before asking for help. I found a Microsoft supplied example of the function I need using C#, but I am unfamiliar with C# to a degree that I cannot port the system call over.
      https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/winsdk/2015/09/10/virtual-desktop-switching-in-windows-10/
      Help is appreciated but not expected.  Thanks in advanced.   In the meantime I will be learning C# syntax and class structure.