Sign in to follow this  
s0urce

Hidden Windows in Windows 10

s0urce

Hello folks,

I try to set the window state of 3th party windows (win32 gui) to "@SW_HIDE". This seems not to work properly in windows 10. The window is hidden, but it is still visible in the windows bar. If I click on it, nothing happens. Thx for some infos.

Br, s0urce

AutoBert

What's the Windows bar, the Windows taskbar, the Titlebar from window?  What's the name from 3th paty app?

Thx for more infos.

Edited by AutoBert

s0urce

Yeah, the Windows taskbar. The app is an selfwritten one. Delphi compile to exe.

AutoBert

You hided the wrong window. Delphi uses a Form for Project, and the hided one is the Child of this Project.

s0urce
3 hours ago, AutoBert said:

You hided the wrong window. Delphi uses a Form for Project, and the hided one is the Child of this Project.

Oh, good to know, thank you very much. Do you maybe have a solution to hide the parent "process"? I found this option "_WinAPI_GetParentProcess(WinGetProcess($title))" to get a parent process, but I found no way to hide a window with it's pid.

AutoBert

_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hWnd3thParty, $GWL_HWNDPARENT) should help. It returns the needed WindowHandle from Parentwindow. 

• Like 1

s0urce

Thank you AutoBert, this was the solution. Here is my ready function, maybe someone else looking for this:

#include <WinAPI.au3>

func _WinAndParentSetState($title,$state)
  $childHandle=WinGetHandle($title)
  $parentLong=_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($childHandle,$GWL_HWNDPARENT)
  $parentHandle=HWnd($parentLong)
  WinSetState($parentHandle,'',$state)
  WinSetState($childHandle,'',$state)
endfunc
Edited by s0urce

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Daydreamer067
      By Daydreamer067
      Hi
      in windows 10 i create a new desktop.
      I want to run a script in this desktop, for exemple Mouseclick("left",x,y)
      I want the script to work in that desktop while i switch to the primary desktop.
      So far autoit clicks on the active desktop.
      Is there a way to make it run only on the other desktop ?

Thank you for your response.
    • codingislife
      By codingislife
      Hi everyone, 
      I'm new to the autoit world and am trying to do something a little complicated and am having trouble developing a solution. My OS after reimaging comes up with two operating system choices during boot up, I'd like to delete the incorrect OS. I have noticed that the default OS is always the correct OS. My issue is I need a way to find the OS identifier before I can delete. I know that I  can use bcdedit to find this but it changes every time and it needs to be the correct identifier (i.e. not the Default or bootmgr). If someone knows of a way to parse through the output of bcdedit to find the identifier that would be greatly appreciated. Here is an example of what I am trying to do:
      https://scottiestech.info/2016/07/03/remove-the-choose-an-operating-system-message-when-starting-your-computer/
    • PramodR
      By PramodR
      Hello,
      i am new to AUTO IT development , I would like one help to read value from a POP up.
      i am able to read below values using inspect tool , information given below, I tried to create a script to read value but that does not help. any help is appreciated.
      Available Controls
      POPUP window Controls
      Auto Id = "UpdateNow_Btn"
      Name = Update Now
      Invoke - Button Control
      Below Controls i get when i move inspector tool to the text which i need to read. i need to read the text Name . Currently with my code i get only blank text 
      Auto Id = timeOutLb
      ClassName = TextBlock
      LegacyIAccess = GetName
      Name  = Read Value for Name

My code.

• Dreamfire
      By Dreamfire
      Hi,
      Since today, exe's are being flagged as having a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.B!cl)
      Version:  3.3.14.3 - SciTE Version 3.7.3

• PramodR
      By PramodR
      Hello,
      I have to execute below block of code in elevated previllage, as that particular wmic class will work only with admin previlage.
      i am getting out put when i launch autoit as administrator,  but i will not be able to launch autoit as admin in this particular case but my user have admin rights.
      is there any better way i can run those command as administrator.?
      tried below steps:
      i have tried #RequireAdmin but that creates a user prompt  Tried using Runas command but gives error as wrong username or password , stuck with that step.