How Change Icon In Taskbar - Not Tray !

I've read the forums and help till I'm blurry eyed but cant seem to find how to change the icon of an compiled script whose button on the Taskbar shows the AutoIt icon. I want to change the taskbar icon to my own icon. As an example script I'm using the message box popup.

thanks in advance

I've read the forums and help till I'm blurry eyed but cant seem to find how to change the icon of an compiled script whose button on the Taskbar shows the AutoIt icon. I want to change the taskbar icon to my own icon. As an example script I'm using the message box popup.

thanks in advance

If you are using CompileAU3 that comes with SciTE it is an option to select your own. I am not sure how that works with the AUT2EXE, but some how it does it.

I recommend downloading SciTE from here. SciTE4AutoIt3

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

If you follow JSThePatriot's instructions then runt the compile dEXE, you should see the icon in the taskbar. Note that the icon on the message box itsself will remain generic unless you substitue the MsgBox with your own GuiCreate....

HOWEVER, if I compiled with one icon then reompiled with a different icon, I get the old icon in the taskbar and the new icon in the tray?!?

WinXP Pro sp2, 3.1.1.87 beta, I think; newest SciTe4Autoit.... [screenshot attached]

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

If you follow JSThePatriot's instructions then runt the compile dEXE, you should see the icon in the taskbar. Note that the icon on the message box itsself will remain generic unless you substitue the MsgBox with your own GuiCreate....

HOWEVER, if I compiled with one icon then reompiled with a different icon, I get the old icon in the taskbar and the new icon in the tray?!?

WinXP Pro sp2, 3.1.1.87 beta, I think; newest SciTe4Autoit.... [screenshot attached]

For me it updated fine after changing the ICON....

EDIT: Correction... it does show this behaviour with just a MSGBOX... works fine with GUI...

EDIT2: This issue clears after a reboot so probably the ICON is cached somewhere ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I ran into this problem myself a little while ago. Windows keeps a cache of icons that it associates with executable filenames, and it really likes to use the ones in the cache even if the contents of the program have changed. The good news is that the filename is the only thing it associates with the icon, so if you rename your compiled EXE, you should notice the icon update properly. As JdeB pointed out, the issue will sometimes be fixed after you reboot, and there are a number of programs out there that will force Windows to rebuild the cache without restarting. I just happened to notice that a program I already had, RegSeeker, had this functionality (though it annoyingly scrambles the positions of your desktop icons as well).

Message boxes spawned by the compiled script should also have the icon that was given to the executable. I don't remember if I ever ran across a msgbox style that negated this functionality, but there might be one. Edited by Sokko